Joking about prison rape is WRONG.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Tareeq

Joking about prison rape is WRONG.

Post by Tareeq »

But I'll make an exception for Jeremy Jaynes of Raleigh, North Carolina, soon to be Jeremy Jaynes of the Virginia Department of Corrections.

Don't drop the soap, Jeremy!
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

I don't imagine mopery is a luxury the incarcerated have, particularly the "bottom feeders" of prison society: pedophiles, rapists, and spammers.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Joking about prison rape is in bad taste, but the bar has been set very high by California's Attorney General joking about it. Now THAT was spectacularly inappropriate.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Spamming is hardly a crime worthy of prison rape jokes.
knob

Post by knob »

Dirt wrote:Spamming is hardly a crime worthy of prison rape jokes.

He certainly deserves worse. Spamming should carry the weight of death. Draw and quarter the bastard.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Jeff V

Re: Joking about prison rape is WRONG.

Post by Jeff V »

Tareeq wrote:But I'll make an exception for Jeremy Jaynes of Raleigh, North Carolina, soon to be Jeremy Jaynes of the Virginia Department of Corrections.

Don't drop the soap, Jeremy!
Heh, we talked about this at work today, and the conversation quickly wound up at prison rape.

It seems everyone has the same hopes for the future of this sleazeball.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Thos single-person holding cells look pretty spacious actually. The doubles seem to be a bit more scrunched. I hope this guy gets put in with Bubba.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

SO, the boy's in Cell Block D will get free tech support for their AOL accounts from SpammerBoy? :lol:
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Koz wrote:Thos single-person holding cells look pretty spacious actually. The doubles seem to be a bit more scrunched. I hope this guy gets put in with Bubba.
Is it wrong to also hope that Bubba has been diligently taking his penis enlargement pills? Talk about a crime coming back to haunt you in the end...
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I've often wondered:
If a man is not gay already, how could he possibly turn gay just because he's in prison? If it's lack of females available, I don't buy it. There's been times in my life where I went for years without sex (for instance the first 18 years of my life), and never turned gay because of it.

Can being raped in prison turn you gay? I doubt it. I'd think it would have the opposite effect, turning you off to he whole idea pretty strongly.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I hate to turn this all serious and everything, but rape is rarely about the sex (or so the after school specials tell me), but rather about violence and/or dominance. A rapist in prison isn't necessarily gay.
WAW

Post by WAW »

Giles Habibula wrote:I've often wondered:
If a man is not gay already, how could he possibly turn gay just because he's in prison? If it's lack of females available, I don't buy it. There's been times in my life where I went for years without sex (for instance the first 18 years of my life), and never turned gay because of it.

Can being raped in prison turn you gay? I doubt it. I'd think it would have the opposite effect, turning you off to he whole idea pretty strongly.
With your eyes closed what's the different beween man and a womans mouth? Or ass?
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Kael

Post by Kael »

WAW wrote:

With your eyes closed what's the different beween man and a womans mouth? Or ass?
Sex is more than physical stimulation. And I agree with ImLawBoy, just cause some big guy makes you give him a little of the sperm gurgle doesn't mean he is gay.

And Freezer-TPF- that was awesome. :-)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Kael wrote:
Sex is more than physical stimulation. And I agree with ImLawBoy, just cause some big guy makes you give him a little of the sperm gurgle doesn't mean he is gay.
I dunno. I think it does.
If it's all about domination or whatever, there's other ways to dominate. Why choose sex? You could just beat the shit out him instead, or verbal abuse.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Kael

Post by Kael »

Giles Habibula wrote:
Kael wrote:
If it's all about domination or whatever, there's other ways to dominate. Why choose sex? You could just beat the shit out him instead, or verbal abuse.
Just because you have sex with a few close male friends doesn't mean you're gay.... right? :shock:

Seriously forcing a guy to give you head is a lot more dominating than beating him up or verbally abusing him. You can beat a guy up all you want, it doesn't mean you have broken him. But if you get him so scared of you that he does that, thats a lot more power.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Kael wrote:
Giles Habibula wrote:
Kael wrote:
Just because you have sex with a few close male friends doesn't mean you're gay.... right? :shock:

Seriously forcing a guy to give you head is a lot more dominating than beating him up or verbally abusing him. You can beat a guy up all you want, it doesn't mean you have broken him. But if you get him so scared of you that he does that, thats a lot more power.
ehhh.Okay. Good point.
I'm just having trouble imagining someone wanting to dominate someone else so badly that he'd engage in a homosexual act in order to do so if in fact he was not homosexual.

