Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:44 am
pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 am AMC (the theatre chain) is up 200% premarket. This is when the Dow's implied open is -280 currently, Nasdaq is -100, S&P -40. Good grief.
It's ridiculous. That said, I picked up a few AMC this morning for shits and giggles. Already up 30%.
Make that 60%...
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:09 am
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:44 am
pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 am AMC (the theatre chain) is up 200% premarket. This is when the Dow's implied open is -280 currently, Nasdaq is -100, S&P -40. Good grief.
It's ridiculous. That said, I picked up a few AMC this morning for shits and giggles. Already up 30%.
Make that 60%...
I would love to know exactly how much money has been put into that stock, with the markets technically closed, to hit a 400% increase for that stock (or is it a stonk at this point?).
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I believe it's more of a STONK!! at this point.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

AMC halted.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:03 am For a guy who should be in the know...I feel like he is somehow missing the theme of the mood of the 'mob' right now.

Same reason FORD was up when WSB was pumping F.

Same reason SIGL was up when Musk was pumping Signal.

All my platforms are laggy and/or unreachable for live quotes morning via app. On PC web they're fine.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 amAll my platforms are laggy and/or unreachable for live quotes morning via app. On PC web they're fine.
Same for me on ToS.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:03 am For a guy who should be in the know...I feel like he is somehow missing the theme of the mood of the 'mob' right now.
Wow. He's taking the mob's attack on CNBC for giving voice to hedgefund managers and the conspiracy theorist insanity personally at this point and he seems smarter than that. Right or wrong, it won't go well for him to engage like this.

TDAmeritrade is very unstable this morning.
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:08 am Uh, I'm not sure anyone on the WSB mob would say this is working due to a sophisticated approach.
The "leaders" would say they are using sophisticated models but then state they "are not giving financial advice, do your diligence." But the YOLOers that follow them would say they are 2.2 million voices (so as not to use the word ILB would ban me for) with a $600 check using brute force to [fill in cause here]

I wish I had more time to follow this. I am :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: and I also wish I had money to speculate on the :pop: :pop: :pop: cause I would have been right there with you on BB this morning... And only made 10% unless I was getting a YOLO vibe from the crowd. I also would have been reviewing all the short lists from my link above.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Edit - That's not even all the halt/restart action from *checks notes* the past 36 minutes.

TSLA earnings today, and it's but a side note.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Not really active trading but I made a big rollover deposit today into 2 of my accounts. The money will have been out of the market from Monday until I suppose tomorrow or Friday. I'm thinking...maybe it isn't a bad time to be in cash for a few days.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

KOSS is at $17, touched $24 premarket. Fuck.

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:05 am Image

Edit - That's not even all the halt/restart action from *checks notes* the past 36 minutes.
https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=TradeHalts

See all LDUPs and Ms.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Someone I know just bought 3.42 (you guessed it, on Robinhood) shares of GME at around $300, thinking it's gonna hit $1000.

Also in stocks I actually own, SIRI is up 22% this week for reasons I don't fully understand.
Last edited by pr0ner on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The algos have achieved sentience. They are fighting the STONK!

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

lolz. I closed the AMC position at a meager profit because this shit is just too ridiculous and distracting.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ack. Got out IRM in late DEC because they seemed like could be candidate for instability, high shorts, and an unsustainable dividend. Who knew that would their greatest strength in late January?

Welcome to Whose Stonk is it Anyway, where and price is made up and the valuations don't matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is the peak of the insanity that got me to quit any active trading late last year. This is like playing hold'em poker against a steady stream of people betting all-in every hand.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 am This is the peak of the insanity that got me to quit any active trading late last year. This is like playing hold'em poker against a steady stream of people betting all-in every hand.
The sad part is that a lot (most?) of these WSBers are apparently holding on for the moon, and will thus likely lose most/all of these gains. Definitely a 'pigs get slaughtered' situation.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am
malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 am This is the peak of the insanity that got me to quit any active trading late last year. This is like playing hold'em poker against a steady stream of people betting all-in every hand.
The sad part is that a lot (most?) of these WSBers are apparently holding on for the moon, and will thus likely lose most/all of these gains. Definitely a 'pigs get slaughtered' situation.
In order to make money, you need the bigger sucker.

Remember when everyone said that millennials would never gamble in the markets because they saw the housing bubble and subsequent crash? They were experiential and not material? Smarter than their parents?

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah, I can't imagine "the market" appreciates this "frothiness" and that more and more money is going to find ways to take profits from this chaos and then exit. If I weren't already part of the increased options problem with my covered calls, I'd be exiting positions faster. But there's no way in hell I'm buying calls back at these prices. My calls, which almost all were priced to never get striked, total for about 10% - value on my positions. You want my portfolio at a 10% premium? Take it. My fear is that so much havok is reached that it goes south so quick, I'm left holding the bag. But the fear isn't too bad. My intent was to buy and hold 90%+ of the value of the stocks I have. They'll bounce back before I need (or should) after rug is pulled out.
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am Remember when everyone said that millennials would never gamble in the markets because they saw the housing bubble and subsequent crash? They were experiential and not material? Smarter than their parents?
I think this mass is post millennial, Gen Z? Like my nephew, who is like 22 now. I'm sure he is loving the ride and I'm sure he's knee deep in reddit and twitch streaming and discord and... He's military and a young 20something and rode paychecks converted into bitcoin up and down and up and down. I'd love to hear what he's been doing. I don't doubt for a second he's part of the shoot for the moon euphoria.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am

Remember when everyone said that millennials would never gamble in the markets because they saw the housing bubble and subsequent crash? They were experiential and not material? Smarter than their parents?
Yeah - I wonder how big a slice out of the millennials actually is. They are a pretty big cohort. This is close to a P&R take but it is almost is a sort of nihilism. Nothing matters so why not fuck around and see what happens.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Bankrupt company Blockbuster, which was trading at $0.006 on Monday, is now trading at $0.12.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:37 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am

Yeah - I wonder how big a slice out of the millennials actually is. They are a pretty big cohort. This is close to a P&R take but it is almost is a sort of nihilism. Nothing matters so why not fuck around and see what happens.
Almost? Pretty sure it's the guiding principle. YOLO is their mantra.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

KOSS 34.18. From LB's link, LUDP 5x in 30 minutes. EXPR similar. $10.41 up $7.37.
Express shares are trading higher amid continued momentum driven by retail investor interest in the stock.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

KOSS $36. Approaching $100K missed by selling about 30 mins before they went all in. Though if I'm being honest, I'd probably have sold most before it hit $10 and would at most be sitting on 1,000 shares now.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:30 pm KOSS $36. Approaching $100K missed by selling about 30 mins before they went all in. Though if I'm being honest, I'd probably have sold most before it hit $10 and would at most be sitting on 1,000 shares now.
Well, suddenly I feel better about not optimizing my AMD close. :)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:30 pm KOSS $36. Approaching $100K missed by selling about 30 mins before they went all in. Though if I'm being honest, I'd probably have sold most before it hit $10 and would at most be sitting on 1,000 shares now.
It hurts but I feel fine not factoring in WSB into my investment decisions.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:52 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm
It hurts but I feel fine not factoring in WSB into my investment decisions.
That is the objectively correct attitude to take.
malchior

Post by malchior »

TD says enough and is cracking down on GME trades.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 pm TD says enough and is cracking down on GME trades.
Out of curiosity, what are they cracking down on, and for what purported unacceptable behavior?

The GME stuff may be crazy, but there's nothing wrong with it legally. Ethically, it's no different from what market makers and 'analysts' do on a daily basis.
malchior

Post by malchior »

It isn't clear what the action is yet. Just came across the wire. Unless it is fraud or activity designed to harm the platform there is nothing for them to do but execute IMO.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Tee hee hee...

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

BofA just adjusted GME price target from $1.60 to $10. Pissing in a thunderstorm.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:11 pm Tee hee hee...

Nice. Or maybe they just shouldn't buy Starbuck's every morning.

Normally when the value of my equities goes down, the negative value of my covered calls goes up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the down. Not today. Both are down.

Edit:

This is amazing to watch. The crazy high prices of stocks dropping concurrent with the crazy high call prices continuing to rise. Is that busted AIs or busted people?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:11 pm Tee hee hee...

Nice. Or maybe they just shouldn't buy Starbuck's every morning.

Normally when the value of my equities goes down, the negative value of my covered calls goes up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the down. Not today. Both are down.

Edit:

This is amazing to watch. The crazy high prices of stocks dropping concurrent with the crazy high call prices continuing to rise. Is that busted AIs or busted people?
Neither. It's crazy implied volatility. I mentioned it yesterday, a friend had GME puts and when GME went to crazy the value of his puts also went up. Not normal but not broken.

Someone posted a straddle that was profitable for a GME price anywhere between $6 and $250 or something like that.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Reading some reddit at lunch. I kinda dig on their scathing sarcastic anti hedge fund battle cry: "WE LIKE THE STOCK" I don't so much dig on their demands on each other to stay in line. The organic unity is a thing of beauty. The angry calls for it, almost as an entitlement, not so much.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:03 pm TD says enough and is cracking down on GME trades.
On my page now
Security impacts related to market conditions

In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC and other securities. We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors.
That is the sound of Robinhood picking up market share, I suspect.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Someone just messaged me that the focus might be shifting onto Build-A-Bear now.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

It's interesting that they don't detail the restrictions. I see increased margin requirements which makes sense. Other than that I'm not sure what they're doing.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 pm Someone just messaged me that the focus might be shifting onto Build-A-Bear now.
Funny, I saw that by chance and laughed yesterday when I was looking up where BB was going.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 pm Someone just messaged me that the focus might be shifting onto Build-A-Bear now.
My God, it's up 56% right now. BUILD A BEAR!!! :D

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?

Volume 4,018,204
Avg. Volume 161,293

Paging Mr. Robot
malchior

Post by malchior »

Someone at work linked me to a site scraper for reddit investment threads and scores them. It is unfortunately on my work computer and I can't get the link without manually eyescraping it over. In any case, it appears they are attacking large short positions in retail which makes sense. They've been all shorted to hell. However, eventually people are going to sell out of these positions and may find there isn't anyone buying and the prices will just collapse. It's madness.