Back From The Big Halloween Party

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

YellowKing

Back From The Big Halloween Party

Post by YellowKing »

Had a lot of fun. Had a huge load of barbecue, steamed oysters, cakes, cookies, chips, and lots and lots of booze. :)

The band was some blues/rock band from Charlotte (the name escapes me at the moment), but they were pretty good and played 3 45-minute sets.

About 10:00 we went out to set up the haunted hayride. My dad has a permanent trail carved out in the woods next door. The tractor drives through a field up to the entrance of the woods, then the driver forces everybody out to walk through the haunted path. Of course, the people don't know that there are about a dozen drunk accomplices inside waiting to jump out at them. :) My dad has a guillotine out there, and I played the part of the executioner while my wife had her head chopped off. We also had a "murdered campers" scene and several other people just jumping out with masks on. At the end of the trail my dad had a cemetery scene set up complete with partially dug grave, several coffins, and a 1976 hearse. As the folks came out of the woods people would jump out of the coffins and scare the crap out of them.

I guess the haunted trail went off pretty well - all the "young folks" which included me, my brother, his friends, my wife, etc. brought a big cooler of beer out there to keep us company, since it's extremely hard to spend two hours out in pitch black woods in the cold without being a little liquored up. The first few runs went pretty well, but by the end of it my wife was dropping the fake head before I even brought the guillotine down, I think I had my mask on backwards, and the guy driving the hayride tractor should definitely NOT have been operating a motor vehicle. :)

At any rate I think everyone had a good time. Hopefully next year maybe some of you NCers can make it down.
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

Sounds like a good time YK but ~ TTIWWP :P
Black Lives Matter
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Isn't Halloween traditionally at the end of October?

Temporal paradoxes aside, sounds like it was fun, YK, even if I lost my taste for Halloween at the age of 4, after people stopped giving me extra free stuff because I was "cute". ;)

- Ash
durwoodx

Post by durwoodx »

Wow, I wish I'd known you lived in Charlotte....I've been staying in Pineville for the past two nights on our fall tour.....alas.....
Gaming Addict and Proud!!!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I actually live in Wilmington, about 3 1/2 hours from Charlotte. My dad lives up there though, so I go up fairly often.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

sounds like a ball. You get to participate in the first Halloween party of the season and then sit back and enjoy everything else. That totally rocks. Oh and how the hell cold can it be Charlotte in October. Puh-lease.

:)

I got to work on my costume with mom this weekend. Seeing through cheese cloth in the dark is impossible, so we have to work out some sort of holes. :( I just realized that while I can drink in costume, there is no way I will be able to smoke, which is not a problem...unless I am drinking. :? And we also came to the realization that the head might not fit in my car.

I am sooooo excited for Halloween. We are breaking in the season by seeing The Cramps this Friday. What a perfrect way to get ready. John's partyis then Satrurday, so I have to finish my costume before then. I'm getting all giddy. Thanks for bringing the Halloween cheer.

Asharak

How can you possibly be gamer with no taste for Halloween? Halloween is the season of the year that it is acceptable to suffer Pan syndrome. The seaon of living fantasy. Of play and role play.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Sounds like a mighty fine time!

Tareeq may be planning a NC get together sometime soon. YK, you should definitely try to make it!