Civilization 6

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fitzy

Civilization 6

Post by Fitzy »

Not kidding. It’s on the Apple App Store for IPads.

Aspyr’s site

You can play the first 60 turns free, so I’ll give it a shot. This would be an incredible travel game if it works.
Dave Allen

Re: Civilization 6

Post by Dave Allen »

Wow, 60 bucks, but until Jan 4th it's 50% off.
I got two $15 iTunes gift cards for Christmas so for $30 I can get:
Imbroglio
Sorcery! 1
Sorcery! 2
Sorcery! 3
Sorcery! 4
Gorogoa
80 Days
Dungelot - Shattered Lands
This War Of Mine
The Room Three
and Hadean Lands

Or I can get Civilization VI. :think:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Finally replaced my cracked and incredibly slow first generation iPad with a nice new one, so I had to pick this up on sale at $29.99. I used to love Civ, but I've missed the last few editions as I've been pretty much 100% XBOX. Played Civ Revolution, but that was really a very light version of the Civ I used to know and love. This new mobile edition is outstanding! Graphics are fine and lag isn't too bad on the new iPad. I'm really enjoying it, although my sleep is suffering as I'm gripped again by that "one more turn" bug. Good times.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Dave Allen wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 am Wow, 60 bucks, but until Jan 4th it's 50% off.
I got two $15 iTunes gift cards for Christmas so for $30 I can get:
Imbroglio
Sorcery! 1
Sorcery! 2
Sorcery! 3
Sorcery! 4
Gorogoa
80 Days
Dungelot - Shattered Lands
This War Of Mine
The Room Three
and Hadean Lands

Or I can get Civilization VI. :think:
I have all those already, so I'll just go ahead and grab Civ VI. :)

Seriously, this port is absolutely amazing. I have it on both PC and iPad now, and actually prefer playing on iPad.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I don't know when the price dropped, but its currently in the appstore for $19.99.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

They're having a new season pass for Civ 6. $20 (total) and a new leader every 2 months starting next month.
Last edited by dbt1949 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

And a free Caesar leader if you link your Civ 6 to some account... 2k account? Not sure if I care enough to jump through the hoop.
Brian

Post by Brian »

So my wife's Civ6 is no longer loading any of the mods including Gathering Storm.
It just loads the basic Civ6.
We have checked the Mods tab and everything is (was) checked.

We eventually tried uninstalling completely, deleting all folders associated with Civ6 and its mods, and then reinstalled fresh from Epic.

Nada. It still only loads the base Civ game. Now, it still lists mods and additional Leader/Civs but no longer shows Gathering Storm and Rise & Fall.

When she bought the game on Epic she bought the bundle that included everything up to that point (Gathering Storm) but it is still loading only the base game and the option to load other game modes.

Help me Octowan Kenoverlord. You're my only hope.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I think you know you answer......delete and reload.
Alternatively wait a few days until 2k gets things straighten out.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Brian

Post by Brian »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:24 am I think you know you answer......delete and reload.
Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am We eventually tried uninstalling completely, deleting all folders associated with Civ6 and its mods, and then reinstalled fresh from Epic.

Nada.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am So my wife's Civ6 is no longer loading any of the mods including Gathering Storm.

We eventually tried uninstalling completely, deleting all folders associated with Civ6 and its mods, and then reinstalled fresh from Epic.

Nada. It still only loads the base Civ game. Now, it still lists mods and additional Leader/Civs but no longer shows Gathering Storm and Rise & Fall.

When she bought the game on Epic she bought the bundle that included everything up to that point (Gathering Storm) but it is still loading only the base game and the option to load other game modes.

It very well could be a 2K problem. I still can't get the leader seasonal pass myself, which is free if you have all the previous DLC's bought. I have them all. Yesterday 2K servers were overloaded and I couldn't log into my 2K account to connect my account with Steam. Trying again this morning and now Steam wants me to buy the Anthology Edition for $0.00. Ugh.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am So my wife's Civ6 is no longer loading any of the mods including Gathering Storm.

I suspect it's likely the Epic Games Launcher that's buggering things up. So, instead of running the game via the Epic Games Launcher, try running it directly from the 2K launcher instead. You should be able to do this by navigating to where she has the game installed, e.g.

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Launchpad
Right click the Launchpad.exe, send it to desktop as a shortcut, and then use the newly-created Civ VI icon on the desktop to run the game and see if that does the trick.

EDIT: Here's another suggestion for the Steam version of Gathering Storm not showing up as DLC that may help:
If it's showing as installed in your Steam client, but doesn't show up in the additional content menu in-game, you need to delete the Mods.sqlite file. On Windows, you will find it in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI

This file keeps track of all additional content, both DLC and mods, but sometimes it gets a little wedged. Deleting it (while the game isn't running) and then starting the game will cause it to be regenerated, generally without errors.
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:31 am
dbt1949 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:24 am I think you know you answer......delete and reload.
Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am We eventually tried uninstalling completely, deleting all folders associated with Civ6 and its mods, and then reinstalled fresh from Epic.

Nada.

Why don't I read everything?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ain't nobody got time for that.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Brian

Post by Brian »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:51 am
Brian wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:31 am

Nada.

Why don't I read everything?
I'm just as guilty at times. :)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Looks like they are aware of this issue...

@CivGame

We've pushed an update to address reports that Civ VI was reverting to older builds on Steam.

If you've experienced this, please exit Civilization VI and download the latest patch before restarting the game.
Will have to try it out after we get home.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Well I haven't booted the game up lately, (and may avoid it atm) I was looking at the leader pass thing. It was included in the Anthology bundle, but at a cost of 0.00. When trying to "buy" it last night, it wasn't going through.

