At what point do you give up?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

At what point do you give up?

Post by LordMortis »

Because they gave up on Giant Stadium (Why would take him all the way back to the East Coast?) and the Zilwaukee bridge, I guess...

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article? ... /605220414

Do you suppose the coordination of almost 60 federal field agents for a week is worth the effort to exhume a 30 years gone corpse?

Can you imagine owning that property set would suck? "We have a warrant. Pardon us and our fleet of backhoes. Trust us this will all be cosmetic."

Anyhoo, I swear Hoffa was somewhere in the trunk of my old Torino.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You give up when you no longer need to distract people.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

It's ridiculous. He was chopped up at Satriale's immediately after being killed.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
Debris

Post by Debris »

Who effin' cares!

Man, I'm pissy this morning.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

i dont understand the point. are they going to prosecute the corpse?
Isgrimnur

Re: At what point do you give up?

Post by Isgrimnur »

Show me Roseville!
The FBI and local police in Michigan plan to take soil samples from the backyard of a house in the Detroit suburb of Roseville on Friday, acting on a dying man's tip that the body of former Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa might be buried there.
NBC station WDIV-TV of Detroit reported that an unidentified man who is dying from cancer told Roseville police that he saw men moving a black bag at the garage of the house just hours after Hoffa went missing. Acting on the tip, authorities ran radar tests last week that picked up an image of something buried beneath a cement slab in the backyard.

Roseville Police Chief James Berlin confirmed that investigators had received the tip, telling the Detroit Free Press that "the information seemed credible, so we decided to follow up on it."
The newspaper reported that the house is in the 18700 block of Florida Street in northern Roseville, about 20 miles northeast of Detroit.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
redrun

Post by redrun »

LordMortis wrote:Because they gave up on Giant Stadium (Why would take him all the way back to the East Coast?) and the Zilwaukee bridge, I guess...

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article" target="_blank? ... /605220414

Do you suppose the coordination of almost 60 federal field agents for a week is worth the effort to exhume a 30 years gone corpse?
No, not worth the effor to exhume a 30 year old corpse.

Yes, worth the effort to follow up on a 30 year old murder.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

And a 6+ year post. ;)

(awesome necro, btw)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thank you.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Smoove_B wrote:And a 6+ year post. ;)

(awesome necro, btw)
Was thinking the same thing. Even more insane if there's something to this "lead".
Rip

Post by Rip »

Maybe this is the one.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/17/vintage-ca ... a-mystery/
The 1973 Buick Electra 225 was discovered Tuesday in a man-made pond next to a highway in Buena Vista Township by divers contracted by the Michigan Department of Transportation to clear barrels from it
Township police Detective Sgt. Greg Klecker said the car has an older license plate, but won’t reveal further details until a forensic report the vehicle and the remains is completed.
The pond is on state property roughly 80 miles northwest of Detroit. Michigan Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jocelyn Hall says the barrels were being removed because someone reported they were in the pond. The contents weren’t known.
Could this finally be it?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Sorry... the necro bar has already been raised to 6 years... you are too early..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rip wrote:Maybe this is the one.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/17/vintage-ca ... a-mystery/
The 1973 Buick Electra 225 was discovered Tuesday in a man-made pond next to a highway in Buena Vista Township by divers contracted by the Michigan Department of Transportation to clear barrels from it
Township police Detective Sgt. Greg Klecker said the car has an older license plate, but won’t reveal further details until a forensic report the vehicle and the remains is completed.
The pond is on state property roughly 80 miles northwest of Detroit. Michigan Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jocelyn Hall says the barrels were being removed because someone reported they were in the pond. The contents weren’t known.
Could this finally be it?
LM's estranged wife?
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

SShhh, I'm sandbagging. Come back in 2025 to see me squeeze out the win in the final stretch.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Punisher wrote:Sorry... the necro bar has already been raised to 6 years... you are too early..
Tyros...I recently revived the Insect Identification thread after 11 years.
Rip

Post by Rip »