Great, my life just started to fall apart

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jag

Post by Jag »

LordMortis wrote:Good for you Zeke. I haven't been laid since 6 (or many more?) months before I asked for a divorce. You get used to it. I figure the only way to get laid for me is to be a liar and use someone and that's just not who I am.
I usually start begging early in the week, by saturday, she's usually sick of my whining and says 'ok, just get it over with already'.

The life of Married with Children. :wink:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

KingB

Post by KingB »

I too am really sorry to hear that TS.

I told my girlfriend that if she broke up with me and I knew we werent getting back together, I was going to pursue my dream of joining the military and she would probably never see or hear from me again.

That would have to be how I dealt with something like that. I would have to get completely away from the situation and the person to get over it. Thus I would travel half way across the globe and forget about it.
Currently thinking of something clever.........
NetGuy

Post by NetGuy »

Ouch... that's a pretty shitty way to end a relationship. I'm deeply sorry to hear that you're going through so much, I know how tough that can be. Just keep your head up, use this time to reflect upon some things and try to improve yourself. Like someone said, you're young and the love of your life is probably in your future, not your past.

I just recently broke it off w/ my girlfriend of 15 months. It's tough. This is the first "long term" relationship that I've been in that I made the decision to end.... and honestly I'd rather be the one who got dumped. It's just horrible to see how much I'm hurting this girl who I DO still care about. Tears me up. My head knows that the relationship just isn't working out, that we're not right for each other and after the initial chaos, we'll both be better off apart. But my heart still loves her, and wants to believe her when she says it would be a good idea to give it another shot.

Relationships are so..... stressfull, complicated. I guess I just haven't found the right girl. But I can't believe all of the time and energy I've spent in pursuit of that girl. The funny thing is... so many guys go nuts trying to find a date, or a girl.... somehow we convince ourselves that if we get that *right* one that all of our problems will be solved. I don't think that's the case.

But I'm cynical, bitter, depressed and unhappy right now. I don't drink, but I'll raise a bottle of Diet Pepsi to you this morning. I hope you're able to move on rather quickly, and find a hotter, nicer, better girl soon!!!!!

(and isn't cool to know how much we all support you? Doesn't make a big difference I know, but I'd like to think it helps somewhat)
Spike

Post by Spike »

Oh, man. First time I visit and post and poor old Two Sheds... :(

All I can think of to say is that once it's over, it's over. Despite how you feel about the girl, she apparently doesn't feel the same way and relationships definitely require equal amounts of enthusiasm/effort to work. The mere fact that she wanted to go out with someone else is enough of a sign.

I had a similar experience a few years ago, when the relationship I had busted up after several years (five or so). It really sucks, but when it comes down to it there's nothing you can do to change someone else's feelings. If it's been coming for a long time, on her part, there's even less you can do. Don't go back, either: it ended for a reason and that reason won't just disappear unless one or both of you has a huge, life-changing experience. That's my opinion, anyway.

I know it's a cow, but the best thing to do is accept it and move on - whether that be as a single guy or not. Personally, I haven't really seen anyone since mine happened, but that's because my job became stupidly time-consuming! In my case, the girl is still my best friend and I see her all the time, even when she has a boyfriend... but that's me. We get on fine and who knows what the future will hold for either of us? I'm still holding out hope for a call from Winona Ryder... :wink:

Incidentally, Trigger is also right: "Attractive women aged 20-23 have the capacity to do some remarkably terrible things to guys they've been in long-term relationships with." Not just at that age, either, and not just women.

Don't, however, convince yourself that it was a "waste and a lie": no experience, no matter how horrible, is a waste. You've learnt from it. You have some great memories. You will perhaps be dating the celebrity of your choice in a few months' time and she'll be terribly jealous. Whatever happens, you've grown and changed: don't let the hurt embitter you completely. Yeah, scream about it and curse her soul to hell and beyond a few times (everyone has to grieve, after all), but as Dirt said way back, the woman of your dreams is more likely in your future than your past.

For the moment, getting through the day is all that matters. Evenings are rough, but that's what PC games, friends, beer and pretzels are for.

Good luck, and may the Schwarz be with you. :D
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I've sworn to myself that if I ever end up in a divorce, I'm going to fulfill my destiny of shaving my head and be a Shaolin monk, spending the rest of my life in search of Enlightenment.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Dirt wrote:I've sworn to myself that if I ever end up in a divorce, I'm going to fulfill my destiny of shaving my head and be a Shaolin monk, spending the rest of my life in search of Enlightenment.
As long as you go to the original temple in Henan.
U2k Da Greate$t

Post by U2k Da Greate$t »

Forget abot Sex and Devote yourselves to God. He is the Only solution to ur Problems.
"Possible All things IS if you Believe"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've sworn to myself that if I ever end up in a divorce, I'm going to fulfill my destiny of shaving my head and be a Shaolin monk, spending the rest of my life in search of Enlightenment.
That used to be one the running gags between me and my first love. Many conversations seems to drift into some variation of "I need to shave my head and live on a mountain."

....Just a testament I guess to the idea that hopefully the good times will eventually be the powerful memories and the shite fades away.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

TS, I would totally take you out for a beer (or soda) if you lived within like, an hour of where I lived. That sucks royally, but take time for yourself, things will sort out, and the pain will slowly recede until it's just a gentle tug at the heart instead of the vicious stabbing you feel now.

Chin up. It's not your fault, and don't ever forget that.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Man, what a way to go.
I've been in a similar situation.

Have you noticed how many guys here say they've been there and are now better off? Has anyone said, "I've been there and wish I'd gone after her cause my life is totally Charlie Foxtrot now"??

Trust us: Get your stuff back. Giver her stuff back to her. If you can't say this without breaking down, write it out and put it in her "stuff" box:

Hey, I understand now what you've been saying. The last couple of days have been rough, but I'm starting to realize that a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. You're right, it IS time to move on. Thank you for being such a great friend for the last <X> years. We've had a lot of happy times that I'll never forget. We've also had some bad times that I'll try my best to learn from. I will need a little longer than a few days before I can be "just friends" with you; my emotions are just too raw right now, so let's do our best to go our separate ways. I do hope we can be friends again someday, and I hope you find happiness.

Something like that anyway...you need to show her that you're okay, and you're stepping away, but that you're hurt and being mature about that. She needs to know that she can't control you and that you won't come running back into her arms at the first chance.

Let me warn you strongly about the "just friends" thing with a former fiancée. It won't work...not right away, maybe not ever. You need your own life and your own identity (that doesn't involve her) before you can associate with her again. If you see her in public, ignore her until she sees you. Then you acknowledge her, but keep your hands to yourself, don't hold eye contact for more than a couple of seconds at a time (scan the people around so she knows that she doesn't hold your attention like she used to). Don't be rude to her...non-chalant is probably the appropriate word. End the conversation by excusing yourself and walking away. If she tries to bring up your relationship, tell her that you're not interesting in getting hurt again like she did before. "I don't want to talk about that now, and I will NOT talk about that here." Make her come to you in private, preferably to your doorstep if she wants to talk about getting back together. It's an important symbol.

If you want to leave the door open to ever go out with her again, don't go out with one of her friends. Don't go out with one of her enemies, and don't start sleeping around (that doesn't rule out a post-breakup hookup, but don't become a male slut).

Remove any evidence of her from display in your space: home, work, car. By all means, store it - just in case - but leaving a "shrine" up will be seen by your friends, and they will make fun of you behind your back, and it will get back to her. Above all, don't appear pathetic or

None of the tips above will automatically rule out getting back together with her, and they may even show you that you don't need her...that you're better off without her. There are countless ways to end it permanently and end up with a great story to tell, but you don't sound like that's what you want.

Above all, remember the way she broke up with you...make sure she grows up before you open yourself up to her again. Someone unable to handle the hard times face-to-face will NOT make a good wife.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Once again, I truly thank all of you for the advice and kind words.

Well, it's over. I talked to her today, and we've exchanged emails. The crux of the matter is that she's realized she is no longer happy, and she hasn't been for a long time. She's come to the conclusion (realization?) that she's never been truly happy in our relationship, and she does not feel that we are right for each other.

Me? I wish she'd told me this 4 years ago. Aside from that, I'm gradually hitting the acceptance stage. I mean, I want her to be happy. I really do. I care about her, and if not being with me will maybe lead her to that happiness, then that's what I want. It sucks, and it hurts, and I miss her terribly, but c'est la vie.

Hopefully we'll still be friends. I do care about her, even without being a couple I care about her as a person. You can't be close to somebody for 4 years and just stop caring about her life. So hopefully, in time, we'll be able to look back fondly on all our memories and enjoy each others' company as friends.

I still love her. I don't think I'll ever stop. Nor do I want to. But I think I can let her go.

Thanks, guys.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've been in this kind of situation myself. Make sure you get some distance before you even think about trying to be friends. You might think your okay now but once you see her with anybody else it will really hit you. I'm not trying to scare you or anything just trying to make sure you don't drive yourself nuts like I did.

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason and as long as you don't give up good things will happen. Keep you head up meet some new people and don't get too down on yourself. Love is one of the worst and the greatest gifts in the world and your seeing the worst of it now.

Hope things work out for ya seems like you have the right mindset so you should be fine. It will get better after time and at some point you will realize that you can care about someone just as much.

Wow I shouldn't drink I start to make sense...damn :shock:
Raven

Post by Raven »

Odin

Post by Odin »

Raven, that was hilarious.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Okay.It's three pages now.You over her yet?Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

DBT what does that smiley say about you, that there is anger in the paddler and the look of full release in the paddled?
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

EngineNo9 wrote:
Dirt wrote:You guys have been together 4 1/2 years and met in High School? Are you even 21 yet? I going to go out on a limb here and say that the woman of your dreams is still in your future, not your past.
The man speaks truth.

It may feel like your whole life is in the shitter right now, but there are soooo many things ahead in life that you shouldn't waste too much undue time on things you can't control. I wasted much time in college pining for a lost love and I kick myself every time I think about it. I think this is all a part of maturing and something that we all need to experience to some degree. As I said, it doesn't do dick for you right now, but just rest assured that things will look brighter in the morning. One morning in the future.
I see that and raise you...

So what if you have gone through, say, about 12 years of marriage and realize that you are not right for each other? Say you get married now or in the near future and *think* you are hopelessly in love and want to spend the rest of your lives together, then 12 years later she says to you "I think we made a mistake"! Take my advice and move on - if she is apprenhensive now, what will she be in 12 years?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

LordMortis wrote:DBT what does that smiley say about you, that there is anger in the paddler and the look of full release in the paddled?
That's Amore.Image
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So what if you have gone through, say, about 12 years of marriage and realize that you are not right for each other? Say you get married now or in the near future and *think* you are hopelessly in love and want to spend the rest of your lives together, then 12 years later she says to you "I think we made a mistake"! Take my advice and move on - if she is apprenhensive now, what will she be in 12 years?
I fold. I was happy and ignorant for 7 years of engagement. I was patient and ignorant for 2 years of marriage. I was pissed and seeing cracks of enlightenment for the last year. One day, I really believe I will be able to look back at the happy ignorance and be happy about it again.
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

OK, step 1 is accomplised. You realize it's over.

NOW, step 2: Wait exactly 4 days, then ask her best friend out on a date, to a halloween party next weekend.

If her best friends are all married, or if she has no friends, ask a girl, whom you both know, out.

It's the perfect plan. Shallow? Yes, but perfect nonetheless.

Hell hath no fury like a man, who posts on the same board with a divorce lawyer, scorned.
"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Sheds, how is it going? Everything okay? Just checking on ya. :)
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

Okay, I hate to have to be the woman here,
but, I am.

You guys need to realize that it really ISN'T you, it IS her!
I'm not making excuses for our behavior. I'm just saying that a lot of women go into a relationship head-over-heals about a man and want to be the ideal woman/lover/friend/etc for him. Then there comes a day that she thinks "Who am I?, What happened to my individualism?, Where did I lose myself along the way?"...Women usually want to please their man but sometimes they lose their identities while trying to do that.
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

THEY LET WOMEN ON THIS BOARD ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm not making excuses for our behavior. I'm just saying that a lot of women go into a relationship head-over-heals about a man and want to be the ideal woman/lover/friend/etc for him. Then there comes a day that she thinks "Who am I?, What happened to my individualism?, Where did I lose myself along the way?"...Women usually want to please their man but sometimes they lose their identities while trying to do that.
I can't generalize for all relationships, but many of the ones that I see that expire at the hands of the woman were not so much that they lost their identities, but that they decided they wanted to change their identity (mine included). Many of the relationships that expire at the hands of the man were because they were never really committed to it in the first place.
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

LordMortis wrote:
I can't generalize for all relationships, but many of the ones that I see that expire at the hands of the woman were not so much that they lost their identities, but that they decided they wanted to change their identity (mine included). Many of the relationships that expire at the hands of the man were because they were never really committed to it in the first place.
LordMortis: You are right. I have seen this sort of situation also. I wasn't trying to generalize either. Ultimately, I think what I'm trying to say is that people change - for whatever reasons - and this is sometimes good for a relationship and sometimes tragic!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ultimately, I think what I'm trying to say is that people change - for whatever reasons - and this is sometimes good for a relationship and sometimes tragic!
Yep. I still sometimes find myself getting lit and listening to the album Laid by James. It reminds me of how I used to believe life worked, and how I my attitudes changed and how they have are starting to come back to what they used to me. It is perhaps the most fantastic look at the dynamic of love (changes, growth, atrophy, etc...) that I have ever heard. (it is also a great examanination of self, but that is for a different thread)

I couldn't believe that for a not so brief period in my life I was lost in an illusion that roughly translated to:
Are you open for trade
Your salvation, for something, for some thrills
Is a body of work for your inspection
You can trace, trace my concern
My concern

I've been looking for truth
At the cost of living
I've been afraid
Of what's before mine eyes
Every answer found
Begs another question
The further you go, the less you know
The less I know

I can feel your face
Gonna make it mine
I can be the man
I see in your eyes
Can you take my weight
Are we both too small
Know each other well
We've met before

Will we grow together
Will it be a lie
If it lasts forever, hope I'm the first to die
Will you marry me, Can we meet the cost
Is the power of love worth the pain of loss
Can you pay the bill, will you keep the change
Are you here for the party, or are you here for the pain

I can feel your face
Gonna make it mine
I can be the man
I see in your eyes
Will we grow together
Will it be a lie
If it lasts forever, hope I'm the first to die
Hope I'm the first to die

http://james.wattyco.com/lyrics/laidly.htm

I imagine I'll be cagey to ever allow myself to believe it again.[/quote]
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

LordMortis: Thank you for those lyrics! Very close to home! [sniff, sniff]
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

damn LordMortis now you made me cry.

When my husband left I spent a lot of time wondering which parts of it had been true. I decided it was all true, good and bad. But I think the key word is "was".
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Hey...I have lyrics too!!

Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
Were laid spread out before me as her body once did
All five horizons revolved around her soul as the earth to the
sun
Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn

Oooo, and all I taught her was everything
Oooo, I know she gave me all that she wore
And now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds of what was
everything
All the pictures have all been washed in black
...tattooed everything

I take a walk outside, I'm surrounded by some kids at play
I can feel their laughter, so why do I sear?

And twisted thoughts that spin round my head, I'm spinnin'
Oh I'm spinnin', how quick a sun can drop away
And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass of what was eve-
rything
All the pictures have all been washed in black
...tattooed everything
All the love gone bad turned my world to black
Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all that I'll be yeaheah

Uhuh...uhuh...oooh
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky
But why, why, why can't it be...why can't it be mine?

Pearl Jam's "Black" :)
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

Another set of great lyrics!
:cry:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

damn LordMortis now you made me cry.

When my husband left I spent a lot of time wondering which parts of it had been true. I decided it was all true, good and bad. But I think the key word is "was".
Did I mention I get lit when I listen to the album and "Was" about sums it up alright.

The link above is to the entire lyrics of the album. It pulls on my heart strings and I almost cry like a little girl whose been kicked in the shins every time I listen to it. You'd think I'd learn to stop.

The irony about "Black" for me is that I felt the emotion from that song without ever having actually felt that way (what back in 90?). Now that I have been there it doesn't do it for me. I do remember putting The Black Crowes "Seeing Things for the First Time" on repeat and listening to it againg and again and again. Now when I wallow it's more playful songs that are divorced (NPI) from the real emotion like Better Than Ezra's "Feels Good."
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

LAID is very listentoable whether you have or have not gone through a good bout of hurtin' at the hands of another.

Two, you sound like you're getting to the right place. I didn't have the OOO (OctopusOverlords Oracle) to consult with when I went through my own end to a major relationship (I was a bit older than you, however -- I'm usually a bit behind the times in about everything in my life), and I ended up holding on to the "We can still be friends, and if six months from now we decide to give it another shot, then so be it..." line that I heard. She wanted me O-U-T of her life in no uncertain way, although she sure spoke about it in uncertain terms at the time. I was a pretty big mess for well over a year after that, trying to figure out which direction to swim to get to the surface and draw in another breath of air.

Space. Separation. Establishment of your own identity separate from her. These are the things you need to get into an enviornment where you're *capable* of being healthy. You've got to clear the debris before you can start building towards anything new in your life.

As sissy points out, be thankful that this didn't happen after a decade+ of commitment (and children -- dang, Lisa, I feel horrible for you). Lots and lots of us have gone through this kind of hurting and I think each of us have emerged better on the other side. It's that journey to get to the other side that sucks. My only good advice is in the paragraph above this one. The sentimental part of me wants to point out two other things, however. 1. Enjoy the gut-punch of emotions you're working with right now. Rare, in this modern world, do we get to really feel something from within our animal cores. Feel that emotion and feel it with your whole being. 2. Do not tarnish the old in trying to get to the new. My very first g/f and I dated for about six months and in the process of getting over that break-up (a break-up I initiated) I managed to ruin every good memory she and I had built together. I cannot, to this day, give one good reason why I dated that girl, nor can I conjure up one positive feeling from that relationship. This brings me sadness today, now 14 years and entire life-experiences later. Learn from my regret.

Best of luck. We're here for you. Pop in for a chat anytime.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

sissyc wrote:
EngineNo9 wrote:
Dirt wrote:You guys have been together 4 1/2 years and met in High School? Are you even 21 yet? I going to go out on a limb here and say that the woman of your dreams is still in your future, not your past.
The man speaks truth.

It may feel like your whole life is in the shitter right now, but there are soooo many things ahead in life that you shouldn't waste too much undue time on things you can't control. I wasted much time in college pining for a lost love and I kick myself every time I think about it. I think this is all a part of maturing and something that we all need to experience to some degree. As I said, it doesn't do dick for you right now, but just rest assured that things will look brighter in the morning. One morning in the future.
I see that and raise you...

The price we pay for love and life.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

I'm doing much better this morning than I have been the last couple of days. I actually slept last night, and I feel good this morning. Things are not so bad right now.

You know, love is a funny thing. I loved her, and still do. She tells me she's realized she fell in love with the idea of love, and not truly with me. She hasn't been truly happy for a long time, even though she says we've had a lot of great times together.

And you know what? That's okay. I don't buy it, not entirely--I know I've heard love in her voice, felt it in her arms, and seen it in her eyes--but that's okay. She's dealing with this in her own way. We've had some great times, and we've shared some wonderful memories. That's what I'd like to remember, and I know she will as well. And that makes me happy.

And yeah, I know I'll probably hate it more than anything when I see her with another guy, but at the same time, I really do hope she finds the happiness she's looking for.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That's a great attitude. I hope you can keep it.
I actually slept last night
Man, did not sleeping suck. Nothing is worse than insomnia. I still get it occasionally out of the blue for no reason whatsoever. I have a cure for it, but it is one of those tiny little fraction of things I don't talk about here. :)
Sunderer

Post by Sunderer »

Two Sheds wrote:And yeah, I know I'll probably hate it more than anything when I see her with another guy, but at the same time, I really do hope she finds the happiness she's looking for.
Dude, you're not listening. She needs to see you with another girl first.

I know it sounds petty, but here are the facts: (1) you will begin dating again sometime; (2) "It's too soon" is not a good excuse (heck, I gave you four more days to eradicate that "oh woe is me" symptom; (3) [in by best Matrix style] "dating women is like riding a bike - some have training wheels, and some are ten speeds, but remember - YOU RIDE THEM, not the converse. You are a stud. Remember, they're just women. Jus member not to dis dem too much 'cause you want dem around when you get in da mood;" (4) Halloween is fast approaching, but there's still time to order that french maid costume off the internet and have it delivered (if they're out of stock, ask about the "young Catholic schoolgirl outfit - you know, the one with the knee-high socks and saddle oxs); (5) you've been with this girl for a number of years. I'll bet there is someone else you know (of the female persuasion) who thinks you're pretty cool who wouldn't mind a casual, platonic date to a party. (6) If it's someone you know, she already knows about the breakup. She'll understand. Just do your best not to dwell on it. (7) If she knows your ex (yes, I'm calling her your "ex". Get used to it), she might have some insight on what happened; (8) You need an ego boost, and guess what? That's not a bad thing. The quicker you get one, the shorter period of time you'll spend dwelling on this; (9) You only got so many days on this planet. You owe it to yourself to keep the shitty days to a minimum.

I don't know how old you are, but to put it in Curt Shilling terms, you're barely bleeding yet. You still got productive innings in you. But don't take an inning or two off 'cause you'll miss something.

Three things are true in life:

(1) Couples TRYING to get pregnant CAN'T. When they quit "trying," they do. (Well, she does)

(2) People meet "the right one" at the most bizzare times in life. Call it a product of a disorderly world. Your life at this moment fits this description.

(3) Divorce lawyers think they know everything. And they can be long-winded. They really don't know everything. But I do.

Good luck ... and remember ... let's be careful out there.

(Why do I get that "happy face" instead of the number 8 ?)
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Looking on the bright side of things it could have been worse. Taking a storyline from an episode of Sex & The City; she could have broke up with you on a Post-It note.

Good luck on your future dealings with the ladies. Time heals all wounds.
Well, all wounds except headshots from long range distance with a sniper rifle. :)
sissyc

Post by sissyc »

More great lyrics for this topic!

USHER - Burn

I don't understand why,
See it's burning me to hold onto this,
I know this is something I gotta do,
But that don't mean I want to.
What I'm tryin' to say is that I-love-you.
I just feel like this is coming to an end,
And its better for me to let it go now,
Than to hold on and hurt you,
Ya' gotta' let it burn.

(Verse 1)
It's gonna burn for me to say this but it's coming from my heart
It's been a long time coming
But we done been fell apart
I really wanna work this out
But I don't think ya' gonna change
I do but you don't think its best we go our separate ways
Tell me why , I should stay in this relationship
When I'm hurtin' baby
I ain't happy baby
Plus there's so many other things I gotta deal with
I think that you should let it burn

(Chorus)
When the feeling ain't the same and your body don't want to
But you know
Gotta let it go
Cause' the party ain't jumpin' like it used to
Even though this might bruise you
Let it burn
Let it burn
Gotta let it burn
Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you
Hate the thought of her being with someone else
But you know that it's over
We know it was through
Let it burn (let it burn)
Let it burn (let it burn)
Gotta' let it burn

(Verse 2)
Sendin pages I ain't supposed to
Got somebody here but I want you
Cause the feeling ain't the same
Find myself callin' her your name
Ladies tell me do you understand?
Now all my fella's do you feel my pain?
It's the way I feel
I know I made a mistake
Now it's too late
I know she ain't comin' back
What I gotta' do now
To get my shorty back?(Ooh ooh ooh ooooh)
Man I don't know what I'm gonna do without my boo 0oh
You've been gone for too long
It's been fifty-leven days, um-teen hours
I'mma be burning to you return

(Chorus)

I'm twisted 'cause on side of me's tellin' me that I need to move on
On the other side I wanna' break down and cry (Ooooh)
I'm twisted 'cause one side me's tellin' me that I need to move on
On the other side I wanna' break down and cry (yeah)

Breakdown:
Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh(Can ya' feel me burnin'?)
Ooh ooh ooh ooh oooh ooh
So many days, so many hours
I'm still burnin 'till you return Ooh

(Chorus)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Nibblin' on sponge cake
Watching the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil