Bam Bam Bigelow Dead

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

CGMark

Bam Bam Bigelow Dead

Post by CGMark »

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/a ... 8950.shtml

Died this morning. linked for the news item.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

:(
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

jesus fuckin christ.

The first time I ever saw an ECW match was in Worcester around 1996.. Bam Bam Bigelow, like all the other wrestlers in ECW, had to use the public restrooms. I was drunk as fuck and Bam Bam came and used the urinal right next to mine.. he was even talking shit to the people in the bathroom, still in character. I thought that was fucking awesome.

Man.. pro wrestling has to be one of the most fucked up, under-regulated industries in the country. I don't know how he died.. but I bet it wasn't pretty. :(
Kev199

Post by Kev199 »

I remembered his wrestling. Fun to watch. Hard life though.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

He was my favorite wrestler in some SNES-era wrestling game I used to play.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I hate seeing all these guys I used to watch die at such early ages. What a shame.
KiloOhm

Post by KiloOhm »

Cesare wrote:jesus fuckin christ.

The first time I ever saw an ECW match was in Worcester around 1996.. Bam Bam Bigelow, like all the other wrestlers in ECW, had to use the public restrooms. I was drunk as fuck and Bam Bam came and used the urinal right next to mine.. he was even talking shit to the people in the bathroom, still in character. I thought that was fucking awesome.

Man.. pro wrestling has to be one of the most fucked up, under-regulated industries in the country. I don't know how he died.. but I bet it wasn't pretty. :(
I saw him wrestle King Kong Bundy (I'm pretty sure it was KKB anyway) in Worcester in the late 80s. Every time they collided the whole ring seemed to move.

I'm not a big wrestling fan (even back then) but he was entertaining.
Odin

Post by Odin »

The name is very familiar, but I can't picture this guy. Shame he died so young - sounds like he lived and played hard.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Even after reading the article and seeing his pic I dont know who he is. But Ive avoided wrastling since the 80s. I enjoyed it from around 1981-86. my days were filled with Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper, the Andersons, And Andre and the like.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Odin

Post by Odin »

You know, I still can't really picture him, either. Even with a, uh, picture. Odd, that. I was never a huge wrestling fan, but there was definitely a period in the mid-to-late 80s where I watched WWF somewhat regularly and knew all the players. There was at least one competing wrestling franchise that I didn't care for - the one on TBS as I recall. Maybe he was with that outfit.

Still a shame, either way.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Sith Lord wrote:You know, I still can't really picture him, either. Even with a, uh, picture. Odd, that. I was never a huge wrestling fan, but there was definitely a period in the mid-to-late 80s where I watched WWF somewhat regularly and knew all the players. There was at least one competing wrestling franchise that I didn't care for - the one on TBS as I recall. Maybe he was with that outfit.

Still a shame, either way.
He was WWF for a good while, but like everyone else I think he ultimately did some bouncing around. And while he wore that outfit for some time, I seem to recall not seeing him in it at one point (whether that was before or after he got big I have no idea).
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Aww, man. That sucks. He was an inspiration to my fat-kid ass back in the 80s. :cry:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Apparently he died in his sleep. :(

Pro wrestlers always tend to die way too young.
Hodor.
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

He was the guy that would do cartwheels as part of his move, if I remember correctly.
Isgrimnur

Re:

Post by Isgrimnur »

KiloOhm wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:07 am King Kong Bundy
Dead at 63
The death was announced by promoter and longtime friend David Herro. The cause of death and other details were not disclosed.

Mr. Bundy, whose real name was Christopher Pallies, began wrestling in the early 1980s. After early professional appearances as a rustic, rope-belted figure dubbed Big Daddy Bundy, he redefined his character, shaved his head and became known as King Kong Bundy.

The mountainous 6-foot-4 wrestler weighed about 460 pounds during his prime. His ring personality was loud and obnoxious, although other wrestlers considered Mr. Bundy one of the kindest and most generous members of their brotherhood.

During his heyday with the World Wrestling Federation (now WWE) in the 1980s, he was usually cast as a villainous opponent of featured wrestlers such as Hogan and Andre the Giant — one of the few wrestlers bigger than he was. In a match billed as the “Colossal Jostle,” Mr. Bundy wrestled Andre at Madison Square Garden in 1985. When Mr. Bundy’s tag-team partner, Big John Studd, came out of the locker room to attack Andre, Mr. Bundy lost by disqualification.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Re: Bam Bam Bigelow Dead

Post by Daehawk »

Another childhood memory gone. I remember back then Id see him and think he seemed sickly. I think it was because of his shape and look. I dont know now. I figured back then he'd die before the 80s were out. But he was younger than I thought back then and not sick. RIP. Died same age as my wife :(
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"