Dark Tower - multiverse...(no spoilers pls)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraegor

Dark Tower - multiverse...(no spoilers pls)

Post by Kraegor »

I've noticed in a few separate books that the Dark Tower seems to be a recurring theme in many of King's books. I am not speaking of the actual Gunslinger books themselves.

the 2 most blatant are
Talisman
Black House

btw those 2 are an excellent series and Black House (the 2nd book) is outstanding.

Can anyone recall what other books by King have themes that touch on the Dark Tower even if only peripherally?
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Hearts in Atlantis.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

The Stand?
Riker's Beard

Post by Riker's Beard »

Insomnia
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

The Last three DT books are nice enough to bold the "tower related" books on the "Also by Stephen King" page in the front.

They are:
'Salem's Lot
The Stand
The Talisman
It
The Eyes of the Dragon
Insomnia
Rose Madder
Desperation
Hearts In Atlantis
Bag of Bones
Black House
From a Buick 8
The Regulators
Skeleton Crew (short stories)
Everything's Eventual (short stories)

Some aren't too important but I'd advise the following if you want maximum effect while reading the tower series (or not, since doing it this way more than doubles the length of an already 7 book long series which can still be enjoyed on it's own if you'd rather):
Read sometime before book four:
The Stand
Read sometime before book five:
Salem's Lot
Read sometime before the end:
It
The Talisman
Black House
Insomnia
Hearts in Atlantis
Everything's Eventual (two stories: Little Sisters of Eluria and Everything's Eventual)

The remainder are kind of interesting to find the connections, but don't add too much to the series, read them at your leisure.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

lol. no wonder everyone was always screamin WTF is King gonna finish the Dark Tower? He kept droppin hints about it in other books every year.

I rarely read any of kings books cuz i hated horror growin up. picked up Gunslinger because of the title when I was on a Louis L'Amour reading binge in high school...never even occured to me that King had mentioned the Dark Tower in other books, until I decided to give Talisman a whirl a few weeks ago.

Guess I'll have to fortify myself and delve into his more horror oriented books now :)

thx for the info!
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Kraegor wrote:lol. no wonder everyone was always screamin WTF is King gonna finish the Dark Tower?
Well yeah, that, and all those long years he took off from the series after ending book three the way that he did. :x
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.