Game of Thrones Season 7

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by McNutt »

Deanerys saving the day sounds like the kind of writing I'd expect from this show. One thing that kept the books interesting was that there wasn't a whole lot of day saving going on. That style of story is different from what we see every day on TV, so it was refreshing.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

My predictions for next episode

1. Dany will fly all three Dragons to save Jon & Co. They already strongly hinted they have a growing "affection" for each other
2. She'll lose one of the dragons and my guess it will be Viseron. The dragon she loses will be raised by the Night King..
3. Benjen will also show up and die saving Jon
4. Littlefinger will die in this upcoming episode or the last.
Last edited by tru1cy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
MHS

Post by MHS »

McNutt wrote:I know it's hard to cast kids as siblings, but watching Sansa looking down over a foot to talk to Arya was pretty funny. There is no universe in which these two could pass as even cousins.
I don't have a big problem with this. I can chalk it up to Sansa not having skipped many meals of boar and lemon cakes and buttered neeps while Arya was starving in Flea Bottom, at important times in their maturation and development.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

What's the over/under on a wight in King's Landing somehow converting FrankenGregor to its side?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

tru1cy wrote:My predictions for next episode

1. Dany will fly all three Dragons to save Jon & Co. They already strongly hinted they have a growing "affection" for each other
2. She'll lose one of the dragons and my guess it will be Viseron
3. Benjen will also show up and die saving Jon
4. Littlefinger will die in this upcoming episode or the last.
I would also be chocked if the season doesn't end with the wall coming down.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I would also be chocked if the season doesn't end with the wall coming down.
Because a zombie that doesn't breath blows a magic horn capable of destroying a wall that has stood for thousands of years? :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

McNutt wrote:Deanerys saving the day sounds like the kind of writing I'd expect from this show. One thing that kept the books interesting was that there wasn't a whole lot of day saving going on. That style of story is different from what we see every day on TV, so it was refreshing.
Actually thinking about it some more I think I'm leaning more towards a children of the forest appearance. One because the "Last Hero" story which this mission seems to be evoking involves the hero making contact with the children of the forest, and because that would open up more storytelling opportunities for learning about the white walkers and how to defeat them.

We'll see, though.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Sam is already riding to the rescue with his cart of books and scrolls. Although the cart only goes about 2 miles per hour he should be at the wall in about 3 hours.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Very nice. :D
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I see they also picked up on the tragedy of the missed loot.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Didn't all the children of the forest get killed by the white walkers in the hold the door incident?
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Didn't all the children of the forest get killed by the white walkers in the hold the door incident?
All of them in the world? Why would we think that?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Zaxxon wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Didn't all the children of the forest get killed by the white walkers in the hold the door incident?
I thought it was mentioned that they were the last.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

msteelers wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
If it was, I missed it. Which is certainly possible.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

msteelers wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
I can't remember now why I thought they were all gone. Perhaps they did mention something like that?
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
msteelers wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:
I can't remember now why I thought they were all gone. Perhaps they did mention something like that?
It seems like they're in the "few to none" around category. But even if there was something in an earlier episode saying that they were wiped out, that presumably would be from the knowledge of whichever character, and wouldn't foreclose a small number (possibly even just one or two) that survived in hiding.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

My admittedly vague and not-to-be-trusted recollection was that the Children themselves said they were the last remaining.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Arya Stark: A master of concealment.

He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:lol:

Yeah, there was a lot of stupid in that episode.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Whelp, this is the best thing I've seen all day.

It's very subtle!
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I am okay with Jaime living. My assumption is that Bronn dragged him to the other side and Daeneris just let him go. Killing him has no real benefit. She destroyed his army and knows that he knows they are screwed. If she kills him Cersei will use the green fire to defend kings landing even if it means completely blowing it up.

I'm also fine with Jon going to get the wight. At any part in the show, has anyone, other than a Lannister, sent someone else to do anything? Even the lannisters, only send important characters. The show is about the Starks, Lannisters, Targs, etc. Not about a bunch or red shirts.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

EvilHomer3k wrote:I am okay with Jaime living. My assumption is that Bronn dragged him to the other side and Daeneris just let him go. Killing him has no real benefit. She destroyed his army and knows that he knows they are screwed. If she kills him Cersei will use the green fire to defend kings landing even if it means completely blowing it up.

