Also, DM SG Etiquette probably is good?
Bravo: Let the RNGod Be Your Guide. We will not be using specified turn length for sets in games,i.e., play 10 turns, 15, etc. Turnsets will be determined by in-game events, whereby each person will play until a “significant stopping point.” This could be a tech discovery, end of a GAge, end/beginning of war, birth of a GP, etc. Trust the RNGod to show you the way during your set. However, please play no less than 10/15, no more than 20/30 turns per set (Normal/Epic speed).
Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ The ghost of GreyFox guides this rule, so be forewarned. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later; waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Punk out two times in a row, and you’ll be dropped from the roster.
Delta: Major game decisions (war/peace declarations, religion swaps, city placement or specialization, wonder/nat'l wonder placement, use of GPs, etc) should be arrived at via group consensus. One of the aims of SGs are to improve our gameplay, so strategy discussions are of paramount importance in order to establish a group consensus. Players can NOT just check-in with their turns every couple of weeks. If you won't (not can't) contribute, don't sign up.
1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.
5. If you deem the situation too serious and want some group discussion, feel free to "hold your breath" and not play until you get some input.
Echo: Be Excellent to Each Other. Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home. On the other hand, when pointing out any weed, try to be nice ~ a spoonful of sugar and all that.
Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. We’re here to play in a friendly environment. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged. However, don’t be jerk.
Golf: Automate sparingly, and always inform the team.
1. Workers should almost never be automated, except perhaps late-game or building a trade network. However, if you have to, set your game options to “disallow automated worker forest chopping” and “keep previous improvements.”
2. Use of the “Emphasis” buttons is fine, but let the group know and explain your reasoning (specialization is a major game decision). If you prevent growth in a city, let the group know and remind them to take it off. Do NOT let the governor select build orders.
3. Sending units on go-to routes that last beyond your set is acceptable only if they’re heading for a rally point or if you otherwise inform your teammates.
Hotel: NEVER fortify Great People. Is it so hard to push the spacebar 15 times??
India: The Captain Reserves the Right to be a jerk. SGs are a group effort, and require everyone to participate. If you're not pulling your weight, then don't be surprised if you're no longer in the game.
Game: Fall From Heaven 2
Version: 0.34, Patch ? (newest at the moment of writing)
Map Size: Large
Victory conditions: All?
What I'm thinking, is make this very OO styled game. State Religion must always be Octopus Overlords (or none if you dont have it yet), Maybe religious victory, and not allow to war against other OO religions?
2. Stefan Stirzaker
3. Jeff T (If he gets his PC back)
(player list might get bigger if more players, but absolute max is... I don't know )
Also, make suggestions for all parts with ?