Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Tscott

Re: Random randomness

Post by Tscott »

Someone is shirting my shrink!!
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Today is the day I have to go through the hassle of renegotiating my cable bill. What a PITA.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've been having new dreams this week. Usually I get the same ole dream same time every night fall to the ground then I wake up. Last night I dreamt I was driving a two one of those two trailer rigs, whatever they are called. I couldn't figure out where to park it so I parked it out in front of my neighbors house where I grew up. Some other stupid truck driver backed up right in front on my rig, so I got all paniced because I suck at backing up two trailered rigs. And then this womanchild, who I apparently knew really well said she'd take care of it for me but I knew she didn't know how to drive a rig. Then she pops the clutch or whatever it is you do on a rig to put it in gear and somehow it juts forward like it was subcompact with a stick being driven by a kid behing the wheel of manual transmission for the first time. That foot and a half jump forward was enough to nail the rig in front of my truck. The impact sent my truck lurching. I know that was going to tip over. But I was so furious at her wrecking my rig and panicy about what I was going to do to pay off the payload that I didn't get out of the way. In the back of my mind I was thinking maybe I'll get lucky and the rig will just kill me and I won't have to deal with any of this shit. And then cab that I am standing right next to tips over right on to me. Only it rolls over me and doesn't hit me. And then somehow the first trailer rolls over me and doesn't hit me. And then somehow the second the trailer rolls over me and manages not to hit me. And I think to myself, how lucky can you get? And then I see my womanchild friend on the other side of the ditch in front of my nieghbor's house next to where I grew up and I was furious again. And then I woke up. And I was bummed. No matter what the dream is, I always want to see how it turns out. I was raised by the TV I guess and I expect and ending. Even a bad one. I get hooked in to terrible shows but I expect and ending.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, you aren't sure if this woman-child was a cylon or not.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm devastated. Soul Burger is going out of Business. :(
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Lassr wrote:I'm devastated. Soul Burger is going out of Business. :(
That sucks. We've lost a few favorite establishments here. Not that we can afford to patronize them anymore anyway...which is why they keep going out of business.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My brain can not wrap itself around the idea that the guy who wrote and performed "Lunatic Fringe" was the same guy that wrote and performed "Life is a Highway". That could only seems like it should only happen in Smoove's version of the rational universe.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Why doesn't chinese food have cheese on or in it?
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

LordMortis wrote:Why doesn't chinese food have cheese on or in it?
Same reason that so many people of Chinese descent are lactose-intolerant.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I still don't have a clue wtf is going on with the economy apart from everyone betting on red and black and it came up 00.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

tjg_marantz wrote:I still don't have a clue wtf is going on with the economy apart from everyone betting on red and black and it came up 00.
And when you're betting with borrowed money, only the House wins (and the Senate...none of those guys look like they're hurting).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

You don't realize how much typing you do with your right ring finger until you bust its tip. You also realize how much you use said finger when you are supposed to use your pinky.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Is there a word for three times a year or thrice annually? I don't mean trimester I mean something like semi annually or quarterly. Is there a thirdly. Or at least is there a thirdly that doesn't come after 1) and B)? "Three time a year backup - [drive name] - May" just is too much to put on tape tag.

Also why aren't hemi, demi, and semi interchangable? They all mean half don't they? And yet you don't get a hemicircle, demishere, or semi Lovato.

Which reminds me, hemidemisemiquaver has to be in my top sixty four favorite words of all time, even if it seems that quaver should be quarter and not eighth. I guess calling it an octaver would be confusing and quaver shounds like that shiver you get when you are under a blanket with flulike symptoms after a long weekend in the sun with no sunscreen. Much like when your chin or lip shivers, it's called a quiver. Unless you are supposed to store arrows in your chin and I missed the memo.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

The tri-annual backup is complete.

Wiki wrote:To avoid confusion between "triennial", once every three years, and "triannual", three times in one year, it is often better to substitute a less ambiguous phrase such as "three times a year" or "every four months".
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I saw a crow grab a mouse and go high and drop it. He then proceeded to eat it.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I saw a crow grab a mouse and go high and drop it. He then proceeded to eat it.
Not quite as brutal as watching a squirrel rip out the throat of a chipmunk and proceed to eat that. At least people kinda expect crows to eat whatever they can get.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We found squirrel pieces on the front step a couple of days ago.
The cats looked quite pleased with themselves.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

We need modern bands to come like Whale used to be. I miss that whole musical schtick
Last edited by LordMortis on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

my dog always loves to pick up something (a rock, stick, toy) and bring it to you and then drop it in your hand. A few weeks back I held out my hand and he dropped a dead field mouse all covered in spit in my hand. I look now before holding my hand out.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The worse I hurt my back, the better my posture becomes. I don't know why.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Had a strange dream this morning. I apparently was in the military and me and a few other guys had captured another guy, he was squirming around as we were trying to restrain him. Then these trucks pull up and 5-6 guys get out, apparently of the enemy (could not tell what countries any of us were from). They set up a firing line and the officer orders them to fire on us. Thats when I notice they do not have regular weapons. They appeared to be some type of sonic weapon. They activated their weapons and the ends glowed brighter and brighter then all of the sudden everything but the ground/surrounding terrain quickly faded away and I could not move. I heard the foot steps the soldiers as they approched and felt them grab me and carry me off, still stareing at the initial terrain. The officer said "dispose of them" then I woke up.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You too!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Apparently I get affectionate when Im sleeping and it seems to please my wife so ummmm.. I'll just keep doing whatever it is I'm doing and sleep some more.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

please excuse my mess.
Last edited by Mr Bubbles on Wed May 06, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Interesting. One night I had a dream that I was sitting on a boulder overlooking a winding mountain road when the boulder gave way below me. I hit the road first landing on my back. I then proceeded to get squished when the boulder landed on me. Next thing I know I am a guardian angel for two Sandinista rebels in the jungle. I would wander ahead of them and tell them where to shoot. Good times.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

nothing to see here.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

so embarrassing.
Bertrand Russell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rutabaga
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Isgrimnur wrote:Rhubarb
Mmmmmm.... Rhubarb...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I think my yard needs more worms.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Isgrimnur wrote:Rutabaga
Do not mock my people!
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

I'm going to give my snail a piece of chocolate and leave him alone for an hour. When I come back... I'll be rich!!! Hahahahahahahahahhaha!
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Can you help find missing Russian-speaking parrot?

The parrot has been missing in the Redmond Ridge area, off 238th Street, since May 18. Osha speaks Russian, plus some names
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Brian wrote:Random thought #1.

I wonder if anybody would say anything if I washed my entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?
I'll admit I did this, once. I was on a long road trip for my job, and had to get some place where a bunch of judgemental people with power would be at. My car was quite dirty from the drive, and I had no idea where a local wash would be so I went to a gas station off the highway exit.

Nobody said a word while I did it, but I returned there a few times on repeat trips and found out the attendents remembered it (and me - apparently they laughed their rear ends off while watching me wash away).
theohall

Post by theohall »

Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

theohall wrote:Its ram discriminates.
That device is evil I tells ya!!
Here's what I got: When will a big heterosexual enable the damaging export?
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Sectoid wrote:
Every landscape dates a hired shape near the bird.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Tscott wrote:
Sectoid wrote:
Every landscape dates a hired shape near the bird.
I've got your bird right here :)
Tscott

Post by Tscott »