I'm also fine with Jon going to get the wight. At any part in the show, has anyone, other than a Lannister, sent someone else to do anything? Even the lannisters, only send important characters. The show is about the Starks, Lannisters, Targs, etc. Not about a bunch or red shirts.
Holding Jaime prisoner, on the other hand, would have a huge benefit.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I can meet the writers halfway. For instance, I can accept that Davos gets Tyrion on that beach secretly because it's been established that Davos specializes in sneaking people into dangerous areas. I can accept that Tyrion can get Bronn to bring Jaime to the meeting, because it's been established that he and Bronn are on good terms, and it's been established that Tyrion knows how to sneak out of the city so he can sneak in too. There's no need for them to waste screen time on how all this was done.

But something like Jaime and Bronn escaping the water? Dany and Tyrion just leaving when it's impossible to miss Bronn racing up to save Jaime? Bronn would have had a hell of a task just retrieving Jaime and dragging him to the shore right there, forget about a long swim. Nothing that has previously been shown gives me a clue on knowing what the writers were hoping to communicate here, other than "They got away, trust us".
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

ImLawBoy wrote:Holding Jaime prisoner, on the other hand, would have a huge benefit.
Dany said this episode that she wouldn't be keeping anyone as a prisoner. She is the Breaker of Chains, she doesn't put people in them.

If Jaime was captured he would have been forced to bend the knee or die. There is no way Jaime bends the knee.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I'm completely fine with the teleporting and things being a fast forward this season. I've been waiting just about 17 years, since Storm of Swords, to finally see these events unfold. I'm ok with the pace being picked up a bit.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Ok, I need help with this one last one where he says "Capture a wight? We'll die. What are we, some kind of. . ."

What was he going to say?
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

McNutt wrote:Ok, I need help with this one last one where he says "Capture a wight? We'll die. What are we, some kind of. . ."

Expendable but familiar character to kill off during a suicide mission in order to heighten drama without really sacrificing anything. :wink:
-mf
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Ah. Thanks.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

That is nice... reminds me a lot of the "If Game of Thrones were on Facebook" series that stopped a few seasons ago. Wonder what happened to it?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

msteelers wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:Holding Jaime prisoner, on the other hand, would have a huge benefit.
Dany said this episode that she wouldn't be keeping anyone as a prisoner. She is the Breaker of Chains, she doesn't put people in them.

If Jaime was captured he would have been forced to bend the knee or die. There is no way Jaime bends the knee.
Yeah, but that's patently stupid. If the choice is bend the knee or die, then you're essentially forcing people into servitude (or they die). So if I'm trying to fix some of the problems of the last episode, one of those problems I'm going to fix is Dany not knowing the difference between a slave and a prisoner of war.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
morlac

Post by morlac »

McNutt wrote:Ok, I need help with this one last one where he says "Capture a wight? We'll die. What are we, some kind of. . ."

Suicide squad.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Monsters?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wonderful?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Rhaegar & Lyanna: But that's a sadder story

A fan film, mixing footage from GoT, Merlin, Reign, and The Tutors. Remarkably well done.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Careful as next episode has leaked and spoilers are everywhere

Spoiler:
look like some of my predictions came true
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Spoilers for this upcoming Sunday. Could not help myself.
Spoiler:
Oh mama. That was heartbreaking. And now the bastards have a dragon for themselves. Yoinks. The Arya/Sansa stuff was good. Especially Arya telling her straight up what she can do. Enjoyed the episode quite a bit.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

That was both preposterous and completely and totally epic.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Captain Caveman wrote:That was both preposterous and completely and totally epic.
Totes!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Spoilers for episode 6 below:

The just-in-the-nick-of-time moments were way too much for me. Preposterous indeed.

Any time you saw a member of the party that you didn't recognize you realized they were going to die in a few seconds.

I wasn't even thinking about pulling that dragon out to make an undead dragon. That was cool. I have no idea where a bunch of zombies got 30 tons worth of chains though. Is that standard zombie army supplies?

This show is going off the rails, but it's still interesting in a guilty pleasure way, just not a quality storytelling way.