My balls hurt.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: My balls hurt.

Post by LawBeefaroni »

coopasonic wrote: It's a reaction I totally did not expect. She keeps saying "what if we want another one someday?" I don't think she believes I'm serious when I say "not with me, you won't." We have two kids, as we agreed to a long time ago. I'll be 55 when the second kid heads off to college (fingers crossed). I'm paying almost $2k per month for daycare for 2 kids. We aren't having any more!!!
Isn't this why men carry blue-tooth and wifi enabled cell phones in their pocket?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
coopasonic wrote: It's a reaction I totally did not expect. She keeps saying "what if we want another one someday?" I don't think she believes I'm serious when I say "not with me, you won't." We have two kids, as we agreed to a long time ago. I'll be 55 when the second kid heads off to college (fingers crossed). I'm paying almost $2k per month for daycare for 2 kids. We aren't having any more!!!
Isn't this why men carry blue-tooth and wifi enabled cell phones in their pocket?
Based on the 2 kids I have already, that plan is ineffective.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

coopasonic wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:
Based on the 2 kids I have already, that plan is ineffective.
Try using Sony battery.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote:I'm paying almost $2k per month for daycare for 2 kids.
Ho-lee-shit. :shock: :shock:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skinypupy wrote:
coopasonic wrote:I'm paying almost $2k per month for daycare for 2 kids.
Ho-lee-shit. :shock: :shock:
If I took care of three kids, at that rate, I'd be making more money than I do as a programmer.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Er, well to-do people pay more, usually for more, that's about it. While my kids attend something called day care (they don't actually, but if they did) and Coop's kids attend something called day care, the chances of the two things we call day care being of the same quality, quantity and with the same features is practically nil.

And let's not confuse fees with salary. That 2k goes to all sorts of things that don't translate directly into salary. Sure with 3 kids you'd be making more money than at your current job, if you didn't ever feed the kids, wipe their noses, change their diapers or any of the myriad of things kids need to be well taken care of.

I get that no one is taking this too seriously or going nuts, but I just wanted to make a few comments anyway.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote:I get that no one is taking this too seriously or going nuts, but I just wanted to make a few comments anyway.
:twisted:

I exaggerated, it was only $1796 for December and as GreenGoo pointed out it is a full service daycare, with meals, snacks, diapers, activities including computer class, spanish class, art class, etc. It's also available to me 5 days a week from 7am to 6:30pm. Luckily I only have 22 months of 2 kids in fulltime daycare, then the oldest one goes to free daycare... err... I mean public school.

Anyhow, my wife doesn't want me to get the snip and I never thought that would be the case.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:I get that no one is taking this too seriously or going nuts, but I just wanted to make a few comments anyway.
:twisted:
Heh, Freud can suck it.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We have two kids now, and have regularly said that we're probably done. Certainly, we're done for now. Our house is too small for 3 kids, and will soon be too small for 4 people (3 women & me sharing 1.5 baths...I'll have to build me an outhouse). Laura wants to finally finish her degree and that's going to take 2.5 years. We won't want her to get pregnant during that time. If we have another kid then, I'll be about 60 when #3 graduates college. Time and circumstances are just coming together to say "You're Done!".

Additionally, Laura's been dealing with some medical issues that have her on meds that are suspected to cause birth defects. She's on the pill, but 99.9% is pretty scary if 1/1000 means 9 months of being stressed out about defects. Those hormone pills may also be contributing to her condition (they're certainly not helping).

I tossed the "snip-snip" idea out to her just as a passing thought...and the woman who looked me in the eyes a year ago and said, "NO MORE!" went white as a ghost. Turns out, she liked ribbing me about a vasectomy more than the likes the idea of actually going through with it.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

RISE, THREAD!

Planning to have this done...soon. Any snips, I mean tips from those who have gone before? (other than the bags of frozen pee, which STILL sounds like a weird thing, but whatever works)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Essure is the big thing now. Female tubal ligation.

MYT
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Essure is the big thing now. Female tubal ligation.
Nice marketing campaign. Though if it actually does work that well, I guess I can forgive them a few photos of pensive-looking models holding flowers.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Planning to have this done...soon. Any snips, I mean tips from those who have gone before? (other than the bags of frozen pee, which STILL sounds like a weird thing, but whatever works)
Uhh...I think you might have misheard. :shock:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

silverjon wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:Essure is the big thing now. Female tubal ligation.
Nice marketing campaign. Though if it actually does work that well, I guess I can forgive them a few photos of pensive-looking models holding flowers.
You should see doctors' offices. As far as I can tell, they pay to put in 40"+ screens that rotate Essure/NovaSure ads.

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Do I have to see my regular doc to have him order this, or can I go straight to the snipper somehow?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stimpy wrote:Do I have to see my regular doc to have him order this, or can I go straight to the snipper somehow?
You can go right in but you it's advisable to see your regular doctor first. Also, I imagine if you want to try to get insurance to pay for it, you will have to go to your PCP.

Unless you're talking about Essure. In that case, you do not want to go in for that, being a man.

MYT
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

For a vasectomy: it depends on your insurance. If you have an HMO, you'll need your PCP to give you a refferal. If you have a POS (point of service) plan, you can make an appointment directly with the urologist who will perform the surgery. Before you show up, talk to the person who does the billing and let them know what insurance you have and ask them to make sure you don't need a refferal. Even if you know you're going to need a refferal, call that department and make sure they have it before you show up.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Heh, fairly timely thread necromancy... I had this done 2 months ago.

Considering what my wife went through with our 2 children (~18 months spent pregnant, the frequent blood tests, doctor visits, to say nothing of going through labor twice) I figured a brief in-office procedure and a few days discomfort was the least I could do.