Went to buy a game today because of the sale & the anthology was still in the cart. This time it went through, and the Leader Pass (and something called Great Negotiators) are listed under my owned DLC. So maybe I got it for free?
Brian

Post by Brian »

And now it's working correctly after reinstalling.

The wife is happy. :)
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

They made an update yesterday or last night. It fixed my issue. I did not need to "buy" the $0.00 Anthology edition. Just clicked on it and was automatically added to my account. All good and new leaders showing up.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

OK I just paid eight bucks to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Pray that it is worth it.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:49 am OK I just paid eight bucks to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Pray that it is worth it.
Penny per hour of game play, what better bargain do you want?

Anyone get the new leaders addon? I've not had time to play in months, I thought the game was done but was surprised that this came out.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

All I've noticed with my first playthru is just the leaders. There may be some more stuff but I didn't notice it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:31 am
Kraken wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:49 am OK I just paid eight bucks to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Pray that it is worth it.
Penny per hour of game play, what better bargain do you want?

Anyone get the new leaders addon? I've not had time to play in months, I thought the game was done but was surprised that this came out.
I think that might be what I bought. IDK. I'm wrapped up in GalCiv3 now.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:08 am I'm wrapped up in GalCiv3 now.
Off topic here, but are you playing the new GalCiv3 4.5 update? You might consider posting any thoughts about it in the GC3 thread if you get the urge.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:14 am
Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:08 am I'm wrapped up in GalCiv3 now.
Off topic here, but are you playing the new GalCiv3 4.5 update? You might consider posting any thoughts about it in the GC3 thread if you get the urge.
If Steam is keeping me updated then yeah. It's not noticeably different from the last time I played. If Steam didn't update me then I want to speak to the manager.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

After decades, it amazes me how much Civ can still suck me back into playing a round. Sure, there are lots of times where I start a game, and abandon it quickly. But I'm currently finishing up a round with new leader Mbande Nzinga (Kongo) and am enjoying it a lot. Right now, the only question is if I win by domination (Teddy Roosevelt just fell... China will go quick and that would leave Shaka), of it the Culture victory will happen first. :D
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I bought this on sale a couple of months ago for my PS4 and it’s all I have played since.

I’m not sure why it’s grabbed me so much because 5 never really clicked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Did you get most of the DLCS?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:15 am Did you get most of the DLCS?
I have vanilla but Fanatical has Platinum on sale for Platinum for $13.59. I'm wondering if I should replace my copy. I haven't touched the game for years. Is Platinum missing of the DLC?

Listed as

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Civilization VI – Vikings Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm expansion
It seemed like they put out a lot more than that.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I got that DLC. I really like the Gathering Storm stuff. All the extra leaders are fun too.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Steam also has a massive sale right now for this.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:51 am Steam also has a massive sale right now for this.
Ah. That wasn't there earlier. They have Civ VI anthology for 27.76 which looks a lot more complete. Fanatical did not advertise but have it for 26.99 currently

Though some of these are free
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Vikings Scenario Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: New Frontier Pass
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Rise and Fall
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Gathering Storm
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Ethiopia Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Teddy Roosevelt Persona Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Byzantium & Gaul Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Catherine de Medici Persona Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Babylon Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack
Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Portugal Pack
I don't see an end date for this sale, so I'm not sure how much thinking time I get here.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:15 am I don't see an end date for this sale, so I'm not sure how much thinking time I get here.
It says it's got 26 hours left to go.

I've bought a number of the previous DLC, but not a lot of the country/leader packs... The 'Anthology' bundle lets me complete my collection for $13.02 (69% off)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Dramatist wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 am I’m not sure why it’s grabbed me so much because 5 never really clicked for me.
That tracks. I absolutely worship V, but VI never clicked for me.

I’ve seen many people say they love one, but not the other, but I still don’t understand why (including myself…can’t pinpoint why I love V and not VI)
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And Fanatical just dropped the Anthology to $24.99 but doesn't have everything Steam had with the same name.

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm expansion
Civilization VI – Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Vikings Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI – Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass
How annoying. Guess I snoozed and lost. Maybe next time.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:09 am
Dramatist wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 am I’m not sure why it’s grabbed me so much because 5 never really clicked for me.

I’ve seen many people say they love one, but not the other, but I still don’t understand why (including myself…can’t pinpoint why I love V and not VI)
I have over 7000 hours in Civ 5 and around 1300 hours in Civ 6. So I don't exactly dislike Civ 6 but I like Civ 5 a lot more.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

dbt1949 wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:09 am

I have over 7000 hours in Civ 5 and around 1300 hours in Civ 6. So I don't exactly dislike Civ 6 but I like Civ 5 a lot more.
Maybe because I’m playing on a console for the first time, I really don’t know. I’m just happy to be enjoying myself.

I’m actually not very good either. Or, I guess I could be much better than I am. I sometimes forget my opponents and just keep pressing that turn button.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

One of a very few games (maybe only) where I feel like I totally mastered it (V not VI) and could consistently play on the hardest setting and win.

After 8 billion hours played, it’s not as impressive as it sounds. :D I just eventually memorized the underlying spreadsheet functions I guess.

But what a glorious spreadsheet it is!!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I joined a couple of CIv 6 Facebook groups today (not realizing they were two separate groups) -- a fan site and the official Sid Meiers-branded site. A post from 2/17 says that Civ 7 is officially in development (to which someone commented "This is awesome! I can't wait to buy the Civ7 anthology at 90% off in 10 years. Until then I'll be playing Civ 6."

Enlarge Image

(edit) Actually, "Next Civ game" might or might not be Civ 7. IGN says "Firaxis didn't confirm whether or not it would be the seventh game in the mainline series or if it would be a spinoff in the vein of.Civilization: Beyond Earth."
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Oddly I just reinstalled that yesterday.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949