Books

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Reemul

Books

Post by Reemul »

Hi All,

For the last 17 years i have been buying and collecting books. Mostly buying books to read rather than just to collect.

Now i have just over 6000 of them, 99% are in excellent condition. It has now got to the stagfe where i have so many i have decided to sell them. I will keep my all time favs which is about 300 odd.

How should i sell them?

Would it be worth trying book sellers and shifting the lot in one go or even putting them on ebay(which i have never used) or try to sell them in smaller groups.

This is obviously a big decision for me as but it is something i have been comfortable with but trying to sell them might actually be difficult.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Regards

Iain
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Unless any of your books are rare, be prepared to not get much for them. In my experience, used books get from 1/10 to 1/4 of cover price. The 1/4 was at a specialty store (Uncle Hugo's and Uncle Edgar's - the specialize in fsf and mystery, respectively). The 1/10th cover price is what I mostly got selling books I used in college.

Most cities have used book stores of various types that will buy your books.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I`m from the UK generally books cost say £6 new and £3 second with the book shops giving a quater return say £1.50.

I have about 200 1st editions that are worth £10 each minimum as well.

Even £1.50 + 1st editions should generate 5k or more hopefully. I`m not really selling them for the money but obviously not going to give them away for sweet FA, i`d rather give them away to family and friends than sell them for very little.
U2k Da Greate$t

Post by U2k Da Greate$t »

You Dont need books All you need is the Bilbe and God.
"Possible All things IS if you Believe"