Ever Shown Up to Work When You Weren't Supposed To?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Asharak

Ever Shown Up to Work When You Weren't Supposed To?

Post by Asharak »

I just did.

I was all resigned to the fact that I was working on a Friday night, even going so far as to tell the GGNers that tonight's sim would be uploaded later than usual. I got dressed, bought the coffee, got all the way to the office - at which point the boss looked at me and said "You're not working tonight, Brian".

Oink?

So now I'm back, with a coffee and snack that I don't need, absolutely no clue what do with my suddenly-free Friday evening (aside from run the aforementioned GGNL sim on time, for once - you're welcome, Meal ;)), and generally feeling rather befuddled about the whole arrangement.

So, two questions: (1) am I alone in this feat of monumental dopiness, and (2) what should I do tonight?

- Ash
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

1) Yes.
2) Dwell on the fact that you are utterly alone in this aspect.

:wink:
wire

Post by wire »

I'll forgive you if you make sure the 'topes get Depalma.
Discalced

Post by Discalced »

I tend to have the opposite problem: not showing up when I am supposed to work.

And - as for your evening - Image
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Print out and color as appropriate, Ash. ;)

Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Speaking of Depalma...Pensacola is officially pulling out of the bidding.

My last bid of $15+ mil was beaten, and I'm not prepared to go any higher than that. :(
CSL

Post by CSL »

Yes, yes I have
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I was leaning more towards watching Monty Python, Discalced, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. ;)

Why, thank you, Gromit. But are you sure you couldn't put some colour in that version for me? I mean, do we really want to trust me with a task as complicated as drawing?

- Ash
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Haven't made it to the point of getting to work, but I've definitely awaken on a Saturday morning in a panic because the alarm clock I didn't set failed to wake me up. I think the farthest I've gone is mid-way through a quick shower before realizing I was pissing away valuable sleep time.
Black Lives Matter
wire

Post by wire »

Gromit wrote:Speaking of Depalma...Pensacola is officially pulling out of the bidding.

My last bid of $15+ mil was beaten, and I'm not prepared to go any higher than that. :(
Hmm...when I downloaded last night it showed you as the top bidder after I had retaken it with $15,500,000 previously.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

:D
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Really, wire?

I thought I lost the high bid. Oh well, I just tipped my hand. Have at him. :)
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

I work at home, so I guess I'm always at work. Except when I go out to the office... to pick up more work to do at home.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Oh, yeah. My worst was a job where we had 3 shifts working 24/7. THe problem was, the shifts rotated. 1 week on day, 1 week on swing, 1 week on graveyard. Rinse and repeast for 10 months.

I think I showed up for the wrong shift at least 4 times. Of course, the fact that I was massively sleep deprived because my body couldn't adapt to changing my freaking sleep schedule every damned week might have had something to do with it.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Oh crap, it's going to be on time?

TO THE EXPORT BUTTON!

If Salazar doesn't sign soon I think I'm going to withdraw my offer just to piss him off. And thanks for signing Brawn (even though I think he's one of those restricted ones) because he's stopped sending me hate mail.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

No, never done this.
wire

Post by wire »

The closest I've come to doing this is waking up on a saturday morning thinking it was Friday and getting into the shower before realizing I don't have to go to work.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Koz wrote:Oh crap, it's going to be on time?
Hmm, crap, I didn't think of that. It is/was on time (the file is uploading now), but since I actually announced that it was going to be late, I may have to redo this one. We'll see if anyone complains about not getting their offers in. If not, we'll stick with this... if they do, I'll have to re-run it.

Glad you got yours in, though, Koz. :)

- Ash
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

A do-over?

Ummm, a bit tacky don't you think? What's done is done.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I don't think I've done that, but I have showed up when nobody else had to. There was a Christmas week several years back that everybody took vacation except me. For much of the week I just showed up every day and worked alone, researching games.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Gromit wrote:A do-over?

Ummm, a bit tacky don't you think? What's done is done.
Yes, but tacky is better than f*ed up - but it may not even be necessary. Further, I won't consider it as willingly for a regular sim, but FA is a more manageable beast: since players favour offers based on predetermined preferences, and not the myriad of variables (plus luck) that affect the outcome of a game, the only changes in a re-run FA sim would be those directly affected by the offers of any teams that hadn't sent their's in before the sim was run.

But again, this is me talking theoretical (I probably shouldn't even have posted it in the first place), and it assumes that (1) people actually have a problem, (2) they say so promptly, and (3) the problems are serious enough to warrant any action. So relax. :)

- Ash
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Never, But a few times I wasn't on the schedule and didn't wanna be there I left without anyone seeing me. :twisted:
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Asharak wrote:So relax. :)
What? Me worry? :D
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Yep.

Went in on a Friday night and the Asst Manger looked at me and asked "You working tonight? You're actually off."

I looked at the schedule again and had written down the wrong date as I was actually supposed to work the following Friday. I wound up staying to work the shift and basically picked up the extra hours.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
ChaoZ

Post by ChaoZ »

Say Asharak, did you transfer out of Carleton? Or did you graduate early? Haven't seen you in a while.