What are you listening to right now?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

KKBlue

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by KKBlue »

Holman wrote:Billy Bragg.
Wow, haven't thought about him in a long time. Just typed his name into Pandora and listening :)
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Listening to a music/dance show (ASAP 19) on The Filipino Channel where they do covers of pop songs, generally better than the original artists. Baby is transfixed by the dancing though.
Black Lives Matter
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Wanting to relive RockBand, I typed in 90's music on Pandora. Lovin' Green Day, Longview.

Yuck, moving into Spin Doctors, Two Princes. BUT have to say it sends me to Mudstock '97 and my girlfriend saying to me, "If I fall in the mud to fucking Spin Doctors, someone is gonna die!"

Which of course ties into Green Day playing at that venue and not knowing about them at the time. Few regrets but no being around at the other stage (literally a days walk [maybe not an honest day but man oh man... it was a day's walk]) to see the band preform.

Since you are the only one who is listening right now, got Eve 6 playing, one of my faves to sing on RockBand...
"I would swallow my pride,
I would choke on the rhymes,
but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside.
I would swallow my doubt,
turn it inside out,
find nothing but faith in nothing."

Very odd to sing/dictate into the post, ha! I'll take what I can get!
Last edited by KKBlue on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

KKBlue wrote:Yuck, moving into Spin Doctors, Two Princes. BUT have to say it sends me to Mudstock '97 and my girlfriend saying to me, "If I fall in the mud to fucking Spin Doctors, someone is gonna die!"
I know it's popular to be down on the Spin Doctors, but Pocket Full of Kryptonite really is a great album. I saw them play in 1992 during a college show (it was a first date) and the bassist actually stopped playing during Two Princes and yelled at all the guys that created a most pit in front of the stage. He told them all to find a girl and just dance. It was pretty cool.

Random Trivia -- like myself Fretmute is a mutli-platinum Rock Band artiste, however of the hundreds of songs I've seen him play, the drums for Two Princes had him stumped. Stumped!
Last edited by Smoove_B on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Smoove_B wrote:Random Trivia -- like myself Fretmute is a mutli-platinum Rock Band artiste, however of the hundreds of songs I've seen him play, the drums for Two Princes had him stumped. Stumped!
THROW DOWN!!!
Out of respect of course.
You have gotta see telca on drums.
We got that man the pro set, like with cymbals and shit!
Enlarge Image

Checking out your link now, thanks for adding it :D
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

ARISE! Witness me as I do household chores while listening to the Mad Max Fury Road soundtrack on my new Sonos 1 speakers.

WE ARE NOT THINGS! I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA! WITNESS ME! AAAAAAAARRRGGGHH (begins vacuuming)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Real Life (Evolution II) by The Cinematic Orchestra from my Electro Swing station on Pandora.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The new Mechina album, Progenitor (streaming here) is a cross between death metal and the Mass Effect soundtrack. Blast beat drums, scorching guitar riffs, full orchestral hits, and ghostly vocals. It's the latest in a huge multi-album story arc about...well...I'll just let them explain:
The two global powers on Earth, the UNI and IGC, are at war. Fearing that these two powers will destroy the world, a small group of people build a giant terraforming spaceship to flee the Earth and find a new home. It is the first Titan, named Anicetus. One of the travelers, Andara, leaves a farewell message to anyone on Earth who may be listening then enters cryosleep with the rest of the crew. Anicetus' A.I. aims towards Alpha Centauri and begins the long journey.
The whole concept is very cool, and I really dig their brand of "sci-fi metal". The last album, "Acheron" was one of my favorites from 2015, and Progenitor is a great follow-up.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Avett brothers station on Amazon Prime music.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate - doing this one for the Rolling Stone Top 500 challenge.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Smoke Fairies Wild Winter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Imaginary Worlds podcast. and my coworkers Dave Mathews music that my headphones don't quite block out.
Isgrimnur

What are you listening to right now?

Post by Isgrimnur »

Archinerd wrote:Imaginary Worlds podcast. and my coworkers Dave Mathews music that my headphones don't quite block out.
You pay for what you get.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

In the office, mix of mostly innocuous tracks to protect client sensibilities.

previous: "Hurricane Eye", Paul Simon
now: "Best Friends", Amy Winehouse
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Dinu Lipatti - "O Herr Bleibet Meine Freunde, BWV 147"

fantastic surprise
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Trying on Brian Wilson's Smile. Not sure if I'm in like with it. :|

Edit to add:
Finished and most likely will not listen to again. I remember seeing in the movie Love & Mercy the countless tracks of Vegetables. Know it's an album which has taken decades to release/complete but not my cup of tea. I respect Brian Wilson and consider Pet Sounds one of the best albums.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Try this instead, kk.
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I heard about this song. I'll listen tomorrow. Thanks for the link. Nightie-night.

The next day...
(Yes! I remember this song. Nice version. Thanks for the sounds.)
Last edited by KKBlue on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Scrobbling at last.fm
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Archinerd wrote:Imaginary Worlds podcast. and my coworkers Dave Mathews music that my headphones don't quite block out.
You pay for what you get.
Clever. :)
Being able to hear my co-workers music is by design though. If I can here that, I'll be able to hear my boss too.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Scrobbling at last.fm
nasai

Post by nasai »

Weird. Funny. Awesome.

Twelve Foot Ninja - One Hand Killing. Skip to HERE if you want to bypass the 'silly intro.'
Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

91 Reasons podcast - Defending George Lucas

Excellent show - Jeff Tucker is basically a child of the 80s who does in-depth movie reviews, stories of his life growing up in the 80s, trip reports from various geek cons, and commentary on pop culture geek things. He does 1-2 shows a week and you never really know what it's going to be about until he publishes it. Out of the 30 some podcasts I listen to, it's one of the only ones I support on Patreon because I love it so much.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

YellowKing wrote:91 Reasons podcast - Defending George Lucas

Excellent show - Jeff Tucker is basically a child of the 80s who does in-depth movie reviews, stories of his life growing up in the 80s, trip reports from various geek cons, and commentary on pop culture geek things. He does 1-2 shows a week and you never really know what it's going to be about until he publishes it. Out of the 30 some podcasts I listen to, it's one of the only ones I support on Patreon because I love it so much.
Thanks. I decided to dump a few podcasts I wasn't enjoying, I'll see if this will plug the gaping hole of loneliness and despair I am left with.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Enlarge Image

The Sword - High Country

After their last two albums didn't meet the high expectations their first two releases set for me, I'd kind of written them off. But so far I'm really enjoying this one, especially Empty Temples. It may be time for me to revisit Warp Riders and Apocryphon to see if I can get into them.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Obsequiae - Aria of Vernal Tombs. A great slice of pagan folk metal and one of the best albums of 2015.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Sudy Nym wrote:After their last two albums didn't meet the high expectations their first two releases set for me, I'd kind of written them off.
Holy crap, Apocryphon is awesome! How did it not grab me the first time? I now blame only Warp Riders for my disinterest in this epic band.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
PLW

Post by PLW »

The top 50 podcasts of 2015, according to the Timbre.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Scrobbling at last.fm
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In the mood for something that's not quite as repetitive as my usual Pandora stations, I decided to throw it over to their Psychobilly station.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

White noise. There aren't many people in the office today (there was a little bit of snow on the ground so everyone bails) so it's really obvious today.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Final Fantasy XIV soundtrack.

I've spent nearly 1,000 hours with this game, and still enjoy listening to the music.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Me and Sarah Jane by Genesis, immediately followed by Marionette by Mott the Hoople.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Megadeth - Dystopia

Probably one of their best's in a long time. Add a new guitarist, a new drummer, and mix that
with Mustaine and Ellefson and it's pretty damn good.
Last edited by JSHAW on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory (for the Rolling Stone Top 500 Challenge). Definitely one of the rare albums on the list I *don't* mind listening to. :D

Post by Default »

Link Wray and Albert King, not together , lol.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

JSHAW wrote:Image

Megadeth - Dystopia

Probably one of their best's in a long time. Add a new guitarist, a new drummer, and mix that
It is a good album.

Too bad they still play the same set live, as they have for years now.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Xmann wrote:

Megadeth - Dystopia

It is a good album.

I gotta call bs on this.

How can the band play the same set list when as in this year, with the release of Dystopia,
new songs from this get added to their set list?

Any new material from Dystopia, added to their set list automatically makes that a NEW
and DIFFERENT set list than from previous years when Dystopia hadn't even been created.

There's no way a band like Megadeth, and with a leader like Dave Mustaine, is gonna give the
fans the same set list year after year after year, with no new songs from new material they've
released over the years. No way jose...

With as much material as Megadeth has to choose from I wouldn't be suprised if at least 1-3 new
songs, maybe more get in their 2016 set list, but there's no way you can tell me they will play
the same exact set list from years before, and NOT play any tracks from Dystopia. The proof is already
on youtube. Their current shows in the U.S show the new track(s) they've been playing live, and filmed by concert goers.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

JSHAW wrote:
Xmann wrote:

Megadeth - Dystopia

It is a good album.

I gotta call bs on this.

How can the band play the same set list when as in this year, with the release of Dystopia,
new songs from this get added to their set list?

Any new material from Dystopia, added to their set list automatically makes that a NEW
and DIFFERENT set list than from previous years when Dystopia hadn't even been created.

There's no way a band like Megadeth, and with a leader like Dave Mustaine, is gonna give the
fans the same set list year after year after year, with no new songs from new material they've
released over the years. No way jose...

With as much material as Megadeth has to choose from I wouldn't be suprised if at least 1-3 new
songs, maybe more get in their 2016 set list, but there's no way you can tell me they will play
the same exact set list from years before, and NOT play any tracks from Dystopia. The proof is already
on youtube. Their current shows in the U.S show the new track(s) they've been playing live, and filmed by concert goers.
Looks like they've been playing pretty much the exact same setlist since mid-2014, at least according to this site.