[tv] Lost 10-13 - spoilers

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dramatist

[tv] Lost 10-13 - spoilers

Post by Dramatist »

This show keeps getting creepier.

So many things tonight, but the big thing (that my wife guessed right at the beginning) Locke was paralized before the crash. Couldn't believe it when they showed the flashback at the end.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Koz

Post by Koz »

Gah, I totally forgot about this. Stupid baseball games. Does ABC ever repeat these things during the weekend or something?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Koz wrote:Gah, I totally forgot about this. Stupid baseball games. Does ABC ever repeat these things during the weekend or something?
Me too! I need a repeat to catch this one. :(
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

Man, I can't decide if I liked this episode or not. Locke (right now) is definitely the most interesting character, and during the scene where he was on the phone with Helan (?) and you sort of got the idea he was some delusional old man who lived in some fantasy world, I lost interest in his character in a major way. I was sure he died, and when he showed up with the dead boar and they revealed his paralysis, my interest was instantly rekindled.

One thing is for sure though, I need to get Tivo and record the entire series then watch it without the commercials. Seems like they drag out 3 episodes with filler and commercials when the story could have been done in one episode.

EDIT: and what's with Rose (black lady) and the other people that showed up to the 'funeral' that hadn't been in the previous episodes? How many people are supposedly stranded with the main characters that we know of?
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

There's supposedly 48 survivors and I think one of them wasn't on the plane to begin with. Rose has been around before, just not had much to say.

If they didn't have all those other "redshirts" who's gonna get killed off when the bodies start falling over? :)
When all is said and done, there's more said than done.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

What's with the "Administrator" from Half Life walking around the island?
Sponge

Re: [tv] Lost 10-13 - spoilers

Post by Sponge »

Dramatist wrote:This show keeps getting creepier.

So many things tonight, but the big thing (that my wife guessed right at the beginning) Locke was paralized before the crash. Couldn't believe it when they showed the flashback at the end.
Yup, this show is full of "OMG, no way!" moments. I knew Locke was going to be an intriguing character but I never expected the stuff they showed in the flashbacks of his "normal" life. A real Walter Mitty...with a twist.

Well, at least now his mysterious smile from the first episode (with people screaming and crying after the crash) makes total sense. One mystery down, 137 to go!!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Didn't Locke tell the boy that a miracle happened too in an earlier episdode, or am I just making that up?

Yeah, there is so much going on in this series. I am worried that the show will not be able to keep up the momentum. That being said, I can't wait for next weeks episode.

What I really want to know is when the title screen of the show finally appears after the first few minutes of the show does anyone else start singing the X-Files theme with their wife?
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I liked the twist with Locke, especially when his crappy boss demanded that he file his TPS reports. That was classic.

But the obvious problem the group will encounter is that I no longer think everyone wants to get off that island. Locke for one is probably going to want things to continue as they are. He's seen the beast - and then lied about it. Why?

I can totally see him trying to sabotage any attempts to escape. After all, this is his destiny.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

RunningMn9 wrote:But the obvious problem the group will encounter is that I no longer think everyone wants to get off that island. Locke for one is probably going to want things to continue as they are. He's seen the beast - and then lied about it. Why?

I can totally see him trying to sabotage any attempts to escape. After all, this is his destiny.
They kind of alluded to Kate not wanting to be found anytime soon too. This show sure does have potential. Still can't wait for the next episode.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Odin

Post by Odin »

sigh - copied from my post at CG. Dual forums is hard...

Another episode that was entertaining and cool, while still pushing the envelope on suspension of disbelief.

The whole issue with Locke defies explanation based on what we've seen so far. As mentioned above, how does someone in a wheelchair for 4 years have the musculature left to get up and walk/run off? And he doesn't tell anybody? And he tries to use a bargain-basement wheelchair to go off-roading in the Australian Outback? He'd be lucky to get one of those into an Outback Steakhouse.

The drama's great. The show's basically cool, but yeah, I need to see some delivery on the stuff they've set up pretty soon.

Sith
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Ever since the whole - engine running after the plane crashed & then blowing up from one human body - thing, I've just had to put aside any hope that this show will make sense...and yet I still have to watch it...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Sith Lord wrote:The whole issue with Locke defies explanation based on what we've seen so far. As mentioned above, how does someone in a wheelchair for 4 years have the musculature left to get up and walk/run off?
Magic. Locke makes this claim in the next episode (did you see the preview for next week?!) having seen *something* in the center of the island...
And he tries to use a bargain-basement wheelchair to go off-roading in the Australian Outback?
Because he's delusional.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Sponge wrote:
And he tries to use a bargain-basement wheelchair to go off-roading in the Australian Outback?
Because he's delusional.
Ding! Ding!

But he's a cool character though, man. I'm REALLY curious what he saw. And what IS the man in the suit about?

Cool, cool show.
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy