[Web Comics] Nooooooooooooo!!!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

[Web Comics] Nooooooooooooo!!!

Post by Bakhtosh »

I hate it when you've been reading the backlog of a new webcomic for several days...it's been wonderful to just hit the Next button and get the whole story as you go along. You're so happy that you didn't have to read this one page at a time like the rest of the suckers out there. Then, one day, you get to a page that has no "Next" link, and it slowly dawns on you that you're current, and now you'll have to just wait for updates like the rest of the suckers out there.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php

:(
sigh...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Al

At least it's not dragging on like Sluggy Freelance

Post by Al »

It's worse when you know that it's never, ever going to update again.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

When I started reading Girl Genius it was separated into two storylines, so that took a bit of time to get the hang of since they were both updated on the same days. I think those caught up with eachother and were combined some time earlier this year, so I'd imagine it's a bit more reader-friendly these days, even if it seems to progress a lot slower.
Chaosraven

Re: [Web Comics] Nooooooooooooo!!!

Post by Chaosraven »

Bakhtosh wrote:I hate it when you've been reading the backlog of a new webcomic for several days...it's been wonderful to just hit the Next button and get the whole story as you go along. You're so happy that you didn't have to read this one page at a time like the rest of the suckers out there. Then, one day, you get to a page that has no "Next" link, and it slowly dawns on you that you're current, and now you'll have to just wait for updates like the rest of the suckers out there.
This is why I like to forget I read stuff... to catch up on them.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I did the same thing about a month ago with Order of the Stick.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Bakhtosh wrote:I hate it when you've been reading the backlog of a new webcomic for several days...it's been wonderful to just hit the Next button and get the whole story as you go along. You're so happy that you didn't have to read this one page at a time like the rest of the suckers out there. Then, one day, you get to a page that has no "Next" link, and it slowly dawns on you that you're current, and now you'll have to just wait for updates like the rest of the suckers out there.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php

:(
sigh...
Consider yourself lucky. I was reading this when it first came out in comic book format and you got a new issue every three months or so. This format is awesome compared to that!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

What web comics are you following these days?

I'm caught up on OOTS. It updates so infrequently that I read it for like 20 minutes every 3-4 months.

I was enjoying HijiNKS ENSUE until it came to a screeching halt mid-story. It stopped updating in 2015. That one took a while to draw me in, but made me LOL several times toward the end.

A few days ago I started octopus pie, which isn't as good as its name but isn't bad, either. I'm 100 strips in. It's 2008 and I don't know if/when it stops.

Any recommendations along similar lines? I did bookmark Girl Genius based on this thread, but haven't started reading it yet.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The only webcomic that has stuck with me over the years has been Questionable Content. A big reason for that is it's consistency, as it's been updated every single weekday since 2003. :shock: Currently on episode 4031, as of today.

It starts with the everyday exploits of a group of college-aged slackers (and their robot) in a small New England town, and has gone through a pretty awesome exploration of how their lives, careers, and relationships have changed and evolved over the course of a decade. When looked at as a whole, it's actually a quite remarkable piece of work.

The art style at the beginning is quite rough, but gets significantly better as it progresses. If you're looking for something that will keep you busy for a while and is still updating on a very regular basis, QC is a very solid option.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

That's just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the recommendation.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Kraken wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:12 pm A few days ago I started octopus pie, which isn't as good as its name but isn't bad, either. I'm 100 strips in. It's 2008 and I don't know if/when it stops.
It ended in 2017.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Webcomic Name ("oh no") legal fund Gofundme

I've been enjoying this absurdist parody of webcomics for years, mostly on Facebook. Apparently, an unscrupulous board game publisher, Golden Bell, ripped off creator Alex Norris after entering into an agreement to produce a board game based on their comic. More info on Reddit.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Kraken wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:12 pm A few days ago I started octopus pie, which isn't as good as its name but isn't bad, either. I'm 100 strips in. It's 2008 and I don't know if/when it stops.
New Octopus Pie.