[Fantasy Football]Who to start?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

WPD

[Fantasy Football]Who to start?

Post by WPD »

The eternal question....who should I start?

Running back I have 3 options:
Fred Taylor vs KC
Clinton Portis vs CHI
Chris Brown vs Houston

QB I have 2:
Matt Hasselback vs NE
Byron Leftwich vs KC

Currently I'm leaning towards Taylor and Brown for RB and Leftwich, because Portis has yet to have a good point output since...ever and Leftwich has been solid and facing KC while Hasselback is facing NE.

Thanks
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I would definitely start Taylor and Brown. The QB situation is a bit harder. The Patriots "D" hasn't been as good as last year, but KC's D has been just as bad as last year. The only problem with starting Leftwich is that you will then have both Taylor and Leftwich. If one scores a TD, it takes away from the other. Of course, if you think it's going to be a shootout that might not be such a big deal.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Brown and Taylor.

Brown is hot right now and going up against a defense that averages 131 rushing yards allowed per game (25th in the NFL).

Taylor is *not* hot (averaging only 70 yds per game and he's losing goal line carries) but he's a better option than Portis this week, IMHO. KC is giving up 132 yards per game on the ground (26th in the NFL) and has given up 4 TDs. Chicago, OTOH, is ranked 19th and has only given up 1 rushing TD.

As for QB, I'd go with Leftwich for sure. NE at home?...forget about it!! :wink:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

plus Urlacher is back...
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I wouldn't pick both the RB and QB against KC, since it's unlikely both will have big games.

Of course, KC's defense is so leaky that maybe I'll be wrong... :evil:
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I'm starting Leftwich against KC. Mostly because I have Michael "Teh Suck" Vick as my "#1" QB. Going against KC there is always shootout potential, which is never a bad thing.

I have Portis as well, and obviously he's been a huge dissapointment. I am starting my other two RBs until he has a big game.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Exodor wrote:I wouldn't pick both the RB and QB against KC, since it's unlikely both will have big games.

Of course, KC's defense is so leaky that maybe I'll be wrong... :evil:
That's my thinking. With the QB and RB he practically has a monopoly on the scoring and KC gives up plenty of points. But then again, anything can happen in FF! :roll:
Discalced

Post by Discalced »

Eventually Portis is going to come alive. I'd go with him.
WPD

Post by WPD »

Discalced wrote:Eventually Portis is going to come alive. I'd go with him.
Eventually he will, but I'd rather wait until he comes alive with him on my bench then wait until he comes alive with him starting.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

What do you guys think about sitting Warrick Dunn against San Diego? I also have Rudi Johnson and Bryan Westbrook, who are going up against a couple of defenses that are much easier on the run.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Go with Westbrook, definitely.

I'm taking Keary Colbert over Rod Smith for the first week as my 3rd reciever. I mean, I've got Randy Moss and Andre Johnson as my other two, so I'm cool, but Colbert is definitely an upgrade, IMO.

Here's my quandary:

I have Corey Dillon and Stephen Davis. They're both listed as questionable, and while Dillon is ready to go, I think, he's up against Seattle. HOWEVER, I have Reuben Droughns sitting on my bench after a timely pickup last week. Do I start Droughns and bench one of them? The Denver RB situation is so screwed up, I don't know if Mike Shanahan might break free this week and rush for 100 yards, so Droughns doesn't really seem reliable, but he's probably going to get goal-line carries. I'm torn.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

against seattle, I'd sit a hurt dillon and start droughns. The thought is he will get the majority of carries, and he's healthy.

just my thought...
Blackadar

Post by Blackadar »

Taylor and Portis, on a hunch. Leftwich because it's KC.

-------------------------
With Foster out, go with Davis. Carolina doesn't hardly have any other RBs.

-------------------------

Rudi Johson over Westbrook and Dunn. Dunn's too unpredictable.

--------------------------
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

ok, maybe dillon wouldn't have been a bad start after all... :oops:
WPD

Post by WPD »

Well...Leftwich and Tayor worked out, Brown not so much.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

OK, depending on your scoring system, Droughns might have put up more points than Dillon, so I don't feel embarassed anymore :)

Sitting Dunn was definitely the right thing to do. Westbrook and Johnson didn't get me a ton of points, but that's why I have Culpepper :)