OJ Simpson

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

msduncan

OJ Simpson

Post by msduncan »

is an idiot.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I can't believe he's still making money signing autographs. What kind of people want to support him by paying for his autograph?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

dbt1949 wrote:I can't believe he's still making money signing autographs. What kind of people want to support him by paying for his autograph?
Well, people paid a lot for John Wayne Gacy's sad clown paintings. It's the same instinct that makes people shop at Hot Topic.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Yep, he is. Anyone heard about this recent episode with him robbing someone in Las Vegas? Claiming it was a sting to recover memoribilia? He's getting desperate for money.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Quipp

Post by Quipp »

I can't take credit for it but this image made me chuckle:

tgb

Post by tgb »

I hope this latest arrest doesn't impede this search for the real killers.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Odin

Post by Odin »

tgb wrote:I hope this latest arrest doesn't impede this search for the real killers.
LMAO - I'd forgotten about that!

OJ's a moron - he literally got away with murder and could easily have lived the rest of his life in quiet solitude and been damn grateful. But he has never believed that the law applies to him and he gets to do whatever he wants - he can beat his wives, assault fellow sportscasters, kill people, rob people, whatever he wants. He's OJ, dammit!

I hope he finally goes to jail where he belongs, and that the primary evidence against him is his own big fat yap on CNN.

Sith
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Oops... (How) I Did It Again!
Odin

Post by Odin »

Clanwolfer wrote:Oops... (How) I Did It Again!
Don't give the fucker any ideas.
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

Not a Jew!
But guess who is,
Hall of Famer Rod Carew!
(He converted.)
pengo

Post by pengo »

Well if the glove fits.
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

Held without bail. Judge knows something or wants to prove a point.
DArtagnan

Post by DArtagnan »

LEAVE OJ ALONE!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(j/k)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Mr. Fed wrote:Well, people paid a lot for John Wayne Gacy's sad clown paintings. It's the same instinct that makes people shop at Hot Topic.
What? Hot Topic is the only place you can get things like a Gir car air freshener.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

LordMortis wrote:
Mr. Fed wrote:Well, people paid a lot for John Wayne Gacy's sad clown paintings. It's the same instinct that makes people shop at Hot Topic.
What? Hot Topic is the only place you can get things like a Gir car air freshener.
I love telling all the "punks" that Hot Topic is owned by the same company as The Gap. :twisted:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

What the hell is Hot Topic? (I haven't set foot in a mall in about 6 years)

Juice, why are you so dumb? Are you trying to out-crazy Michael Jackson?
There is no hug button. Sad!
Kadoth Nodens

Post by Kadoth Nodens »

killbot737 wrote:What the hell is Hot Topic? (I haven't set foot in a mall in about 6 years)
It's a Hot Pocket specialty store. You can get all sorts of weird flavors you can't buy at the supermarket. My favorite is Watermellon.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

killbot737 wrote:What the hell is Hot Topic? (I haven't set foot in a mall in about 6 years)

Juice, why are you so dumb? Are you trying to out-crazy Michael Jackson?
They were around six years ago. (I step in a mall once to twice a year if I am unlucky) They are the modern equivalent to a "T's N Things" except they try to appeal specifically to the Gothic kids (who hang out at malls?) So picture a Noir Leather if had it's fingers on the pulse pop culture, had cheaper (in cost and quality) and more mass produced stuff, and sold TShirts. It's like if they took all of the Royal Oak of your youth and squished into a marketable cardboard box mall store.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I always laugh when I walk by our local Hot Topic (which I've never been inside). They always have chains and spider webs and crap in the display windows, sort of like a Spencer's Halloween display exploded.

What I find funny is the clothes look like something a bunch of white-collar 50-year olds think would be cool based on market research. "Ooh, a skull with bat wings. That's cool, right? Kids like skulls, they like bat wings - this is a license to print money!"
Bob

Post by Bob »

YellowKing wrote:I always laugh when I walk by our local Hot Topic (which I've never been inside).
They also have geek stuff. It's not all goth.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
fancydirt

Post by fancydirt »

The thing I hate most about Hot Topic is that they carry things that actually appeal to me (like the above mentioned GIR merchandise) even though most everything else in the store is awful.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Bob wrote:
YellowKing wrote:I always laugh when I walk by our local Hot Topic (which I've never been inside).
Do geeks now have "stuff" in terms of fashionable attire? I thought that the lack of conscious thought with respect to attire was a significant factor in what made a geek a geek.
fancydirt

Post by fancydirt »

Sith Lord wrote:Do geeks now have "stuff" in terms of fashionable attire? I thought that the lack of conscious thought with respect to attire was a significant factor in what made a geek a geek.
It's been co-opted by pop culture. Some people now put a great deal of effort into looking like they've put no effort into their appearance.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Sith Lord wrote:
Bob wrote:
Do geeks now have "stuff" in terms of fashionable attire? I thought that the lack of conscious thought with respect to attire was a significant factor in what made a geek a geek.
Jinx Haute!
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
Odin

Post by Odin »

SpaceLord wrote:
Sith Lord wrote:
Bob wrote:
Jinx Haute!
Hah! Ok, now I get it! Some of those T-shirts aren't half bad. I wish I could find more stuff that's "business casual" that I could wear to work. I wanted to buy a klingon-logo polo shirt when I was in Vegas, but they were out of my size and on clearance. I'd also love to get the BSG logo embroidered on a dress shirt, but I'm unsure of the quality for what it would likely cost. :(

Sith
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

The cover of "If I Did It," now that the Goldman family owns the rights:

Over here.
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

Tareeq wrote:The cover of "If I Did It," now that the Goldman family owns the rights:

Very clever use of graphic design there.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Brian

Post by Brian »

YellowKing wrote: "Ooh, a skull with bat wings. That's cool, right? Kids like skulls, they like bat wings - this is a license to print money!"

My youngest daughter is a big fan and has several of their T-Shirts.

I guess I'm a fan too but now a days I get most of my apparel from vendor booths at trade shows.

I'm sad now. :(
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

<points at Amish Warlord> HA HA!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I still find it disquieting that people want memorabilia from disgraced or criminal figures.
Of course I still have my collection of gook ears from Viet Nam.

Sorry, probably a bad joke.

Probably.

Funny tho.

Maybe.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

SpaceLord wrote:
Sith Lord wrote:
Bob wrote:
Jinx Haute!
I am so getting this shirt:

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

HEY!

My Futurama T-Shirt came from Hot Topic.

I love my Futurama T-Shirt.

Too bad they were sold out of F-Shirts.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Isgrimnur

Re: OJ Simpson

Post by Isgrimnur »

Paroled
Former US football star and actor OJ Simpson has been granted parole after nine years in a Nevada prison.

"Thank you!" said the 70-year-old, bowing his head as the board approved him for release.

Simpson ... has been serving time for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and 10 other charges.

He is set to walk free in October after being convicted of a 2007 confrontation at a Las Vegas hotel.
He and a group of five others stormed into a hotel room to confront two sports-memorabilia collectors and seize items that he claimed belonged to him from his career.
On Thursday, Bruce Fromong, who one of Simpson's victims in the robbery, testified in favour of his release.

"I've known OJ for a long time," said Mr Fromong. "I don't feel that he's a threat to anyone.
In 2013 the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners granted him parole on some of his convictions, but for not the more violent charges.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

"I've known OJ for a long time," said Mr Fromong. "I don't feel that he's a threat to anyone.
"Well, anyone who is still alive, anyway," he added.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I didn't think there was a chance he wouldn't get paroled. He's served his time for the crime for which he was convicted. I'll be interested to see what post-prison life is like for him.
tgb

Post by tgb »

McNutt wrote:I didn't think there was a chance he wouldn't get paroled. He's served his time for the crime for which he was convicted. I'll be interested to see what post-prison life is like for him.
I imagine he'll be resuming his search for the real killers of Nicole & Ron.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

McNutt wrote:I didn't think there was a chance he wouldn't get paroled. He's served his time for the crime for which he was convicted. I'll be interested to see what post-prison life is like for him.
He's now eligible for his NFL and SAG pensions worth millions of dollars.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Wasn't he sentenced originally for 33 years? But the documentary OJ: Made in America made it seem that sentence was clearly way longer than the crime deserved.
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Right, but parole after 9 years is acceptable to me for that particular crime and good behavior in prison.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Moliere wrote:
He's now eligible for his NFL and SAG pensions worth millions of dollars.
He played in the 70's, his NFL pension is likely barely above the poverty line.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range