I admit it: I've led a pretty sheltered life apparently. This kinda behavior is completely unfathomable to me.

Post by Default »

rm -rf
Last edited by Default on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
CSL

Post by CSL »

My eyes have just been ruined
Tim Burton

Post by Tim Burton »

Question, does he get to keep the money?
Spock's Brain

Post by Spock's Brain »

Rape of any sort is wrong, but the corners of my lips are turning up by the thought of spammer guy's release might be delayed because his legal reps have their information retrieval process inhibited by, erm, spam. Justice is served.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

*steps in*

There's an odd side to that. Men in prison who have lovers generally do not consider themselves homosexual, and the vast, vast majority of offenders who were sexually active in prison are 100% heterosexual once they are released.

There's a lot of factors - these are adults who are generally in the prime of life when sexual drive is high, and are usually already sexually active. They are denied everything but telephone conversations with the opposite sex, and know it is going to be that way for years or decades to come.

The biggest factor is the prison culture - it is the ultimate example of a 'pecking order' society, dominance driven, and sex is one way of creating that dominant/submissive social standing. Even some animals engage in homosexual behavior as a form of showing dominance.

When it comes right down to it, the culture already exists. A new offender is simply dumped into the middle of it. If he can make the right friends, he will be under pressure to show his dominance, just like the rest. If he doesn't make any friends at all, and isn't of sufficient stature to defend himself, or worse - if he looks feminine (long hair, fine features, pale skin, etc) - he may become a community whore, not given much choice. As a defense against that, he may choose to be someone's bitch - accepting a willing, monogamous relationship with one person (generally somone who 'has friends') rather than being abused by everyone. They accept a woman's role rather than be subjected to that.

As I said earlier, once they get out of prison, they (both the sugar daddies and the bitches) tend to be perfectly straight, and would never consider touching another man. They are just surviving in an alien culture.

Go tour a prison, if you can arrange it. You won't see any prison sex (which is illegal), but you will see men who are wearing their hair long with cleanly shaved faces, chests, and legs.

The fact of the matter is that there is a seperate society, a seperate culture within a prison. When a person is dropped into the middle of that culture, they are forced to become a part of it from one side or the other. Even the biggest, burliest guy who just wants to be left alone can be held down and beaten by a dozen men with a lock-in-a-sock.

Of course, the officers try to prevent just that. Housing assignments are made accordingly - you put the thin, long haired fellow in a cell with a guy you know isn't likely to rape him. Still, in the prison I worked in, it was one officer for every 108 offenders. You can't watch all of them, all of the time.

The truth is that actual (literal) rape is exceedingly rare. Most of the time, the would-be victims are told what is going on by someone and realize that they have a choice to make. They either get friends or accept their situation. It rarely actually gets to the point that someone is held down and raped. Actual rape leads to criminal investigations, with DNA testing and a very limited group of suspects, and the penalties for raping someone in prison are the same for raping someone on the streets. Most people don't want their 15-year sentence getting extended to 30.

For those that are about to pipe up with "I'd rather die" - it is a fine thing to say, but when it comes to a choice between a bit of anal sex and rotting in a grave, most people are willing to compromise. For those that aren't, prison makes it very, very difficult to kill yourself. Everything is a solid object (the beds, for instance, are generally half-inch steel plating welded to the wall), and finding something to hang yourself with or slit your wrists is nearly impossible. Add to that the fact that new arrivals will be watched very, very closely for just that reason.

Now, tell me how giving someone cable who is living in that environment makes it not a punishment?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Well Blackhawk if I wasn't depressed before, I am now.
I still can't fathom the 'predator' nature of these folks or why they feel it needs to be this way. But I understand that's the way it is and will continue to keep my distance.

No way I could even work there. I cannot imagine...