Order of the Stick - General Discussion

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Fitzy

Re: Order of the Stick - General Discussion

Post by Fitzy »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:28 pm
Fitzy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:25 pm I suspected it was coming, but it still hits right in the heart.
Spoiler:
I'm glad that they didn't go with the "kumbaya" / everything is fine wrap up for Durkula (redeemed Durkula rejoining the party), especially since it wouldn't have been credible for the OotS to ever trust him again. And the quiet self-sacrifice is well done and very Durkon.
Yeah. I’ve enjoyed Rich’s story for a while, but this was well done story telling.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I must be a few years behind...I have no idea where to start up again.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:42 pm I must be a few years behind...I have no idea where to start up again.
What's the last thing you remember? You could always start at 634 to get your bearings.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:47 pm
hentzau wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:42 pm I must be a few years behind...I have no idea where to start up again.
What's the last thing you remember? You could always start at 634 to get your bearings.
Um. The last thing I remember was the desert story line. The dwarf had been turned into a vampire. That's about all of the reference I can grab ahold of.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm
Um. The last thing I remember was the desert story line. The dwarf had been turned into a vampire. That's about all of the reference I can grab ahold of.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:12 pm
hentzau wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm past that point for sure, but it's a good starting point.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:shock:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Yowsa...

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Doooom!!!!!!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

1150 up to end the year.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

I may not always be happy with the speed at which OotS is posted--Give me MORE!--but I think it is one of the longest works in any medium that has stayed consistently good throughout. Bravo to Rich!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

1154. :pop:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Spoiler:
I like how the method of getting the special hammer involved highlighting the letters for "Loki sucks" on Thor's statue inscription.
Black Lives Matter.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:31 pm
Spoiler:
I like how the method of getting the special hammer involved highlighting the letters for "Loki sucks" on Thor's statue inscription.
Haha! I saw that, too. Interested to see exactly what that thing is capable of. Also, regarding the world
Spoiler:
inside the rift, I know I can't be the only one that recognized Earth as the planet Durkon mentions in #1150, and Thor and Odin have no idea what he's talking "aboot". Has anyone ever put together a guess as to why? Any speculation?
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hyena wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Spoiler:
Haha! I saw that, too. Interested to see exactly what that thing is capable of. Also, regarding the world
Spoiler:
inside the rift, I know I can't be the only one that recognized Earth as the planet Durkon mentions in #1150, and Thor and Odin have no idea what he's talking "aboot". Has anyone ever put together a guess as to why? Any speculation?
Spoiler:
I haven't looked back at the strip where they see the planet in awhile - that planet is basically inside the Snarl's plane, right? Might make sense that the Gods can't see it if they can't approach the Snarl without risking annihilation.
Black Lives Matter.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:51 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:47 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I haven't looked back at the strip where they see the planet in awhile - that planet is basically inside the Snarl's plane, right? Might make sense that the Gods can't see it if they can't approach the Snarl without risking annihilation.
Spoiler:
Yeah, that's the one. It makes me wonder if Earth is the CAUSE of the snarl somehow. A non-magical world moving from plane to plane, somehow snuffing out all magic, and thus life, from each new world created.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I asked my oldest daughter what words Thor would use as his password. She figured it out in three tries!

:wub:
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The latest comic seems way too close to our own Senate right now. Sigh.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1168.html
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Owch! Time to get eaten by a monster or thrown into the Fiery Pits.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

On hiatus for the next two months, so no time like the present to get caught up.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.