Anyone seen _Team America: World Police_ yet? Impressions?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Papageno

Anyone seen _Team America: World Police_ yet? Impressions?

Post by Papageno »

Well? I'll probably go see it tomorrow.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

We're going to see it in 5 minutes.

Hah!
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

F#$% yeah, I saw it earlier this week!

My non-spoilery takes from http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1497
I saw a sneak preview this evening. I don't want to say too much, so I will just say that the concept is great and it was surprisingly well done. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. A few of the songs were just brilliant. If you like South Park humor and can handle the crude stuff along with the clever, this is a great Friday night flick. I'm trying to figure out what they cut out of the one controversial puppet sex scene -- looked rather thorough to me (and I may have even learned a few things).
WAW

Post by WAW »

America FU#K YEAH This movies a blast. The only thing that would make it better is to have some kind of buzz on. The Pussy,Dick and Asshole speech is one for the ages. America FU#K YEAH :D
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
CSL

Post by CSL »

WAW wrote:America FU#K YEAH This movies a blast. The only thing that would make it better is to have some kind of buzz on. The Pussy,Dick and Asshole speech is one for the ages. America FU#K YEAH :D
Good idea when I see this i'll down a few shots quick.
gellar

Post by gellar »

WAW wrote:America FU#K YEAH This movies a blast. The only thing that would make it better is to have some kind of buzz on. The Pussy,Dick and Asshole speech is one for the ages. America FU#K YEAH :D
Great, GREAT flick.

Highly recommended if you have any sort of sense of humour.

And remember.... "Freedom isn't free..."

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
knob

Post by knob »

No, I haven't. I'm 20 years old. I have many people tell me I look more like I'm 25. And I can buy alcohol without being carded.

Well, apparently to the woman behind the desk, I look 16 or younger. For fucks sake, I'm balder than most 40 year olds. There's no way in hell I'm 16 or less.

And the worst thing was, she was one of the most vile examples of the Homo Sapien species on the face of this planet.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Fuck Yeah!
I was really surprised at just how funny this movie was! I thought it would be good, but I was laughing HARD.
It is a really good imitation of really bad action movies, if that makes sense. Everybody should see this movie except Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck, and Michael Bay.
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Went and saw it today. I loved the song that's playing while Gary is riding the motorcycle, and the one scene involving digestive difficulties (want to keep it spoiler-free).
WAW

Post by WAW »

Papageno wrote:Went and saw it today. I loved the song that's playing while Gary is riding the motorcycle, and the one scene involving digestive difficulties (want to keep it spoiler-free).
"Boy Michael Bay really missed the mark when he made Pearl Harbor" I think I'm going to see again.America FUCK Yeah!
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

I saw this today. Pretty damn hysterical overall. The comedy of marionettes walking/fighting/kissing/dying/stumbling drunk never once got old. Big thumbs up.

My favorite part was "the signal" that indicates trouble. Holy shit, I'm laughing just picturing it. We need an animated .gif of that RIGHT NOW.

My other favorite part was the very end of the brilliant "montage" song.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

If mort likes it, maybe I will go see it.

(Not kidding there, by the way, if anyone was wondering)

- Ash
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I was almost in tears during every hand-to-hand fight scene and when they "released the panthers." And the montage was my favorite song. Even Rocky had a montage!

I hope everyone stayed through the credits for a bonus Alec Baldwin song by Kim Jong Il.
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Damn, I knew I was going to miss something if I didn't stay. :x But my brother (who's one of those people you have to drag to a movie theater kicking and screaming) got up and wanted to leave as soon as the credits rolled.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Well, if it helps, the bonus song is not nearly as good as the ones in the film (maybe that's why they stuck it over the end of the credits).
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

on the balance scale, it tips towards a NO.

There were a lot of funny parts that had me laughing out loud but for me the movie was pretty mean spirited and I just couldn't get over that.
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

I don't know if it was mean-spirited but I did think it was bordering on nihilistic. I'm torn between liking the chance to laugh at the state of the world (which I do find therapeutic) and squirming a bit at those images of marionettes in cities all around the world getting blown to kingdom come.
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

Overall I thought it was very entertaining. The songs were the best part of it for me. I laughed at quite a bit of it, but it just wasn't their best work IMHO. But making fun of the actors and Michael Bay was brilliant.

Matt Damon.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Don't expect numerous fall-out-of-your-seat laughing moments. I enjoyed it but was not blown away by the sheer knee-slapping obscenity as I was for South Park's movie.

Kim Jong Il was a better villain than Saddam, for what that's worth. I'm so ronery.
raydude

Post by raydude »

The other bonus song during the credits was "Only a Woman". Great line: "Only a woman, can touch me there."

Also, don't know if anyone else caught it, but during the Panama Canal scene the locals were saying "No me gusta!!!" Cracked me up.