Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

AWS260

Re: Random randomness

Post by AWS260 »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm Wait for it....
There's also an animated GIF version.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

<ThatsMyFetish.jpg>
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Fretmute wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm Image

<ThatsMyFetish.jpg>
Enlarge Image
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

AWS260 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm Wait for it....
There's also an animated GIF version.
Oh god...

Why is that one 10 times worse?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

When you're slipping down the slide
And your bowels begin to glide
Diarrhea cha-cha-cha!
Diarrhea cha-cha-cha!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I think you are conflating two different childhood songs but if we're we doing that...

When your going down a rope
And now it it really needs some soap
Diarrhea
Diarrhea
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

♫ When the anus starts to burn, there's a lesson you must learn! Something something then you'll see, you'll avoid catastrophe! ♫
Holman

Post by Holman »

I think we had a full two dozen verses to that song.

Everyone knew some. Even versions from different playgrounds repeated many of the same phrases.

"Diarrhea" was our Iliad.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

The last time my niece and nephew stayed at our house for a slumber party we made up verses for at least two hours straight.

That juicy one I left up there was fresh material.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 pm Enlarge Image
:clap:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Autopsy of Jane Doe is a suspenseful freaky movie. It gives me an old Twilight Zone ep vibe.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rutabaga
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

You guys are trying to get ibdoomed back here, aren't you?
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

So no one has posted about the massive, still-sealed, nine-foot black sarcophagus recently discovered in Egypt?

Enlarge Image

What are we waiting for, guys??

Also in the same tomb: this weird alabaster head that looks not at all like it was defaced to inhibit the magical powers of the lich or elder god trapped within the grave.

Enlarge Image
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

This is a good story about the logistics of the Thai cave rescue. It sounds utterly exhausting.
Improbably enough, most of the escapes went flawlessly.

But on trip No. 11, to save one of the last soccer teammates stuck for 18 days deep inside the cave, something went dangerously wrong.

Rescuers inside an underground chamber felt a tug on the rope — the sign that one of the 12 boys or their coach would soon emerge from the flooded tunnels.

“Fish on,” the rescuers signaled, recalled Maj. Charles Hodges of the United States Air Force, mission commander for the American team on site.

Fifteen minutes went by. Then 60. Then 90.

As the rescuers waited anxiously, a diver navigating the 11th teammate through the underwater maze lost hold of the guide rope. With visibility near zero, he couldn’t find the line again. Slowly, he backtracked, going deeper into the cave to search for the rope, before the rescue could resume.

At last, the survivor got through, safely.
trendingweb

Post by trendingweb »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 pm Enlarge Image
This makes me spam
:D :lol: :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Teen hurt in Hogweed accident

I kinda giggled thinking about it. I had read about it can cause skin rash and stuff or even a burn and figured the kid was horsing around with it and hurt his hand or something. Man I feel bad now. The poor kid was clearing weeds and brush trying to make money for college and its all on his face and arm and its 3rd AND 2nd degree burns. Geebus!! He has started a GoFundMe and I dont blame them in this instance. Wow. Hope he heals amazingly somehow.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

These high tech days. In the old days if my wife was watching something and we had recorded something then I could take that tape to the other room and watch it. But now days theres no way to get one thing on a dvr to another dvr even if I had one.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:35 am These high tech days. In the old days if my wife was watching something and we had recorded something then I could take that tape to the other room and watch it. But now days theres no way to get one thing on a dvr to another dvr even if I had one.
Many DVRs will talk across a home network. Sometimes you have to pay extra for the option (Tivos just do it but you have to pay to let a DirecTV box do it).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It just amazes me about how many things are illegal in different parts of the country that are perfectly legal here.
Not to mention the taxes that are in place out there that are not here.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:35 am But now days theres no way to get one thing on a dvr to another dvr even if I had one.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/1/12747 ... -recording
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Every night for the past 3 weeks, Wonder Twin 5.1b has woken us up at least half a dozen times between midnight and 5am with some combination of the following:

- I’m hungry
- I’m thirsty
- I want a snuggle
- It’s too hot
- It’s too cold
- My (insert random body part) hurts

We give him a hug/kiss/drink, put him back to bed...and he comes in between 30-45 minutes later to wake us up again. I’m at my goddamn wits end with this, as I haven’t slept more than an hour at a time in multiple weeks now. Everyone in the house is cranky as hell because he just won’t sleep. Which is weird, as he’s been a great sleeper, up until 3 weeks ago.

So frustrated... :coffee:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is he taking daytime naps? Cut them out perhaps? Maybe some warm milk at bedtime. Theres always Benedryl as a last resort.

One day you'll be thinking back to these times and smiling though. One day.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 am Is he taking daytime naps? Cut them out perhaps? Maybe some warm milk at bedtime. Theres always Benedryl as a last resort.
Benedryl? For a toddler to sleep? I recommend "no" on that. Also "no" on a shot of whiskey, if that was next on the list of suggestions.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Freyland wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:53 am
Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 am Is he taking daytime naps? Cut them out perhaps? Maybe some warm milk at bedtime. Theres always Benedryl as a last resort.
Benedryl? For a toddler to sleep? I recommend "no" on that. Also "no" on a shot of whiskey, if that was next on the list of suggestions.
How about murdering them to sleep? 'Cause that's what my parents did and I turned out alright. More parents need to murder their children to sleep to show they love them and to help society at large.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Run the child ragged during the day-time? I dunno...
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 am Theres always Benedryl as a last resort.
Yeah...no.

He's well past the nap stage, and we're really not sure what's causing it. I've had a couple folks recommend Melatonin, but I'm leery about using anything that he might get dependent on. Hopefully it's just a phase.

Good news, however, is that we have finally had a potty training breakthrough with him. The light switch apparently flipped, and he has started to figure it out. At the risk of jinxing myself, there's a very distinct possibility that I have changed my kid's last diaper. :horse:
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

With all the potty issues that he's been dealing with, it may be gas waking him up (and it doesn't always present as straightforward belly pain, so he might not be able to pinpoint what's making him so uncomfortable). You could try giving him children's Gas-X before bed and see if he has an easier time staying asleep.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 pm
How about murdering them to sleep? 'Cause that's what my parents did and I turned out alright. More parents need to murder their children to sleep to show they love them and to help society at large.
Hmmm... I'll do some research.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 am Theres always Benedryl as a last resort.
Yeah...no.

He's well past the nap stage, and we're really not sure what's causing it. I've had a couple folks recommend Melatonin, but I'm leery about using anything that he might get dependent on. Hopefully it's just a phase.

Good news, however, is that we have finally had a potty training breakthrough with him. The light switch apparently flipped, and he has started to figure it out. At the risk of jinxing myself, there's a very distinct possibility that I have changed my kid's last diaper. :horse:
Go you! on the potty training.
Melatonin is considered safe and not dependence-inducing at 1 mg or less, unless your kiddo has significant autistic disorder and is prone to seizures. The gas-x idea is reasonable and certainly quite safe to try.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

5 years old is a child not a toddler.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:31 pm
5 years old is a child not a toddler.
Why yes, yes it is.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Childrens Benedryl is listed as 2 and up. I didn't recommend to slosh the child in a bottle a night. It works well on me and my wife during insomnia bouts. Better than melatonin we have also. Heck its safe for our little 3 lbs chihuahuas over the years. Why do you guys feel the need to poke fun at stuff that has worked my entire life? You guys must enjoy it because you're thinking is skewed otherwise.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Just taking a wild shot here, but arguing with a doctor about what is safe to give to give a child for sleeplessness is probably not a winning move.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:39 pm Childrens Benedryl is listed as 2 and up. I didn't recommend to slosh the child in a bottle a night. It works well on me and my wife during insomnia bouts. Better than melatonin we have also. Heck its safe for our little 3 lbs chihuahuas over the years. Why do you guys feel the need to poke fun at stuff that has worked my entire life? You guys must enjoy it because you're thinking is skewed otherwise.
I'm pretty sure Freyland is a doctor (my memory sucks, apologies if that is incorrect).

You'll forgive me for taking his advice over yours.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pediatrician no less, and god help you if you forget he's got a degree in general medicine as well. That'll get you a stern look.

P.S. Kids are the only reason I keep bourbon in the house.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm Pediatrician no less, and god help you if you forget he's got a degree in general medicine as well. That'll get you a stern look.

Clearly my stern looks are not coming across on Discord sternly enough. The second degree is Internal Medicine, damnit! :wink:

Daehawk, anecdotal evidence is the least common denominator of evidence. You might also note in your rebuttal that you used the (anecdotal) argument that you use it on middle-age, over-weight (your own past words) adults when we are discussing small children. I'll leave the pet discussion to the Vets on the board.

Skinypupy, I am happy to have a longer discussion with you via PM or on Discord if you like. I prefer to have the whole story before dispensing advice.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:53 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm Pediatrician no less, and god help you if you forget he's got a degree in general medicine as well. That'll get you a stern look.

Clearly my stern looks are not coming across on Discord sternly enough. The second degree is Internal Medicine, damnit! :wink:
I couldn't remember and took a guess. I have no idea what specializations are available for doctoring. You're lucky I didn't claim you had a degree in internal foraging. :wink: My sincere apologies, however.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Internal Foraging = Surgeons 8-)

Post by Default »

On the subject of kids, I went to look at an apartment with my youngest son. Yay. Bad news is, I have to be on the lease, because he doesn't make enough. Good news is, his brother is going to go live there too! Yay.

Bad news is, he isn't working yet, so I will be paying his half. :-/ But at least he will gtfo.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken