YouTube Reading Channel

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

miltonite

YouTube Reading Channel

Post by miltonite »

My sister is a kindergarten teacher. To help get her students reading better, and more often, she decided to start a YouTube channel. My sister and I have done some low level dramatic readings of the books. If you have kids they can follow along. We have 3 up now, with 4 more on the way soon. We plan to get more up for her classes and then start on higher reading level books. These are AR books here in LA so if that is something that your schools participate in feel free to use that too. The AR info is in the description.

Mrs. Thibodeaux's Reading Corner
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
miltonite

Re: YouTube Reading Channel

Post by miltonite »

If you do give it a listen any criticism or tips are welcome.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
stessier

Post by stessier »

I haven't listened yet, but do you have permission to read the books online? You could lose your account pretty fast to copyright strikes.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That is, unfortunately, true. It's fine for a private channel or for live readings, but making it permanently available can be a problem if the publishers decide to act on it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

stessier wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:41 am I haven't listened yet, but do you have permission to read the books online? You could lose your account pretty fast to copyright strikes.
This is my concern. My son is an excellent reader on his second or third pass of a book, his voice is dynamic and animated. He really wants to have his own YouTube channel, but when I suggested him reading stories on it could be a problem, he started crying.

He has also started writing his own books, but I expect this wouldn't be much better as he'd be using copyrighted characters.
Black Lives Matter