Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by naednek »

That was a crazy final 2 minutes. So many stopped plays

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I missed the 2nd half. Is Washington worse than I was expecting, or the Giants better than I thought?

Daniel Jones looked FAST on the play where his TD run was called back because of a holding penalty.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

msteelers wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 am I missed the 2nd half. Is Washington worse than I was expecting, or the Giants better than I thought?

Daniel Jones looked FAST on the play where his TD run was called back because of a holding penalty.
Daniel Jones had never lost to the WFT before last night, so some of it is just him having the team's number, and some of it is the WFT defense not playing particularly well at the moment.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I don't have NFL network so I watched the full game highlights on You Tube (did not know the final score). Saw every significant play with no breaks or commercials, not too shabby.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rams just did a:

It cost them a TD and the lead.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Bengals QB, Burrow, after throwing 199 passes without an interception, just threw 3 consecutive interceptions vs the Bears.

Ouch.

He then comes back and nails 2 TDs and are maybe about to take the lead.

Bears
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:21 pm Rams just did a:

It cost them a TD and the lead.
His facial expression in that GIF is the greatest ever. :lol:

Also, Tom Brady is ri-goddamned-diculous. That 5th TD throw was a thing of beauty.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:38 pm Bengals QB, Burrow, after throwing 199 passes without an interception, just threw 3 consecutive interceptions vs the Bears.

Ouch.

Bears
They held out. I still have hope they will not be as bad as the Loins.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 pm
Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:38 pm Bengals QB, Burrow, after throwing 199 passes without an interception, just threw 3 consecutive interceptions vs the Bears.

Ouch.

Bears
They held out. I still have hope they will not be as bad as the Loins.
Yeah, I enjoyed the game mostly. And I'm still even excited for the season. We aren't going to the SB, but I'm just looking forward to not turning the TV off in disgust just after halftime.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:24 pm
Yeah, I enjoyed the game mostly. And I'm still even excited for the season. We aren't going to the SB, but I'm just looking forward to not turning the TV off in disgust just after halftime.
The crazy play calling by Nagy last week smacked of desperation. QB by committee has never worked for anyone. I still can't fathom what they were thinking when they signed Dalton for $10M. They still have Foles...they didn't need another veteran to be a mentor for Fields. That money could have bought a couple of high end offensive linemen that would better effectively allow a young QB to develop at his own pace (rather than get annihilated in his first 3 games).

Nagy is probably fighting for his job this year, which sucks because he's putting way too much on an unproven QB. The Bears have never proven they could develop a QB, they will probably hire another Trestmann who will be thoroughly underwhelming. By the time Field's contract is up, he will be traded for a disgruntled (but more successful) QB or dropped in favor of a shiny new draftee. And the cycle continues, ad nauseum.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

/plugs ears
La la la lalalala la la
-I’m not listening !!-

:evil: :D
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I've adopted KC as second team. You should try it, Unagi!

It helps that I have Mahomes and Kelce on my FF team this year.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm I've adopted KC as second team. You should try it, Unagi!
:doh:
Sorry, I won't watch next week.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Jeff V wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm
The crazy play calling by Nagy last week smacked of desperation. QB by committee has never worked for anyone. I still can't fathom what they were thinking when they signed Dalton for $10M. They still have Foles...they didn't need another veteran to be a mentor for Fields. That money could have bought a couple of high end offensive linemen that would better effectively allow a young QB to develop at his own pace (rather than get annihilated in his first 3 games).

Nagy is probably fighting for his job this year, which sucks because he's putting way too much on an unproven QB. The Bears have never proven they could develop a QB, they will probably hire another Trestmann who will be thoroughly underwhelming. By the time Field's contract is up, he will be traded for a disgruntled (but more successful) QB or dropped in favor of a shiny new draftee. And the cycle continues, ad nauseum.
The Bears signed Dalton before the draft and it didn't look likely at the time that they'd be able to get a first round QB.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 am
Jeff V wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm

The Bears signed Dalton before the draft and it didn't look likely at the time that they'd be able to get a first round QB.
You can't let facts get in the way of a good JeffV rant.
Hodor.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

That Ravens/Chiefs game last night was one of the most consistently entertaining NFL games I’ve seen in a loooong time. Wow.

Given the intensity and energy levels they both played with, it felt like I was watching two blood rivals playing in the Super Bowl.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:42 pm Given the intensity and energy levels they both played with, it felt like I was watching two blood rivals playing in the Super Bowl.
I turned it off in rage after that last fumble. I had an outside chance at winning my FF match, I needed Mahomes to hook up with Kelce on another TD like the one they had earlier.

I really want to adopt KC as a third-favorite team, but damn, they make it tough sometimes and I get enough of that from The Bears.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 am The Bears signed Dalton before the draft and it didn't look likely at the time that they'd be able to get a first round QB.
But he's almost a negative improvement over Foles. I'd expect that Foles would be a little better with another year under his belt, and you can always pick up an extra journeyman QB during cut season. Dalton had a good set of weapons with Dallas last year, Prescott put up huge numbers before he got mangled. And he couldn't do squat with them. "Hey, that's our guy!" is something only The Bears would say.

As it stands, they should decide who, between Foles and Dalton, stand to be a better influence and cut the other, hopefully saving some millions in the process. They can always hire another Pickleboy as a practice squad tackling dummy.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:58 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 am The Bears signed Dalton before the draft and it didn't look likely at the time that they'd be able to get a first round QB.
But he's almost a negative improvement over Foles. I'd expect that Foles would be a little better with another year under his belt, and you can always pick up an extra journeyman QB during cut season. Dalton had a good set of weapons with Dallas last year, Prescott put up huge numbers before he got mangled. And he couldn't do squat with them. "Hey, that's our guy!" is something only The Bears would say.

