tesla motors

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: tesla motors

Post by Zaxxon »

That's manifestly incorrect. :) Your mention of a curb tells me you were using it where it's not recommended. You also shouldn't be braking or accelerating with EAP on outside of times where you need to take over, which are rare.

Try it on a highway where it excels.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

My car won't even let me turn on lane keeping assist (a nerfed kind of autopilot) unless I'm going 45 MPH or above. I can imagine autopilot is an issue for any kind of city driving.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Elon Musk doubles down on his pedophilia allegations against Vernon Unsworth.
“I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,” Musk wrote in the first message. “He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time.”

“As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I fucking hope he sues me,” he added.
Oy.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You can be a billionaire visionary genius and still being a dumbass.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:44 pm You can be a billionaire visionary genius and still [be] a dumbass.
Ayup.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He has a fudiciary duty to not be a dumbass.

Enlarge Image
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Ayup.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Back to news about the company itself rather than its man-child CEO: Per InsideEVs' estimates (which historically are pretty accurate) Tesla outsold Audi and M-B in the US in August. BMW only ~500 vehicles ahead.

Narrowing to passenger vehicles only, The Model 3 alone outsold all of BMW in the US.

And this is without the vehicle having fully ramped yet.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Was reading a story about Ford's stock being downgraded to one notch above junk status, and a Ford spokesman griped about Tesla's ridiculous market cap. Ford has Tesla envy.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My 14 day EAP trial ends tonight. Considering setting up a GoFundMe to add it permanently.

Kidding, but that would pretty much be the only way I end up with autopilot unless they decide to drop the price to $1k or less. It's a cool toy, but, for me, that is all it is. After using it pretty much daily for two weeks, I have no regrets about dropping it from my order.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I will say that Musk has seemed very presidential lately.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:59 pm I will say that Musk has seemed very presidential lately.
Ayup.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:59 pm I will say that Musk has seemed very presidential lately.
Well, he's being sued by the cave diver and Andrew Left/Citron (separately, of course) so if he listens at all to his attorneys he'll limit himself to retweeting favorable Tesla news articles and some SpaceX stuff.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Well, he's being sued by the cave diver and Andrew Left/Citron (separately, of course) so if he listens at all to his attorneys he'll limit himself to retweeting favorable Tesla news articles and some SpaceX stuff.
Actually, he's going on Joe Rogan tonight, so we'll get 2-3 hours of unfiltered Elon. Which could be great or very much, fully, entirely terrible.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:37 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Actually, he's going on Joe Rogan tonight, so we'll get 2-3 hours of unfiltered Elon. Which could be great or very much, fully, entirely terrible.
Controlled environment so I'll go with great. What he won't (or shouldn't) be doing is tweeting at 2am while autopiloting home from a sex party. Or on a weekday morning when he feels TSLA needs a spike in price.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 pm Controlled environment so I'll go with great. What he won't (or shouldn't) be doing is tweeting at 2am while autopiloting home from a sex party. Or on a weekday morning when he feels TSLA needs a spike in price.
It's controlled in that there are two dudes in a room, but Rogan is very good at letting folks speak, and he does tend to ask solid questions. I'm sure he's going to ask about PedoGate™ and the go-private stuff, as well as Grimes/Azaelea Banks, etc.

Sufficient rope for hanging oneself will be provided. Normally Musk handles this sort of non-adversarial interview well, but today I'm not so confident about.
telcta

Post by telcta »

Got an email Thursday afternoon to pick a preferred day for delivery between 9/21 - 9/27. I guess this is it. Nothing for a long time then bam, possibly a car in a couple weeks. Based on reading about delivery issues on the Tesla forums I’m not getting my hopes up but I am happy that something is happening. Plus I’ll have some time to enjoy it while the weather is still warm.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

telcta wrote:Got an email Thursday afternoon to pick a preferred day for delivery between 9/21 - 9/27. I guess this is it. Nothing for a long time then bam, possibly a car in a couple weeks. Based on reading about delivery issues on the Tesla forums I’m not getting my hopes up but I am happy that something is happening. Plus I’ll have some time to enjoy it while the weather is still warm.
Don't worry too much. I had the same fears, then went in and my car was fine. One interior trim piece discolored when viewed in just the right light, which they replaced at my convenience.

9k miles later, the car is by far the most fun I've ever had with a purchased item.

My father in law, as well as several local folks here in CO, also got their delivery notices today. The Q3 delivery rush is officially on.
telcta

Post by telcta »

I’m not too concerned about build issues, I’m sure they’ll take care of anything that crops up. More so the communication between the different parties leading up to delivery and unexpected rescheduling. I know more people post about bad experiences than smooth ones and knowing that the bottleneck is most likely in the delivery process with Tesla cranking out so many cars. I’m a patient person... and I know you guys would say it’s worth the wait.

Congrats for your father in law. This is going to be a very busy month.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

telcta wrote: I know you guys would say it’s worth the wait.

Thanks. My brother in law just drove it for the first time tonight. He had a grin the whole way.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

telcta wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:21 pm I’m not too concerned about build issues, I’m sure they’ll take care of anything that crops up. More so the communication between the different parties leading up to delivery and unexpected rescheduling. I know more people post about bad experiences than smooth ones and knowing that the bottleneck is most likely in the delivery process with Tesla cranking out so many cars. I’m a patient person... and I know you guys would say it’s worth the wait.

The delivery process is a mess, but once you get the car, none of that matters. I've had mine for 2.5 weeks and I still smile just thinking about it... and the smile gets a little wider every time I drive it. Now I know why Zaxx keeps going on road trips.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:50 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:43 pm Controlled environment so I'll go with great. What he won't (or shouldn't) be doing is tweeting at 2am while autopiloting home from a sex party. Or on a weekday morning when he feels TSLA needs a spike in price.
It's controlled in that there are two dudes in a room, but Rogan is very good at letting folks speak, and he does tend to ask solid questions. I'm sure he's going to ask about PedoGate™ and the go-private stuff, as well as Grimes/Azaelea Banks, etc.

Sufficient rope for hanging oneself will be provided. Normally Musk handles this sort of non-adversarial interview well, but today I'm not so confident about.
Yeah, I guess I was wrong there. Between him smoking dope on air (I think I was right about the "$420" take private price being a brodude signal) and the accounting chief resigning after a month on the job it's not a good day for shares.

Maybe it's medicinal. But he really needs to check hi'self.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh, and the HR head too.

Tesla’s chief accounting officer, Dave Morton, has resigned after less than a month on the job, the company announced in a regulatory filing today. Morton said in a statement that “the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations.”

Shortly after the announcement of Morton’s departure, Gabrielle Toledano, Tesla’s head of HR, told Bloomberg she has decided not to come back to the company after being on a leave of absence. She’s the second Tesla executive to not return from a leave of absence this summer. Doug Field, who ran the company’s vehicle programs, stepped down in July after having gone on leave in May.

The news of both departures came hours after CEO Elon Musk smoked weed on Joe Rogan’s podcast. Tesla’s stock price dropped as much as 10 percent Friday morning, the biggest hit to the company’s market capitalization in two years.

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 am
Zaxxon wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Yeah, I guess I was wrong there. Between him smoking dope on air (I think I was right about the "$420" take private price being a brodude signal) and the accounting chief resigning after a month on the job it's not a good day for shares.

Maybe it's medicinal. But he really needs to check hi'self.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Sometimes I dislike being correct.

That said, I liked the interview. Not so much the executive departures.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

TSLA is down almost $120 a share since the day Musk tweeted about taking the company private. It's been an interesting month.
Hodor.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The hundred million dollar joint.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

The interview:

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Popehat
If aliens grabbed some rando popped-collar douchebro off of a frathouse roof, Uplifted his brain, and handed him a billion dollars, they'd wind up with Elon Musk, a furiously rich, frighteningly smart visionary and ambulatory Ed Hardy shirt. The wisdom-dump-statted Musk has been terrifying Tesla shareholders by careening from one bizarre antic after another. It might be said of him that we are all constantly called upon to hold his beer.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 pm Popehat
If aliens grabbed some rando popped-collar douchebro off of a frathouse roof, Uplifted his brain, and handed him a billion dollars, they'd wind up with Elon Musk, a furiously rich, frighteningly smart visionary and ambulatory Ed Hardy shirt. The wisdom-dump-statted Musk has been terrifying Tesla shareholders by careening from one bizarre antic after another. It might be said of him that we are all constantly called upon to hold his beer.
That's a hell of a paragraph about Musk.
Hodor.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

A Tesla repair center is being built just down the street from my old house.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:48 am Dashcam feature in V9
Seems pretty bad, as I'd have to give up one of the 2 console charge ports, but better than what anyone else is making.

Side note: deliveries are in crazy crunch mode right now. Last Sat I was at our local delivery center. They got > 30 car carrier deliveries that day alone (that's 180+ cars). The Jaguar dealer that's moving in asked where they're putting those cars. "They're not staying" was the response. Our center alone is delivering > 70 cars/day this week, with > 100 scheduled for Saturday.

Your average car dealer is in the 2-5 vehicles/day range. Granted, if you take Tesla and smooth out deliveries across the whole quarter, it's a much smaller number than 70/day. But still a lot higher than the average car dealer.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It should be noted they also have far fewer dealerships per capita than other dealers. I think here the ratio is about 1 dealer per 57 people.
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm It should be noted they also have far fewer dealerships per capita than other dealers. I think here the ratio is about 1 dealer per 57 people.
Of course. Not trying to imply that they're delivering more than Ford or anything overall. But they are seemingly an order of magnitude more efficient at it, currently. In any event, the dealership next door is in awe.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 pm
Jeff V wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm It should be noted they also have far fewer dealerships per capita than other dealers. I think here the ratio is about 1 dealer per 57 people.
Of course. Not trying to imply that they're delivering more than Ford or anything overall. But they are seemingly an order of magnitude more efficient at it, currently. In any event, the dealership next door is in awe.
Last time I bought a car I went through True Car to ostensibly shorten the experience. It still took the salestroll, his manager, and the finance guy 8 hours to get me out the door.

After that, I'm not looking forward going there again in the spring when the lease is up on the Rogue. Depending what they levy on me for various dings and scratches, I might very well be leaving with the same car but purchased instead of leased. :?
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yeah, I hear you. My total time on the Tesla premises for my purchase was 45 minutes, including trade-in.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The dealer had the car on Thursday and I set up an appointment Saturday morning to pick it up. I think it took me either 90 minutes or 2 hours and I had no trade in. At least part of the time I was told they were cleaning the car. Doesn't seem like good time management.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles