Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Winter 2019-20 is coming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Re: Winter 2019-20 is coming

Post by Isgrimnur » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:21 pm

KATU
Travelers headed south on Interstate 5 for Thanksgiving holiday travel are in for a wild ride.

While traffic is moving at its usual pace with no weather woes along the Oregon-Washington border – it’s a different story near the Oregon-California border.

I-5 remains closed near the border Wednesday morning due to a massive snow storm in the area. Tuesday night, officials closed the interstate in the Yreka, California area and at the southbound lanes of the freeway at Exit 11 in Ashland. I-5 southbound reopened in Ashland at around 8 a.m. Wednesday.

Caltrans District 2 announced I-5 southbound reopened at Weed, California at around 8:10 a.m. Chains or traction tires are required.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:37 am

We had >50 mph winds today. sent it east, where it is likely to wreck the Macy's parade tomorrow.

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am

Roads are basically "clear" here this morning but I still have ~16" of snow in my backyard and will continue to do so for some time. Dogs not happy.
-mf

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:05 pm

We had a major snow storm yesterday. Got a lot of snow dumped on us. And then there were the power outages. We had multiple power outages last night, so much so that it made power unreliable. After the first major outage, it would come on for about 5-10 min and go off again, rinse and repeat.
PC:
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti

Daehawk
Snooze

Post by Daehawk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Enlarge Image
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:56 am

Both major Chicago airports were shutdown for a while this morning because of heavy freezing fog. That'll get the travel day off to a rousing start. Temps are supposed to be in the 50''s here until this weekend. I hope it's cold enough to chill the beer I bought this morning for a 2 pm party.

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Weather.com
A major winter storm will bring heavy snow, some ice and potentially blizzard conditions to parts of the Plains this weekend, potentially snarling post-Christmas holiday travel.

This storm system is currently bringing rain and heavy mountain snow to Southern California.

Heavy snow stranded vehicles on Interstate 5 in the mountains north of Los Angeles, a stretch known as the Grapevine, late Wednesday night, prompting a shutdown of freeway. Interstate 15 (Cajon Pass), highways 33 and 138 into the mountains were also closed due to heavy snow early Thursday.

Traffic slowed as portions of Interstate 8 closed in southern California, well east of San Diego, due to heavy snow and lowering visibilities, Thursday morning.
Later Thursday through Friday night is when the bulk of rain and higher-elevation snow moves into Arizona, southern Utah, New Mexico and southern Colorado. Some lingering snow is possible in these higher elevations into Saturday, before the storm's precipitation finally moves away.
-Friday: Rain spreads into the central and southern Plains during the day. Friday night, snow expands out of the High Plains into the Northern Plains. Freezing rain is possible from parts of northern Kansas into central Nebraska, southeast South Dakota, northern Iowa and southern Minnesota.

Daehawk
Snooze

Post by Daehawk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:03 pm

We get a toasty holiday week then the bottom goes out and we get normal'ish weather. Yuck.

Enlarge Image
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:12 pm

I just took an hour-long walk over lunch, and now I'm kind of sweaty. I should have left the light jacket behind. It's in the low-60's.

Daehawk
Snooze

Post by Daehawk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:44 am

We are going from 70 degrees to 20 degrees in the span of one week....almost just 2 days. Later need week they are saying teens. Well had to happen sometime.

Enlarge Image
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Kraken
Snooze

Post by Kraken » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 am

We blew away two high-temp records last weekend, plus a few of the more obscure ones, such as "greatest departure from average" and "highest low temp for the date." It was the first time Boston has ever had two 70-degree days in January. It's still mild this week, but within normal parameters. Supposed to be sunny and 52 tomorrow -- our avg Jan. high is around 35.

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:38 am

Kraken wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 am
We blew away two high-temp records last weekend, plus a few of the more obscure ones, such as "greatest departure from average" and "highest low temp for the date." It was the first time Boston has ever had two 70-degree days in January. It's still mild this week, but within normal parameters. Supposed to be sunny and 52 tomorrow -- our avg Jan. high is around 35.
Living in Maine, my biggest concern (outside direct Climate Change) is that a warm or mild winter doesn't kill enough ticks. Warm winters lead to tick explosions, which lead to lots of them finding us - and lots of moose being drained dry.

We invested in a snow blower this winter - I can clear our driveway and 700' easement in about 90 minutes by myself now - but this seems to have only provoked the Snow Gods into withholding their bounty.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Elite: Dangerous, Darkest Dungeon