Sea of Thieves, anyone?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kurth

Re: Sea of Thieves, anyone?

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:52 pm I created an xBox Live club for the Overlords - just search for OctopusOverlords (no spaces).

Mostly because I'm not finding enough friends online to play this game which is so much better with a good crew.
Submitted a request to join the OctopusOverlords club for XBOX. Not sure how these clubs work on XBOX, but let me know if I need to do something else.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Every request is set
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Sea of Thieves
I love the chosen title. :wub:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

No question: This game seems half-done. That said, I love the half that’s there. I cannot get enough of sailing around, dealing with storms, hiding out from other ships, and grinding through the Trading Company voyages (mostly Gold Hoarders and Order of Souls). And there’s just something magical about sailing past a forlorn isle and seeing a gleaming message in a bottle or curio sitting out on the beach. It’s all really well done.

But . . . How can you have a pirate game without merchant ships to take out? The only NPCs in this game are the skeletons you fight, the trading companies, and the bar and shop keepers. Shouldn’t there be some other ships out here sailing around on the Sea of Thieves??? How can it just be a sea of pirates? I want some NPC ships to target, some privateers, some form of military or nation state chasing us down (where are the Spanish?).

This game has SO much potential. But they really, really need to flesh it out.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Kurth wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:03 am No question: This game seems half-done. That said, I love the half that’s there. I cannot get enough of sailing around, dealing with storms, hiding out from other ships, and grinding through the Trading Company voyages (mostly Gold Hoarders and Order of Souls). And there’s just something magical about sailing past a forlorn isle and seeing a gleaming message in a bottle or curio sitting out on the beach. It’s all really well done.

But . . . How can you have a pirate game without merchant ships to take out? The only NPCs in this game are the skeletons you fight, the trading companies, and the bar and shop keepers. Shouldn’t there be some other ships out here sailing around on the Sea of Thieves??? How can it just be a sea of pirates? I want some NPC ships to target, some privateers, some form of military or nation state chasing us down (where are the Spanish?).

This game has SO much potential. But they really, really need to flesh it out.
Yeah, I'm a big fan, but I'm shelving it for the time being. I too was missing the NPC merchant ships.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I don't know what happened, but over the last week or so, the game has become completely unplayable for me. I log on, take a voyage, start digging up loot and taking down skeleton captains, and just when I'm about to head back to port to turn in my loot, I get booted with a "Longbeard" error, whatever the hell that is. All my loot, the cost of the voyage, all my effort . . . up in smoke. This is the end of every single play session, usually, a half hour to 45 minutes in. Just too aggravating to keep going. I submitted a support ticket, but no response from Rare.

Bummer. So much potential. :(
Gillies

Post by Gillies »

Spam
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Between this and State of Decay 2 I dumped Xbox Game Pass. I still think it's a decent deal if you haven't played some of the older titles like Gears of War and Halo, but it's increasingly looking like a place MS dumps their half-finished junk.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I got a free month of the Gamepass thingie so Downloaded this last night. Got a buddy that plays if anyone wants to join us on the high seas...that is if you aren't bored with it already :)
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

I also just started playing this. I signed up for the GamePass mainly for State of Decay 2 but got tired of that in a few days and decided to give this a shot. If anyone ever see's me online and playing, feel free to join up :).
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."