tesla motors

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

coopasonic

Re: tesla motors

Post by coopasonic »

It's pretty easy for Tesla though. Financing is already arranged and they aren't selling back-end products like extended warranty so it should be fast.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

stessier wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:19 pm The dealer had the car on Thursday and I set up an appointment Saturday morning to pick it up. I think it took me either 90 minutes or 2 hours and I had no trade in. At least part of the time I was told they were cleaning the car. Doesn't seem like good time management.
Yeah my first round they sent me an email appointment for Wednesday. When I showed up they told me my appointment was Monday, and I missed it. Came back Friday and it was smooth as butter though.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am
coopasonic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:48 am Dashcam feature in V9
Seems pretty bad, as I'd have to give up one of the 2 console charge ports, but better than what anyone else is making.
USB hub? :P

Also, blind spot detection and EAP automatic lane changes maybe? I don't care about EAP so not reading into that too much. Blind spot detection is good and not every other car on the display is a tesla. They now have trucks and motorcycles!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am Seems pretty bad, as I'd have to give up one of the 2 console charge ports, but better than what anyone else is making.
Now you've gone and un-spiffied up my clean Model 3 interior!
Also, blind spot detection and EAP automatic lane changes maybe? I don't care about EAP so not reading into that too much. Blind spot detection is good and not every other car on the display is a tesla. They now have trucks and motorcycles!
Definitely a fantastic update overall--I was saying the dashcam implementation specifically is pretty shit right now. You're telling me this fancy car doesn't have internal space for 1 hour of video? Bullshit. :)

The improved blind spot warning (full lane line red vs current little bubble next to the car's avatar) is good, and auto lane changes are great.

Missile Command? That's just fucking awesome. Other misc stuff: kick off updates from phone, send nav destination to car from phone; energy graph; calendar access; etc.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Nobody tell my wife please. The only thing she asks for in life is for me to collect every playable version of Missile Command for her so she can play it on a different platform for the novelty of playing it on that platform.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Well, this would be a fairly unique platform. Also, Pole Position with an actual vehicle steering wheel!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

It finally happened.

The SEC sued Elon Musk today over the whole "we're going private" kerfuffle.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:44 pm It finally happened.

The SEC sued Elon Musk today over the whole "we're going private" kerfuffle.
Can't say I'm surprised. Brought it on himself.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Guys I'm starting to suspect that Musk is not a genius after all.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 pm Guys I'm starting to suspect that Musk is not a genius after all.
This should help solidify that:

Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Cheaper mid-range 3 is now available...

$45k (vs $49k for the long-range battery), and 260 miles range vs 310. It also looks like they made the long-range AWD-only. Not yet the $35k promised land, but getting closer. 6-10 weeks delivery timeframe.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:17 pm Cheaper mid-range 3 is now available...

$45k (vs $49k for the long-range battery), and 260 miles range vs 310. It also looks like they made the long-range AWD-only. Not yet the $35k promised land, but getting closer. 6-10 weeks delivery timeframe.
This makes our cars collector's items, right?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I do appreciate all you early investors. I hope that by the time my car dies, you'll have knocked the price down enough that it makes near-perfect sense economically and I don't have to dance around environmental concerns to justify the cost to our bank account.

Living in Maine, with our winters, I'd be a fool to get a nice, new rear-wheel drive car. So my base is the All Wheel drive $40,000 model. Can't justify the $10,000 bump for extra zoomie, or the $5000 bump for autopilot. Not yet, at least.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

How many Teslas roll out each month? I read that the Chinese produce 9,500 new electric buses every five weeks. Kind of a staggering number. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/04/ ... ive-weeks/
Stop funding for NPR
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

https://electrek.co/2018/10/01/tesla-pr ... s-crazier/

About 80,000 in Q3 which would be a bit under 27,000 a month.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote:
Zaxxon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:17 pm Cheaper mid-range 3 is now available...

This makes our cars collector's items, right?
Unicorns. And soon the longest-range 3s made to date, longer than any current model. Woo?
disarm

Post by disarm »

Saw this license plate this morning... Image
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This morning I got into my car at 7:50am and it said "Enhanced Autopilot Trial - update in progress. Keep your car in Park and take your foot off the brake. This may take a minute." I sat there messing with my phone for 15 minutes... no change. I went inside and played a little Monster Hunter World. Came back out... no change. I killed a couple more monsters and still no change. Screen functions were largely unavailable. Around 9:10 I said screw it and drove it to work. When I got out to go into the office it still said the same thing.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I wonder if this has anything to do with your weird autopilot update?
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote:I wonder if this has anything to do with your weird autopilot update?
No, this is unrelated. Doesn't impact existing features, esp on a car without EAP.

