Stupid cordless drill

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Rich in KCK

Stupid cordless drill

Post by Rich in KCK »

This is my one of two days off I have out of 19 days and there are some projects I had been wanting to work on around the house. One of which was getting my surround sound system back up and working. The new layout of my living room left me with a staircase behind my main viewing area and no way to get the speakers in the correct position behind me so a trip to Home Depot was in order. I ended up buying some lumbar to build myself a couple of really tall speaker stands that could be taken apart rather quickly and hidden out of the way when not in use. I get all the lumbar cut while thinking about all the DVD's I've been putting off watching and which one to watch first when I'm done. Next step was screwing it all together, I go get the cordless drill and both batteries were dead. It's been over 5 hours now of charging one for about 45 minutes or so and doing what work I can until it dies again, my hands are raw from trying to use a screwdriver and doing it by hand when both batteries are dead and I'm not done yet, it's late and it doesn't look like I'm going to get to watch a movie until next Sunday now. :x

I'm buying an electric drill on the way to work tommorow so this never happens again.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Screwdriver? Bah, try putting together a desk with a Leatherman as your only screwdriver. Now that is painful. :)
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

At least your holes were drilled already (I hope) I'm trying to screw wood screws straight into the undrilled wood when the batteries are dead.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

In your situation, Rich, I declare myself "On Strike!" until the drill/screwdriver is recharged. There's NO WAY I'm going to drive screws through un-pre-holed wood by hand.

And Lee, I've been where you are (unemployed, in GREENland!) with the Leatherman and that, too, isn't a pretty site. Were I to be in that situation againg, I'd again, go "On Strike!" until I could get myself to the land of a real screwdriver.

Some things just aren't worth it.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I use my Leatherman to do things like assemble desks (though, more often shelving units) all of the time. I love my Leatherman. I use it for everything but wrench stuff. If they could have fit that, a hammer, and a vice in there, I'd probably never go to a tool box.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

:idea: Get a cordless screwdriver for screws and use the drill for drilling. Store the screwdriver batteries in the charger. It's always ready.