Say no to circumcision!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Mad Hatter

Say no to circumcision!

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Everything you ever wanted to know about circumcision but were afraid to ask.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

God, I tried hard to say no! All I could do was cry.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

Yeah, I don' remember being consulted on the matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Fortunately, they only trimmed the last six inches or so.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

<checks>

Nope, all there. Hurrah!
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

After I had mine, I couldn't walk for almost a year!
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:After I had mine, I couldn't walk for almost a year!
...or talk.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
tgb

Post by tgb »

For a while I thought about becoming a moyel. The tips are good and theres a chance to get ahead.
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

Thanks for the post. This is actually useful information - all jokes aside. Whe n my son was born I told them there was no way in hell that he was going to be circ'd. I got some pressure from the family, but to hell with that - my boy is going to have all his parts attached and working.

Take a good look at this information so if you have this decision to make you'll have an idea of what you are doing. Don't let anyone else make this decision for your kid other than you and the wife with good information.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

It should be illegal to make jokes that bad on a Sunday. Heck, it should be illegal to make jokes that bad, ever. :P

- Ash
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I want my foreskin back :cry:
martindemon

Post by martindemon »

I had very bitter and hateful feelings for the doctor who butcheted me 31 years ago but I was not Happy potter; I could not reppel the attack. This doctor is now dead so I don't think about it anymore, well except when I talk about it when the subject arises. I have searched for skin regeneration techniques but I would face several risks yet again to regain what was rightfully mine. The procedure takes a LOT of care and research to succeed, and can be completed in something like 1 year. I think I'll do it someday but not now as I have too much things in my mind to do it right.
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

Hooray for Top Hats!
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Our decsion for NoxiousPup came to this:

"Is there anything to be gained from circumcision?"

Answer: "No."

Problem solved. And for those worried about social pressure later, it's expect that the circumcision rate has dropped to 50%.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
CSL

Post by CSL »

You mean half of the males in our part of the globe have that area snipped away? THE HORROR!!!!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i made sure my son was not subjected to this outdated, unnecessary and borderline-barbaric surgery.... i can't believe this is still practiced in 'civilized' nations!
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

<snip-snip>

He got over it.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'll probably have our kid snipped as well. But I declawed my cat too, so I'm a bit of a cruel bastard.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

Snippers take note:

"With intravaginal containment of the normal penis, the male's mobile sheath is placed within the woman's vaginal sheath. It is impossible to imagine a better mechanical arrangement for non-abrasive stimulation of the male and female genitalia than this slick 'sheath within a sheath.' Circumcision destroys this one sheath within a sheath . . . I would hazard a guess, that dyspareunia [painful intercourse] is more common in the women whose husband is circumcised . . . one would be foolish to discount the circumcised male's immobile penile skin sheath as an ancillary item contributing to vaginal, abrasive discomfort . . . The male with a penis already moderately obtunded by circumcision may be less apt to use a condom, which he feels may further decrease his genital sensitivity . . . because most American males lack a facile prepuce, the period of foreplay and dalliance may be abbreviated in the rush to the intra-vaginal method of penile stimulation."

So we non-snipped guys have better sex!
- George Orwell
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

We were at a baby fair this weekend and stumbled across an anti-circumcision booth. I got loaded down with all sorts of literature that I have yet to read (gee, wonder why they focused on me instead of the mom to be). I was, though, particularly amused by the guy who wore a "Protect your little red riding hood" T-shirt.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I think it's much ado about nothing. I could have gone either way honestly, but I get suspicious when people go overboard on a topic. Like the above poster talking about the guy that butchered him 31 years ago.

I guess I just don't care.
Make up bags of change
Austin

Post by Austin »

<----------- He was snipped and he is happy.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Mine keeps growing back...I have to get it trimmed every six weeks or so...
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I'm happy that this pappy will never have to make that decision (no more kiddos for us!). Although if Nox's information is true (that there's nothing to be gained) I think that'd it'd be an easy decision for me.

I'm chopped but curious (is there an acronym for this condition appropriate for the personals?). However, there's no way I'm checking out that above link from work.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
martindemon

Post by martindemon »

RunningMn9 wrote:I think it's much ado about nothing. I could have gone either way honestly, but I get suspicious when people go overboard on a topic. Like the above poster talking about the guy that butchered him 31 years ago.

Perhaps a bit too much with the butcher thing ala Diablo but I really feel like I was handicaped. I have been feeling that way for 19 years, from the day I learned about sex and my father explained what was circumcision. He did not want me to be circumcised but the doctor did it anyway. He was really mad after him but it was too late. It is possible that the conversation transfered some of his anger into me... Anyway for now my soldier is inactive so it does not matter. :)
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

The Meal wrote:However, there's no way I'm checking out that above link from work.

~Neal
ditto.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Debris

Post by Debris »

martindemon wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote:I think it's much ado about nothing. I could have gone either way honestly, but I get suspicious when people go overboard on a topic. Like the above poster talking about the guy that butchered him 31 years ago.

Perhaps a bit too much with the butcher thing ala Diablo but I really feel like I was handicaped. I have been feeling that way for 19 years, from the day I learned about sex and my father explained what was circumcision. He did not want me to be circumcised but the doctor did it anyway. He was really mad after him but it was too late. It is possible that the conversation transfered some of his anger into me... Anyway for now my soldier is inactive so it does not matter. :)
Oh please!

Save the "handicapped" card for when you lose a leg or arm, not a flap of skin over your unit. :roll:

I'm in the circumcised and loving it camp. Every female I've been with hasn't had a problem with it and I know for a fact that my wife likes it very much. We don't have any issues with lubrication, stimulation or infection and best of all, it stays very clean. I also think it's more aesthetic since it doesn't look like a roll of shriveled lunch meat.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Cut and glad. Well, I am sure I wasn't glad the moment they did it, but I am fine now. I am glad my parents did it for me and I was happy to have it done for my son.
defy_gravity

Post by defy_gravity »

My son isn't circumcised. Not sure what is the best deal, but at least if he wants to have it done, he can have it done himself.
Long live the United States and success to the Marines!
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

I think some people have a hangup when it comes to this topic.

If you're happy being cut or uncut, whatever. Whatever works for you.

Speaking only for myself, a proud uncut from Protestant parents, I've never had any complaints from the ladies.

And please don't give me any of that crap about uncircumcised being "dirty, nasty or not clean". As long as a man takes a shower and practices proper hygiene a man isn't going to be walking around with a cheese dick. People buy into the myths that have been passed from generation to generation.

If a man doesn't have sense enough to wash his dick everyday then maybe he deserves to walk around with funk growing on it. Cut or uncut, some men just don't know when it's time to hit the shower.

Spend some time around a LAN party and some funky people that inhabit them and you'll know what I'm talking about, B.O.

They should give away free bars of soap and shampoo at LAN parties as door prizes.
Hispanicgamer

Post by Hispanicgamer »

The sad thing is that in Japan a little piece of me is buried there.
Now Playing:
MoH, Amnesia, Self
"Work to Live, Live to Play"
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Quit trying to force your morality on me.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
The Mad Hatter

Post by The Mad Hatter »

JSHAW wrote: If a man doesn't have sense enough to wash his dick everyday then maybe he deserves to walk around with funk growing on it. Cut or uncut, some men just don't know when it's time to hit the shower.

Spend some time around a LAN party and some funky people that inhabit them and you'll know what I'm talking about, B.O.

They should give away free bars of soap and shampoo at LAN parties as door prizes.
My desire to ever go to a LAN party has just hit zero.
- George Orwell
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Dan Savage of "Savage Love" has said he doesn't care. It doesn't matter.

Given, it's very ironic that I take sex advice from a gay man... but if Savage says so, then that's my opinion too.

Don't worry about your son getting snipped... get worried about him becoming a FURRY.
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

When my son was born in August, I was planning on getting him snipped. Of course, I was uninformed, as usual. I googled the subject and looked at a few sites. What I saw made me get on the fence, when before I was on one side. After talking to our doctor and realizing that there is no benefit to doing so, we decided not to circumcise him.

For those on the fence, make sure you get your info from a reputable site; there are some hardcore (as in preachy, not XXX) sites out there that are really slanted one way or another. I stumbled upon one by accident (against circumcision) and it was pretty bad.
You complete me.
words
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Too late for anybody born in the early 70's.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

martindemon wrote:Perhaps a bit too much with the butcher thing ala Diablo but I really feel like I was handicaped. I have been feeling that way for 19 years, from the day I learned about sex and my father explained what was circumcision. He did not want me to be circumcised but the doctor did it anyway. He was really mad after him but it was too late. It is possible that the conversation transfered some of his anger into me... Anyway for now my soldier is inactive so it does not matter. :)
Well, if the doctor did it against your parent's wishes, that's a different story I guess. I just read about people that get all bent out of shape at their parents and what not, and I don't get it.

I've never once contemplated getting upset about it. I've just never cared, and I don't understand why some people get to the point where they walk around with WEIGHTS attached to their junk to try to correct the procedure.

That seems like crazy talk to me.

The equipment works well enough, whether you have a sheath for your meatus oe not.
Make up bags of change
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

1. 1 in 6 circumcisions go wrong.
2. Foreskins make everything feel better.

Thus, I am angry about being cut without consent, even if it is Jewish tradition. Seeing as how I'm an athiest, I could care less what the invisible man told Jacob to do. I want to feel down there!
I urge my sister to not circumcise her baby, I yell at my parents about it now (though they're still supersticious) and I let all my friends know that CIRCUMCISION SUCKS.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Debris

Post by Debris »

Eduardo X wrote:1. 1 in 6 circumcisions go wrong.
2. Foreskins make everything feel better.

<snip> sorry no pun intended :lol:

I want to feel down there!
How would anyone know it feels better or not?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Debris wrote:How would anyone know it feels better or not?
That's a good point. One would have to experience both, no?

Although if they botch it, I suppose that's no fun.
Make up bags of change