Any chance of some alternative colour templates?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Anonymous Bosch

Any chance of some alternative colour templates?

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

O Almighty Powers-that-Be,

Is there any chance of adding some alternative colour schemes to choose from for this 'ere forum? Personally, I'd much prefer something that was a wee bit more GoneGold-ish (i.e. dark background with light text).
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I'm pretty sure this is already in the works, once the whole domain-name and general site theme stuff gets sorted out. Check the Meta forum; there are probably a couple threads about it already there.

- Ash
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Thanks Ash! As he said, in the Metaforum there is a post called "What the heck is going on," where we've stated that things are pretty much in flux for now and that we've not settled on final forum look. Once we've straightend out the URL/theme of the site, expect this kind of stuff to get nailed down.

If folks are not reading/posting-in the metaforum right now, let this be a reminder that this is a huge opportunity to affect the contents not just of the boards, but also for the site as a whole. If you're fine waiting and seeing how things turn out, then there's no real need to be active over there, but if you're curious and/or if you'd like to have an impact as to how things will finally turn out, you should probably spend some time in that forum.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
CSL

Post by CSL »

*CSL demands a gold and black theme!
knob

Post by knob »

Thanks Ash! As he said, in the Metaforum there is a post called "What the heck is going on," where we've stated that things are pretty much in flux for now and that we've not settled on final forum look. Once we've straightend out the URL/theme of the site, expect this kind of stuff to get nailed down.

I hope you guys aren't settling on just one final look. One of the nice features about this board is that you can have multiple themes. At the very least, you could change the colors in a few themes without having to touch too much of the current/future artwork.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Valael wrote:I hope you guys aren't settling on just one final look. One of the nice features about this board is that you can have multiple themes. At the very least, you could change the colors in a few themes without having to touch too much of the current/future artwork.
I highly doubt that the plan is to choose one theme and stick it on everyone. The mods are too cool a group of cats for that, right mods?

The skinnability of this forum software is indeed one of its more endearing qualities, and I'm sure that the PTB will be exploiting the feature.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I hear the initial color scheme will be incorporating lime green. :twisted:
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

setaside wrote:I hear the initial color scheme will be incorporating lime green. :twisted:
Don't you mean "very little lime green, and nothing else"? ;)

- Ash