It took about 30 minutes. The only really bad part, by far, was the 3 injections of local anesthesia. The slight pinprick of each shot wasn't bad, but it's the medicine going in that's killer. After the medicine kicked in it just felt like I was wearing a pair of jeans and he was picking/scratching at me through them.

Sadly I have to say I tensed/clenched up a lot during the injections and never really eased up. Later that night, after being on ice packs and off my feet for about 5 hours, the pain "down there" was minor but my back was killing me.

The next morning I didn't feel much discomfort at all until I went to take a shower and took off the atheletic supporter I was asked to wear for a week. Then gravity took hold and there was a notable achy sort of pain. I took a very quick shower and put the supporter back on ASAP. Felt pretty much the same way the next day but on the 3rd day was fine. The only real discomfort was from wearing the supporter (I'm a boxer guy) and a frequent desire to adjust things down there. I could only take the supporter for 4 days.

Had my first post-procedure exam last week and apparently there were a very few non-mobile sperm in the sample. So I go back for another test in 2 weeks. My urologist insists on 2 consecutive clear samples, taken 2 weeks apart, before declaring me sterile.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

...and yet again I log in to find my balls on the front page.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's getting to the point that I think we almost need a members only sub forum for this topic.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

How many days until you're able to get to work? I figure marathon gaming sessions can ease the pain while you're out of office, but that medicine only works when you're at home.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Zarathud wrote:How many days until you're able to get to work? I figure marathon gaming sessions can ease the pain while you're out of office, but that medicine only works when you're at home.
i think I laid on the couch for 2-3 days and milked every minute of sympathy service I could out of it.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I was thinking I would have The Big Snip on a Friday and be back to work on Monday. Anyone who has had it think that's not doable?
Odin

Post by Odin »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I was thinking I would have The Big Snip on a Friday and be back to work on Monday. Anyone who has had it think that's not doable?
Pretty sure that's how I did it.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I was thinking I would have The Big Snip on a Friday and be back to work on Monday. Anyone who has had it think that's not doable?
That's exactly how I did it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Why, why, would you want to go back to work? If you have sick leave, get the damn operation on Monday, then take at least Tues & Wed off. Thursday too, if you're feeling cheeky.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Bakhtosh wrote:Why, why, would you want to go back to work? If you have sick leave, get the damn operation on Monday, then take at least Tues & Wed off. Thursday too, if you're feeling ballsy.
mortoned
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

My urologist specifically does vasectomies on Fridays only so people are less tempted to try and go back to work right away. I had mine and was home by 3pm Friday. That night (after 5 hours on my back with ice packs, roughly 5 minutes on / 5 minutes off) I was feeling fine enough to walk around, get a bite to eat, etc. Saturday I took it easy, mostly lazing around but not in any real discomfort (besides my aforementioned shower). Sunday I felt fine, Monday I went to work... although I'm only working part/flextime these days in an office. No heavy lifting required :P
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Yuck!
Who would want to go back to work when you have an iron-clad excuse to avoid it? Tell your boss you're getting your nutsack cut into and having the sperm tubes cauterized. He'll tell you to take as much time as you need.

Workaholics sicken me.
One of the most sure signs of insanity is believing that your job is truly important.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

I'm hardly a workaholic. I work anywhere from 2-4 hours a day at a desk. 3 days after the procedure I was feeling absolutely fine, and would have felt silly not getting paid a day (I don't have paid sick days) for a "condition" that wasn't a hindrance at all.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Bakhtosh wrote:Why, why, would you want to go back to work? If you have sick leave, get the damn operation on Monday, then take at least Tues & Wed off. Thursday too, if you're feeling cheeky.
Because I just took 3.5 weeks off at one time in June, and am getting ready to take an insane amount for unstated paternity leave coming up in Oct. My boss could care less if I take it on Fri or Mon, whether I am out for a week or not at all, but since more than half my income is based on commission, it behooves me to be working (if I want to make money at least).
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Bakhtosh wrote:Why, why, would you want to go back to work? If you have sick leave, get the damn operation on Monday, then take at least Tues & Wed off. Thursday too, if you're feeling cheeky.
I DID qualify this with a sick leave restriction.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Heck, I was thinking about how long I could milk out a marathon gaming session. Sitting on the couch = kids jumping all the daddy jungle gym = double plus ungood. Same thing for lying in bed. So that leaves my safest location being in front of the computer, which would be perfect.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Odin

Post by Odin »

Zarathud wrote:Heck, I was thinking about how long I could milk out a marathon gaming session. Sitting on the couch = kids jumping all the daddy jungle gym = double plus ungood. Same thing for lying in bed. So that leaves my safest location being in front of the computer, which would be perfect.
My kids were all warned, "DON'T TOUCH DADDY!!" It seemed to work okay to my recollection.
godhugh
Forum Admin

My balls hurt.

Post by godhugh »

Sooooo...going to be getting one of these procedures soon. Anyone from north Dallas have a urologist recommendation?
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What is it about this time of year and Overlord balls? Every time this thread is bumped, I re-read the entire thing. I think it's the palm flower crystal of the forum.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

godhugh wrote:Sooooo...going to be getting one of these procedures soon. Anyone from north Dallas have a urologist recommendation?
You should have waited 7 days, the bump date is Dec 7th. Now we have to keep it on the front page for 7 days. I am not getting the snip anytime soon but good luck to all of you getting it done this year.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

godhugh wrote:Sooooo...going to be getting one of these procedures soon. Anyone from north Dallas have a urologist recommendation?
I have a consultation for the procedure with a doc in Plano next week. I guess it will be a little while before I can give you any feedback. It was a referral from my PCP.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Smoove_B wrote:What is it about this time of year and Overlord balls?
Mine was in a December also. Had to do with meeting my deductible and then waiting as long as I could before getting it done.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter