Cat Quest [Switch/Steam/PS4/Alltheplatforms]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Cat Quest [Switch/Steam/PS4/Alltheplatforms]

Post by Zaxxon »

This was recommended in passing in the Switch thread. I bit and bought it last week. Since then, my daughters and I have been surprisingly addicted to it. Yes, it's cutesy, and no, it's not the deepest RPG out there. But for $12.99, it's a fun romp.

The art is well done, dialogue is silly and very punny, and combat-while not super deep-is satisfying. It plays well in short bursts and longer sessions, and there's a decent amount of content for the price. Not hundreds of hours by any stretch, but more than a handful. My Switch tells me I got through the main quest line in 6 hours and change, but I have a bunch of side quests and post-game content left.

If any of you are looking for a relatively cheap gateway RPG for your spawn, this is a good choice.

wonderpug

Re: Cat Quest [Switch/Steam/PS4/Alltheplatforms]

Post by wonderpug »

Darn, I wish I had known this was coming to the Switch before I bought it on the iPhone. Great little game, though.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Bought this for my daughter for Xmas. I expect she'll be over the moon with this, no matter how bad the game may be.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My son bought it on steam and finished it in one sitting. The positive is he liked it well enough to do so, the negative being it's pretty short.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter