Name that Octopod - Chicago OctoCON Edition (NF56K)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zarathud

Name that Octopod - Chicago OctoCON Edition (NF56K)

Post by Zarathud »

While this site was submerged, the Octopus Overlords gathered around the Chicago gaming proving grounds (the "OctoCON") thanks to the efforts of hentzau. It's time to play...name that Octopod! Or just add your own caption!

#1 Arkham Horror (aka there's a tentacle in my eye)

#2 Game of Thrones (aka grin and bear it)

#3 Game of Thrones (aka more victims for snow)
Last edited by Zarathud on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Re: Name that Octopod - Chicago OctoCON Edition (NF56K)

Post by Zarathud »

#4 Last Night on Earth (aka don't touch that card)

#5 Last Night on Earth (aka don't taunt the kid)

#6 Roborally (aka robots are confusing)

#7 Roborally (aka cue evil laughter)
Last edited by Zarathud on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

#8 Age of Mythology (aka the illuminated JeffV)

#9 Fury of Dracula (aka where's Dracula?)

The Elk Grove Irregulars -- Tommeh to the left playing Dracula, with his 4 friends as the hapless victims. Trust me, Tommeh cheats. It's either that or Tommeh can read my tells so well that he can tell what I had for lunch yesterday in this game.

#10 Warrior Knights (aka you can never have enough game bits)
The sun sets on yet another learning game. I badly want to play a full game, since it has almost all the classic Fantasy Flight mechanics in one game!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

#11 Wings of War (aka and God smacketh thy airplane)

#12 Wings of War (aka Brits don't need no stinking formation)
Like I can say anything, I don't think my plane is even in this picture! Damn you, Red Baron!

#13 The Hair (aka needs no introductions)

#14 Race for the Galaxy (aka I pinch your little tokens)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Looks like a good time was had by all!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Why does CR look so sleepy in that first picture? :?

:twisted:
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jeff V wrote:Why does CR look so sleepy in that first picture? :?

The real question revolves around the fact that you got him drunk.......... :shock: :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I have a bunch more pics to add to this. I'll try and get them done today. Cause, I'm lazy and stuff.

But yeah, it was a lot of fun. We'll need to do it again this fall.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Jeff V wrote:Why does CR look so sleepy in that first picture? :?

The real question revolves around the fact that you got him drunk.......... :shock: :twisted:
(!) :shock:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
ScubaV

Post by ScubaV »

I was wondering if these pictures would surface. I'm the guy in the black "I pwn noobs" hoodie.
You are a noob. I pwn noobs.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

And once more, I'm disappointed that I missed this. Me, you suck.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

In picture #2 Game of Thrones, I'm sitting behind the guy in the black hood. Or maybe that's the back of my head near the kitchen getting food.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I love the pained look on JeffV's face on the front right in #2. I understood he took a brutal beating in that play of Game of Thrones.

Of course, it was from snow -- who I'll out as the grinning fool in #2 next to JeffV, and the plotter standing up on the left in #3 (and standing up during a board game is LARPing!). Do not trust snow in any game of back-stabbing skullduggery. Or at least trust him less than me. :ninja:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bad Demographic wrote:In picture #2 Game of Thrones, I'm sitting behind the guy in the black hood. Or maybe that's the back of my head near the kitchen getting food.
In picture #2 Game of Thrones, I'm the guy in the black hood. With the bald head in case there was confusion regarding to many people in black hoodies. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Zarathud wrote:I love the pained look on JeffV's face on the front right in #2. I understood he took a brutal beating in that play of Game of Thrones.

Of course, it was from snow -- who I'll out as the grinning fool in #2 next to JeffV, and the plotter standing up on the left in #3 (and standing up during a board game is LARPing!). Do not trust snow in any game of back-stabbing skullduggery. Or at least trust him less than me. :ninja:
What I don't understand is how that wolf got the sheep to do his bidding before they too became a tasty snack. Apparently, it was blatantly obvious to no one besides me. :?
Black Lives Matter