Bigfoot Body Found - Truth or Hoax

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Evil Dead

Re: Bigfoot Body Found - Truth or Hoax

Post by The Evil Dead »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
WYBaugh wrote:First DNA sample was human, the second was 96% opossum.
What's the other 4%?
Yeah, 96% opossum is not very much opossum at all. Hell, we're 50% banana.

Wrong. You're part eggplant.
Listen to the Eels
Hispanicgamer

Post by Hispanicgamer »

The thing that I'm baffled by is that law enforcement hasn't said anything. Something that looks humanlike and isn't checked out by the cops? Maybe these guys are in deep country and the local constable has other fish to fry. :wink:
But heck you kin get a nice Hat, Tee Shirt and Coffee Mug at the same website!
Now Playing:
MoH, Amnesia, Self
"Work to Live, Live to Play"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

You know I was wondering what the hell the point of this was and now we have a answer. Apparently they took a bunch of money and ran. How stupid do you have to be to give them money up front? Cripes..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406101,00.html" target="_blank
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Octavious230 wrote:You know I was wondering what the hell the point of this was and now we have a answer. Apparently they took a bunch of money and ran. How stupid do you have to be to give them money up front? Cripes..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406101,00.html" target="_blank
At the bottom of that page:
• Click here to read the sad story in its entirety on SearchingforBigfoot.com.

• Click here to start your own Bigfoot hoax.
:D
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Turns out it was just a rubber gorilla suit. What a stupid hoax.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It was one of those cases where it was so unbelievably stupid a hoax, I could not believe someone would actually do it. Never underestimate human stupidity I guess.
flycatcher

Post by flycatcher »

Cost one of the idiots his job

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story ... 5&catid=40" target="_blank
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Yeah, when I read the article and saw on of them was a cop, my first thought was, LAWSUIT!

And I mean lawsuit by the ex-cop as soon as he's gonna get fired. Moron.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Austin

Post by Austin »

flycatcher wrote:Cost one of the idiots his job

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story ... 5&catid=40" target="_blank
"He was a real go-getter," Turner said, citing Whitton's wounding in the line of duty earlier this summer while apprehending a suspect who had allegedly shot a woman in the head. "For someone to do a complete three-sixty like that, I can't explain it."

Wouldn't a 360 have him just being the way he was from the start? :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why, yes . . . yes it would.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

http://altereddimensions.net/2014/elder ... -in-swamps

This sounds believable. If you can't trust an old woman in the swamp telling you a bigfoot story ...
No sig, must scream, etc.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
It began, as it so often does, with a glimpse. Something tall. Something hairy. Something that left footprints too big to be human.

Whatever it was, the spotting was more than enough to get Peter Byrne on the scene. It was the mid-1970s and Byrne had already made a name for himself as one of the world’s most prominent researchers of Bigfoot.
When Byrne arrived, he noticed the trees stood close together — far too narrow a space for something with broad shoulders and big feet to make a clean egress. And there, between three and five feet off the ground, snagged in the bark, he spotted the tuft of hair and piece of skin he hoped would bring him one step closer to his idée fixe, the sasquatch itself, a towering hominid of North American lore.

Byrne bagged the sample and had it delivered to the FBI. In one letter to the bureau, he asked if an agent could “arrange for a comparative analysis of some hairs that we have here which we are unable to identify.” In another, he stressed the urgency of the inquiry: “Please understand that our research here is serious. That this is a serious question that needs answering.”

He never heard back. Until Wednesday, when the bureau released its four-decade-old Bigfoot files.
“Occasionally, on a case-by-case basis, in the interest of research and scientific inquiry, we make exceptions to this general policy,” Cochran wrote in a Dec. 15, 1976, letter that was addressed to Byrne, but apparently never reached him. “With this understanding, we will examine the hairs and tissue mentioned in your letter.”

Just a few months later, Cochran sent another letter. He had the results.

On Feb. 24, 1977, he wrote that the FBI had examined the sample “by transmitted and incident light microscopy,” which included “a study of morphological characteristics such as root structure, medullary structure and cuticle thickness in addition to scale casts.”

And, after all that: “It was concluded as a result of these examinations that the hairs are of deer family origin.” Deer family origin.

With those three words, delivered 40 years late, Cochran tied a few hopeful loose ends into a disheartening bow.

“We’re just finding this out,” Byrne, who is now 93 years old, said. “It’s disappointing.”
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its the gov. At least he didn't have to sit on hold at the phone .
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

I assume we're at the end of Bigfoot, Nessie, etc sightings now that literally everyone goes everywhere with a high-quality movie camera in their pocket.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm I assume we're at the end of Bigfoot, Nessie, etc sightings now that literally everyone goes everywhere with a high-quality movie camera in their pocket.
My battery was dead! There was no service! I locked my phone in the car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Holman wrote:I assume we're at the end of Bigfoot, Nessie, etc sightings now that literally everyone goes everywhere with a high-quality movie camera in their pocket.
My brother and I were actually discussing this exact topic on a road trip this past weekend. IE - how it seemed that cryptid sightings were decreasing as cameras got better. I've been listening to a humongous 5-part discussion of the Patterson-Gimlin film on the Astonishing Legends podcast, so we were debating that.

The Loch Ness Monster, in particular, seems to be a "dead" cryptid. That big scan they did of the entire loch which turned up nothing essentially put a nail in that coffin.

If you ever want to read a great skeptical guide to cryptids, check out Abominable Science by Daniel Loxton. It puts forth some of the most convincing arguments against Bigfoot's existence that I've ever read.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 pmit seemed that cryptid sightings were decreasing as cameras got better... The Loch Ness Monster, in particular, seems to be a "dead" cryptid. That big scan they did of the entire loch which turned up nothing essentially put a nail in that coffin.
So Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura had it right. Technology ruins magic.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Holman wrote:
The Loch Ness Monster, in particular, seems to be a "dead" cryptid. That big scan they did of the entire loch which turned up nothing essentially put a nail in that coffin.
It's OK, Champy is still real! Why else would we name our sports team after him?

morlac

Post by morlac »

Holman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm I assume we're at the end of Bigfoot, Nessie, etc sightings now that literally everyone goes everywhere with a high-quality movie camera in their pocket.
Maybe?

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/loch-ness- ... ific-study
Montag

Post by Montag »

words
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

That's bullshit. Everybody knows Squatch wears deerskin clothes. He's real alright.