As it stands, they should decide who, between Foles and Dalton, stand to be a better influence and cut the other, hopefully saving some millions in the process. They can always hire another Pickleboy as a practice squad tackling dummy.
That's all well and good, but I was just addressing your complaint that they didn't need a second veteran mentor for Fields - they didn't sign him for that purpose.

And FWIW, while I'm not fan of Dalton, I'd take him over Foles in a heartbeat. Foles was a disaster last year.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm
And FWIW, while I'm not fan of Dalton, I'd take him over Foles in a heartbeat. Foles was a disaster last year.
But Dalton is a disaster every year! Between the two of them, one was a Superbowl MVP and the other....I don't think ever sniffed the playoffs? Sign him because you've thrown in the towel for the season...fine. But you don't need him and Foles. They both occupy the same niche of being "has-been" or "never-was" QBs who will be asked to run a dynamic offense that last gave Kyle Orton the vapors. At this point, both Foles and Dalton can maybe manage an ofice capable of taking them to the next 20' attempt to not be sucky
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

The Manning MNF broadcast is MUCH better this week. I’ll watch this any week it’s an option.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Mcafee was an incredible guest. He CLEARLY bet on the Packers laying the points, and was openly cheering at the end.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm
But Dalton is a disaster every year! Between the two of them, one was a Superbowl MVP and the other....I don't think ever sniffed the playoffs? Sign him because you've thrown in the towel for the season...fine. But you don't need him and Foles. They both occupy the same niche of being "has-been" or "never-was" QBs who will be asked to run a dynamic offense that last gave Kyle Orton the vapors. At this point, both Foles and Dalton can maybe manage an ofice capable of taking them to the next 20' attempt to not be sucky
Your NFL scholarship is a bit lacking. Dalton has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times and led the Bengals to the playoffs in five consecutive years (2011-2015).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Well, if you're going to go that far back, then why not someone who had better numbers then? He ran a talented Dallas team into the ground last year. Why expect more from him with a less talented team? His performance so far this year has done nothing to suggest this was in anyway a good move.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:54 pm Well, if you're going to go that far back, then why not someone who had better numbers then?
I was directly rebutting this which called his entire career into question:
But Dalton is a disaster every year! Between the two of them, one was a Superbowl MVP and the other....I don't think ever sniffed the playoffs?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

stessier wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:54 pm Well, if you're going to go that far back, then why not someone who had better numbers then?
I was directly rebutting this which called his entire career into question:
But Dalton is a disaster every year! Between the two of them, one was a Superbowl MVP and the other....I don't think ever sniffed the playoffs?
Well, Cincinnati has been pretty invisible as a franchise. I think I last took note of them when Boomer was QB, but I admit I don't follow that division closely.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'd hate to play football against Jeff as a placekicker. Every time you line up for a kick, the goalposts are in a different place!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:54 pm Well, if you're going to go that far back, then why not someone who had better numbers then? He ran a talented Dallas team into the ground last year. Why expect more from him with a less talented team? His performance so far this year has done nothing to suggest this was in anyway a good move.
Andy Dalton was not the reason the Cowboys underachieved last year.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

THU
CAR @ TEX

SUN
IND @ TEN
ATL @ NYG
LAC @ KC
CIN @ PIT
CHI @ CLE
BAL @ DET
NO @ NE
ARI @ JAX
WAS @ BUF
NYJ @ DEN
MIA @ LV
SEA @ MIN
TB @ LAR
GB @ SF

MON
PHI @ DAL
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:06 pm CHI @ CLE
Justin Fields has been named the starter -- his coming out party. If he pulls it off, I'm instantly optimistic for The Bear's future. He's been underwhelming in opportunities so far, so I predict doom and gloom.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Browns are 7.5-point home favorites against the Bears. Cleveland is -110 to cover the spread, while Chicago is -110 to cover as the 7.5-point underdog.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

In 2013, The Bears had the most incredible come-from-behind victory against The Browns and they made it to the Superbowl that year. I would not bet on this game...the possibility exists for Field's to prove himself the next Patrick Mahomes. He needs the defense to show up (which they have talent to do so). I won't be surprised if they lose because it's the Bears and their ability to develop young quarterbacks is about non-existent. But until Fields proves himself to be a failure, I guess I should respect the prognosis that he's the shit.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Label Collins tried to bribe drug tester.

Assuming all that is true, Collins is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

OT loss in Vegas.
Comeback win (finally) vs the Chiefs.
And now the Ravens win on a last second 66(!) yard FG.

Quite a season so far. Frustrating to watch, but I'll take the win.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Baroquen wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:45 pm And now the Ravens win on a last second 66(!) yard FG.

Quite a season so far. Frustrating to watch, but I'll take the win.
I can think of ways it could feel more frustrating.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Finally a signature win by Herbert's Chargers over Mahomes. Now if the Rams can hold against Brady the 2 LA teams will beat the 2 Super Bowls teams.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I feel pretty certain the Bears would have had more than 1 net yard of passing offense yesterday if Andy Dalton had played.
Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 am I feel pretty certain the Bears would have had more than 1 net yard of passing offense yesterday if Andy Dalton had played.
I think they need to sign him to a 10 year extension. While the play calling was no help, Fields looks like someone more comfortable with the speed of amateur football.
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m currently pissed off since I feel I need to root for the Cowboys after they just got robbed of a TD.

How in the world in this era of drone cams, the cams that run the length of the field, and HD can we not get a proper angle of TD’s?! There should be one (of the dozens) camera sitting directly over the 1 yard line every time the ball is snapped within x yards of the end zone.