Need important life-altering advice

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

WPD

Need important life-altering advice

Post by WPD »

So I did some laundry this afternoon during my laundry time and as the bitch before me hadn't come to get her stuff out of the dryer after I was finished with the washing machine I figured I just go with the good old-fashioned air dry.

Fast foward and some good citizen has wedged some lint presumably from the dryer that he discovered when he went to use the dryer under the little name tag thingy we all have on our doors. Using his obvious deductive skills by looking at the laundry schedule he must have figured it was mine and decided that it was his patriotic duty to let me know I was a huge asshole for leaving my lint in the dryer.

At first it really irriated me that in a dorm that is supposed to be one for "mature" people someone could do something so fucking childish. If you have such a huge fucking problem cleaning out the lint trap go knock on whoever used the dryer last and ask them to clean it out, rather then being a baby and wedging it ito my door.

But now I don't really care anymore, its fucking lint. It isn't vomit, piss, or someone's dirty dishes. Its lint that came from garments someone else has worn and is presumably clean, unless that person enjoys drying their clothes without first washing them.

So what should I do about this situation?

My thought is to leave it there until my girlfriend makes some sort of remark about me needing to take it down but I don't ever take it down and eventually she takes it down for me,.
funnygirl

Re: Need important life-altering advice

Post by funnygirl »

WPD wrote:My thought is to leave it there until my girlfriend makes some sort of remark about me needing to take it down but I don't ever take it down and eventually she takes it down for me,.
Yeah, I'd go with that. You're welcome. Glad I could help. :wink:
Black Lives Matter
Jessan

Post by Jessan »

Leave it there but get some of those little goggly eyes and glue them on.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Find the list, and find the guy who washed after you.

Then find his room, kill him, his pets, his room mates, his family, friends and everyone he did business with.
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

Crowley wrote:Find the list, and find the guy who washed after you.

Then find his room, kill him, his pets, his room mates, his family, friends and everyone he did business with.
And don't forget to eat their brains and absorb their powers.
Black Lives Matter
WPD

Post by WPD »

Jessan wrote:Leave it there but get some of those little goggly eyes and glue them on.
That sonds like fun, but also sounds like unneccesary work for me. I'm not a fan of unnecessay work.

I may have to go look at the schedule and see who was after me, then I can go put it on THEIR door. And if they put it back on my door...well we could have a good old fashioned feud, shooting at each other with shotguns and such across the river.

But I'll probably stick with leaving te lint up there until someone else does something about it.
St. Mark

Post by St. Mark »

For some clean and harmless revenge, like others have said, find out who was on the laundry list after you, pour baby powder in front of his/her door in a line along the crack at the bottom, and then use a hair dryer to blow it inside the room and do so at least 10 times. If it is a typical size dorm room, everything will be covered with a fine layer of white. Just thinking about all the time he/she had to spend cleaning it up will more than make up for your suffering of an unjust accusation. :idea:
WPD

Post by WPD »

Perhaps I should take down who was after me and next time he has laundry time I can jerk off and get it all over his clothes after they are done in the washer... :twisted:

But I still think I will stick with the simple plan of doing nothing.
TheMissingLink

Post by TheMissingLink »

Move to Chinook Apts. - no laundry schedules :D
Member of the GG UT2k4 9000 Frag Club
Member of the GG UT2k4 Triple Digit Suicide Club
TheMissingLink on PSN
WPD

Post by WPD »

Yes, but do they come with a girlfriend 2 stories up who cooks dinner?

Cause if they do...I'm all over that...like a ninja: :ninja:
knob

Post by knob »

Find out if they have a car. If they do, piss on the grill. And then stuff a large amount of your own lint in their muffler. You may have to save it for a few months to get enough.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
gorky1

Post by gorky1 »

I'd clean it (it's only fucking lint, isn't it), put it back and forget about it. Perhaps talk to the coward that wedged it into your door and make him feel childish by staying calm and btw-ish.
Grifman

Re: Need important life-altering advice

Post by Grifman »

WPD wrote: At first it really irriated me that in a dorm that is supposed to be one for "mature" people
as the bitch before me
so fucking childish
huge fucking problem
its fucking lint
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Grifman
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Recommendation:
Throw the lint away and move on with your life. Maybe someday the person who put it on your door will grow up. And if you ever have to clean out the lint trap after somebody else, just do it and don't fret about it. Sheesh - it's just lint!
hodge313

Post by hodge313 »

Is leaving lint in a public dryer a major social faux paux? If so, I'm the biggest jerk that has ever lived in my apartment complex. It hasn't even occurred to me to clean the lint out after I use a dryer. But, then again, 90% of the time there is lint in the trap that I have to clean out before i dry--so maybe everyone living here is a friggin' jerk.

And I would just let the whole thing go. Be the more mature person.
Blackadar

Post by Blackadar »

Fill a glass full of piss and other stuff. Prop it on his door so that when he opens the door, the glass falls into the room and spills it's contents. Then knock on the door. :)

We did this with a 30 gallon trash can one time to our RA. Cruel, isn't it?
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

If you're adverse to activity, I'd just throw it away yourself and move on. But if you're willing to have fun with it, I'd go Jessan's route and try to make it seem like someone did you a favor by putting it on your door and incorporating it into your door scheme. *That'd* probably piss of the poor lint-stuffer even more.

When using public dryers, I always made it a point to empty the lint-trap *before* I ran my clothes through. Never thought to get mad at the last person who dried stuff before me for not emptying the trap.

Oh, and go around calling people lint-stuffers as your new invective. It's fun!

(At the risk of singling one person out and making others feel bad...)Crowley, great to see you made it over here!

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
fancydirt

Post by fancydirt »

heh, "lint-stuffer" seems a good insult. I think I might start using that. :)
WPD

Post by WPD »

This morning the fog has cleared and the battle has ended. In a snap judgement I displaced the lint from my door and tossed it in the garbage.

And so the epic journey hath ended...or has it? :ninja: :idea:
Discalced

Post by Discalced »

Mold the lint into the shape of a dick and leave it by his door.
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

I consider it my duty to clean the lint out of the dryer before I use it, not after. Either way, I'd say everybody should just drop it and move on with their lives.
WPD

Post by WPD »

EngineNo9 wrote:I consider it my duty to clean the lint out of the dryer before I use it, not after. Either way, I'd say everybody should just drop it and move on with their lives.
I plan on it. I was just shocked mostly that someone feels so passionate about cleaning out lint that they felt they needed to do that.OR maybe they were just drunk....
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

WPD wrote:
EngineNo9 wrote:I consider it my duty to clean the lint out of the dryer before I use it, not after. Either way, I'd say everybody should just drop it and move on with their lives.
I plan on it. I was just shocked mostly that someone feels so passionate about cleaning out lint that they felt they needed to do that.OR maybe they were just drunk....
Well this adds a new layer to the situation. Is your butt sore?
WPD

Post by WPD »

Crowley wrote:
Well this adds a new layer to the situation. Is your butt sore?
Yeah, but I think that's from sitting around all day doing absolutely nothing, not the ana...sitting around I did last night. :ninja: