Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Yep got all those.

And Drazz has such a better life than me it cheers me up to read his bright themed threads :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

Baby slept through the night for the first time ever (and he's over nine months old now).

Well he did get up at 6, ate, and went back to sleep till 8-ish.

This of course means that he will be up three times tonight. :lol:
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 pm Yep got all those.
I'm glad you can see it! It means that when you feel that way, it's because you have an illness, an illness that is treatable. Without treatment, it controls you and keeps things like they are. Consider this: When you think back to the Golden Days (and you do that a lot), you aren't remembering when you were younger, or when the games were better. You're remembering back to when you didn't have the illness.

Now consider that you can get rid of the illness and go back to what made those days so great. Get help. It is how you choose between miserable on the couch and having the kind of fun you used to have.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I did try brain meds a year or so. Always made me feel sick or weird. Worse than without. One..think it was Trazadone....made me sleep more.

This got worse when they took away my Tramadol. Had been on it 7 years and they removed it. It had a mood enhancer in it. Not been the same since.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:39 pm I did try brain meds a year or so. Always made me feel sick or weird. Worse than without. One..think it was Trazadone....made me sleep more.

This got worse when they took away my Tramadol. Had been on it 7 years and they removed it. It had a mood enhancer in it. Not been the same since.
Two points: First, most people will tell you that 'brain meds' are a process, not a single solution. Sometimes you have to try several different medications at different dosages to find the one that helps. Along the way you may very well bump into one that makes it worse. It's important to take it as prescribed, and to discuss its effects - help or harm - with the doctor who prescribed it.

Second, the meds aren't a cure. They aren't the whole solution. They can help when taken alongside actual person-on-person treatment, but both elements are vital, especially early in the treatment.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/hermi ... 1708666356

Cool how small the old 'big' ships are.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm not sure but aren't those both frigates?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:54 pm I'm not sure but aren't those both frigates?
If you aren't sure how the hell are we supposed to know?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

The modern vessel is something in the frigate/cruiser/destroyer range.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You folks are helpless without me.

Jalopnik (2015)
In what is truly a spectacular sight to behold, the American Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer USS Mitscher (DDG-57) welcomed the French Concorde Class Frigate replica Hermione off the East Coast of the U.S. yesterday. The Hermione had just completed a cross Atlantic journey as part of her mission of goodwill and historical education.
The original Hermione’s main claim to fame, beyond fighting valiantly in multiple battles, was that she transported French General and key supporter of American independence Marquis de Lafayette to America in 1780. There, Lafayette met with his close friend General George Washington and formally announced that France would massively increase support for the United States which remained mired in an increasingly bloody Revolutionary War with British.

This war pledge included much needed material, soldiers and ships. Thus, the Hermione is a gorgeous monument to the Franco-American bond that helped bring victory at the Battle of Yorktown and a symbol of a tight relationship that continues between the two countries to this very day.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Brian

Post by Brian »

It's a Destroyer.

The USS MItscher to be precise.

The other vessel is the French Frigate Hermione.
On 2 June 2015, Mitscher welcomed the French frigate Hermione in US waters on behalf of the US Navy.
Edit: Dammit. Beaten by less than a minute. I blame the fact that I am currently downloading a patch to Rainbow Six: Siege and that slowed down my posting time.
Last edited by Brian on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Hermione isn't a made up unpronounceable name from Harry Potter? I always assumed she was was the color from outerspace.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:38 pm Hermione isn't a made up unpronounceable name from Harry Potter? I always assumed she was was the color from outerspace.

Wiki
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:36 pm You folks are helpless without me.
More "not that interested" than "helpless."
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm
More "not that interested" than "helpless."
Let me have my delusions.

:tjg:
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm
More "not that interested motivated" than "helpless."
Properly Mortoned?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I watched "The Highlander" the other day. It did not age well.
I used to love it but I was hard pressed to keep watching it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm I watched "The Highlander" the other day. It did not age well.
I came to this revelation a few years ago. It's a really, really not good movie. I'm guessing my nostalgia for it was based on beer and watching with friends, because it's really bad. It's no wonder they never made a sequel.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm I watched "The Highlander" the other day. It did not age well.
I came to this revelation a few years ago. It's a really, really not good movie. I'm guessing my nostalgia for it was based on beer and watching with friends, because it's really bad.
[I always thought it was weak.]
It's no wonder they never made a sequel.
:clap:
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hard to watch because humans are fucking assholes:

I know who I'm rooting for.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I can't remember if I saw it linked here or on FB, but last week some asshat published photos of himself proudly standing over a family of baboons that he murdered. Hello? The 19th century called and wants its pride back.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kraken wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 pm I can't remember if I saw it linked here or on FB, but last week some asshat published photos of himself proudly standing over a family of baboons that he murdered. Hello? The 19th century called and wants its pride back.
That was the Idaho Game Commissioner.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:42 pm
Kraken wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 pm I can't remember if I saw it linked here or on FB, but last week some asshat published photos of himself proudly standing over a family of baboons that he murdered. Hello? The 19th century called and wants its pride back.
That was the Idaho Game Commissioner.
I am pleased that he lost his job over that, but I'll bet he goes right on being an asshat in private life.

When I worked at the Boston Museum of Science, we had a small exhibit in a remote corner that preserved the trophy room of one of the museum's founders. That was cool in 1900, when collecting was somehow related to preservation, and even in 1965, when the exhibit opened as a historical curiosity. I think it moved again because I couldn't find it the last time I was there, but the internet tells me that the Colby room still exists. I'm glad that the history was not erased to conform to today's values. Let visitors think and draw their own conclusions.

Colby probably wasn't an asshat in his day. In fact, he might have even been an enlightened man for his time. But the asshat who murdered the baboons did not live in Colby's time.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wont watch any of that stuff. I could hardly believe it when the US lessened restrictions on big game hunting. Its such a horrible thing. To call it a sport is to call Miller beer good.

In my mind if you want to hunt big game then do it fair. Strip naked and jump in. If you want to cheat then take a knife. More than that and its simply murder.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

If we could only legally mount human heads...................
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was about to show a movie clip to my wife. I warned her ahead of time she might want to see the movie after viewing it. She was ok with it. I warned her it was the best fight scene in the history of movies. She still wanted to see it. I told her it would ruin all other movies with fight scenes. She still wished to watch it.

We now have plans to watch They Live together in the near future because of that clip.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Not sure how Tapatalk is gonna handle this type of file. There is sound. It's glorious and I have tears of laughter.

Edit: YouTube link, mucho bueno

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Wife just had a low blood sugar attack......41. Took care of it okay but now I'm wide awake for the next couple of hours. :?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im always awake for the next couple hours :( I looked at the clock and tossed another pain killer in my mouth. Figure Ill be up long enough for ti to start helping then I can get to sleep maybe later.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I hate to waste pain killers on sleep. I like them better when I'm awake and can appreciate not being in pain any more.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sleeping has become a little treasure to me. I have always had some insomnia in my life. After I turned 18 it was no longer a big deal to me as I stayed up all night all the time. But as I get older I like the morning more and more and would like to sleep at night. But sleep eludes me so so much now. Getting a little from my pain medicine helping me has become a small blessing. Its doesn't always help but when my pain is lower I can get somewhat comfortable and it helps. Even after Im up 2 days and nights I still sometimes only sleep 2 hours of off and on sleep. Im sure its adding to my addled mind and memory. It sure makes Smoove consider me a time traveler. :)

Also as Im getting older my bladder keeps me going during the night....anywhere from no trips to 6 trips. The pain meds help retain water also so that keeps me from going as much. Used to I never got up during the night. If anyone tells you getting older has its rewards dont listen to them they are stupid. There is nothing good about getting old.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The one good thing about getting older is that you can look down on people younger than you.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm Mrs. Skinypupy and I had put together a solid plan, and have been scrimping and saving for the last couple months so we can get a few major projects done around the house. We are trying to finish the boys room (painting, closet needed some finish work, and some organizers), buy all new furniture for both of the kids rooms, get a couple dead trees pulled out, and finally get the ceiling storage racks for the garage.

We finally had all the money saved up and were planning to start the projects this weekend. Predictably, in the past 24 hours:

- I walked into the spare bedroom downstairs to find water running down the walls. Apparently the toilet above it had come unseated, and was leaking like crazy. Ceiling, walls, and carpet are all completely trashed and will have to be replaced.
- One of the cats (who has never had a single issue before yesterday) has randomly decided to go after a spot between her shoulder blades last night. She tore off all the fur, and scratched it into a massive bloody mess. Vet needs to do a blood panel (at least), and who knows what other treatment we'll need to do for me.
- Mrs. Skinypupy let me know that while taking the kids to school this morning, she noticed the rubber starting to flake off two of her tires. So...new tires.

It's nothing that's a huge deal in the grand scheme, but all the $$ we've saved for these projects that we were so excited to finally get finished has now gone poof. Guess we'll start saving again... :(
Because enough things hadn't gone sideways enough already, the kitchen drain started backing up last night. Two hours of my plumbing fumbling didn't find the culprit, and it turns out the main is clogged. I've had to call Roto Rooter to come snake it and power wash it...another $400 down the drain (hah!).

While the plumbing guy was here, the contractor dropped off his bid to get all of the other stuff fixed (toilet, flooring, sheetrock, new carpet, new tile, etc.) from the water damage issue...$7,000. :shock: I do have homeowners insurance, but have heard multiple horror stories lately of people who were dropped from their policies once they had the audacity to actually file a claim. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen here.

Seriously, man...fuck this week.

EDIT: In the process of cleaning out the drainpipe, the tech discovered that our garbage disposer has rusted through and was dripping out of the bottom. Not hugely expensive to replace ($100), but we can now add that onto the pile of shit that is this week.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

FWIW I filed a $3,500 claim after a windstorm dropped a tree on our house last March. The insurance company was slow to send an adjuster -- the same storm produced a LOT of claims -- but they ultimately paid the full amount minus deductible, and our rate didn't go up. Your company might require you to submit the estimate before you hire out the job; I didn't have to because removing the tree was an emergency. I would check with them before spending the big bucks. Also take good pics of the damage if you do the work before they send an adjuster.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I do have homeowners insurance, but have heard multiple horror stories lately of people who were dropped from their policies once they had the audacity to actually file a claim. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen here.
Farm Bureau dropped us like a hot rock after we filed a water damage claim.

Travellers replaced our roof and didn't even raise our rates.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

We've had our insurance (both home and auto) through this same State Farm agent for nearly 25 years. We've only filed one homeowners claim about 10 years ago, when a windstorm blew our fence down and the pieces went through a window. Only have one minor auto insurance claim as well (some doofus sideswiped me in a parking lot) and it was the other guy's fault.

I'd like to think that the fact we've shoveled piles of money at them for two decades plus while rarely needing any service would give us some leeway in the process, but who the hell knows with insurance companies.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Turning off your phone and walking home from the auto shop because your wife hurt your feelings earlier that morning does not improve the situation when she gets home from looking for you.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 pm Turning off your phone and walking home from the auto shop because your wife hurt your feelings earlier that morning does not improve the situation when she gets home from looking for you.
Oof.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 pm Turning off your phone and walking home from the auto shop because your wife hurt your feelings earlier that morning does not improve the situation when she gets home from looking for you.
Remember, she hurt *your* feelings. She doesn't get to go on the offensive because she couldn't find you for a little while.

Enjoy.