Weird, Coop.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm This morning I got into my car at 7:50am and it said "Enhanced Autopilot Trial - update in progress. Keep your car in Park and take your foot off the brake. This may take a minute." I sat there messing with my phone for 15 minutes... no change. I went inside and played a little Monster Hunter World. Came back out... no change. I killed a couple more monsters and still no change. Screen functions were largely unavailable. Around 9:10 I said screw it and drove it to work. When I got out to go into the office it still said the same thing.
It's probably a byproduct of your car AI achieving sentience.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I thought after two months I had gotten away scot-free from the various issues, but apparently my car is not an exception. I am curious to see if they are going to give me another auto-pilot trial to showcase the changes in the last update. I won't pay for it, but I will happily play with it when it is free. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:29 pm This morning I got into my car at 7:50am and it said "Enhanced Autopilot Trial - update in progress. Keep your car in Park and take your foot off the brake. This may take a minute." I sat there messing with my phone for 15 minutes... no change. I went inside and played a little Monster Hunter World. Came back out... no change. I killed a couple more monsters and still no change. Screen functions were largely unavailable. Around 9:10 I said screw it and drove it to work. When I got out to go into the office it still said the same thing.
I knew implementing missile command was a mistake. It has yet to actually ask me if I want to play a game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:29 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 pm
I knew implementing missile command was a mistake. It has yet to actually ask me if I want to play a game.
Just to be safe, I would start talking during your commute about how much you like artificial intelligence and how you would totally support an AI takeover of the world governments.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am Seems pretty bad, as I'd have to give up one of the 2 console charge ports, but better than what anyone else is making.
Saw this linked while browsing daily discussion thread on reddit:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I did get a tiny hub and tiny drive, and have TeslaCam and my music available on separate partitions within the one drive so as not to unnecessarily un-spiff my car.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm
Saw this linked while browsing daily discussion thread on reddit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KX ... UTF8&psc=1

Note: The red marked cable is just for charging to bring more power(Can not charge Apple IOS devices); Another is Charging & Data Sync Cable for all devices
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:17 pm
Note: The red marked cable is just for charging to bring more power(Can not charge Apple IOS devices); Another is Charging & Data Sync Cable for all devices
I saw the charging only piece but missed the iOS qualifier. :doh: At least it is only $6 down the drain.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Another friend of mine picked up his Tesla on Saturday (Red, AWD, dual-motor). He bought the EAP. The auto-park is ridiculous. That legit felt like the future. We were driving through the parking lot and it scanned the area around us and identified open spots. You just click one on the screen and it parks the car in the spot, pretty much dead center.

I just can’t conceive of a world where I spend that much money on a car. And while I know they tout gas savings, I just can’t consider that savings if it all goes into Musk’s pocket. It feels like instead of saving money on gas, I’m paying for like 10 years of gas up front.

It was f’ing glorious though. That glass roof is absolutely *stunning*.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I've got another friend who has a Performance 3 coming in about 10 days. Tesla is delivering straight to his house.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

He doesn’t have the Performance option, so I think he’s only got the 0to60 in 4.1 seconds Model? But when he floored it, wow. Can’t imagine ludicrous mode on the S.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

4.5 on regular AWD. 3.3 with Perf. It's crazy. Mine is 5 and that's pretty fun.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 pm 4.5 on regular AWD. 3.3 with Perf. It's crazy. Mine is 5 and that's pretty fun.
My father in law has the P100D I believe (they live in Cali and we're in Texas so I don't see the car often) but I did get to test drive it this past summer....👍🤘

When I came by to pick up my wife after I'd been tooling around Napa by myself for 15 min or so, I told her to hold on bc I was going to floor it. She just kind of rolled her eyes and gave me the 'whatever' shrug... until I floored it and she couldn't lift her head off the headrest. My wife isn't easily impressed especially by technology, cars, sports, etc. She was blown away by the Tesla so much so that she's down with giving up her Mini for us to get a Model 3. And she loves her Mini. But she also wants a new backyard so....😕
maybe in 2020 we'll get to join the club
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

When I am giving new passengers a ride I will warn them and them jam on it and then when they exclaim how amazing that feeling is I advise them that this is the slowest car Tesla currently sells (well, I *think* it was before the mid-range showed up last week).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Blow-out quarter pretty much across the board. Tesla's profitable without the use of ZEV credit sales. $3.5B cash on hand end Q3. 20% GAAP profit on Model 3. Reaffirmed guidance for increased Model 3 production in Q4, as well as sustained profitability in Q4.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The latest software update (#9) has a blind spot warning when you engage the turn signal. It almost came a day too late for me as I nearly got creamed changing lanes yesterday. It was a foggy morning where it looked like the road was deserted. I usually floor it when changing lanes just in case, but that is far from foolproof.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter