Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Great ideas...

1. Using tea itself to make ice cubes for your tea is genius. No more watery tea.

2. Leaning to use UNsweetened tea for those ice cubes is priceless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been watching some Secrets of Isis again. The 1970s era tv show that came on along with Shazam!! Man. My 7 or 8 year old self was in love with her and her Asian student. That short little skirt and amazing legs. mmhmmmm. :) I started young.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Frozen sugary liquids ends up with a sludge layer across the top. Learned that making DIY Kool-Aid popsicles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Cue Kraken announcing he knows where you can buy those cheap in 1...2...3...
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

One of the folks on my team recently retired. She had worked here for 31 years, and was one of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever met. Truly a gem of a human being, who (we thought) didn't even have the capacity to say anything negative about anyone. She was honestly like the female version of Mr. Rogers.

Before she left, she asked if she could friend a few of us on Facebook so we could stay connected. She knew all our families, spouses, and kids, and wanted to make sure we didn't lose touch. I thought that was a great idea, as she was always so fun with my kids when they came to company functions.

Turns out, she enjoys posting explicitly racist memes and stories on a near-daily basis. All of which are completely fabricated bullshit (think the FW:FW:FW:FW: stuff you get from your grandpa who does nothing but listen to Fox News 10 hours every day), but she feels the need to share them with the world nonetheless.

My image of this kind, wonderful person that I've known for 15 years has been completely shattered. Thanks a lot, stupid social media.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am
My image of this kind, wonderful person that I've known for 15 years has been completely shattered. Thanks a lot, stupid social media.
Horrifying and disheartening isn't it? I've literally shed tears at the posts of people I thought I knew.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I had that happen with a very close friend about six years ago. He had some brief health problems and switched on Fox News. Next thing we know this stuff is appearing on his Facebook page. And this guy was non-straight, non-Christian but religious, and raised by non-whites. And yet.

So me being me, I called him on it privately. I explained how what he was saying wasn't actually true. I pointed out that what these things were implying were direct attacks on his friends (one of our group was an Israeli Jew), against his own beliefs, and objectively harmful.

He hasn't spoken to any of us in six years and became a hardcore Tea Party/Trumper. It hurt like hell, but it was his decision, and while I regret losing him as a friend, I don't regret for one second calling him out on it. I would do so again, even knowing the results. I just will not let some things go unchallenged.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My brother has poor judgment and little education and these sorts of things tend to spring up in bars where other similar background people start talking nonsense.

My brother started circulating your standard email chain nonsense, so I always emailed the snopes link to the mailing list he used. After about 3 times, he stopped emailing me. He did however, continue to email everyone else. I guess he *wanted* those things to be true. :(
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:18 pm My brother has poor judgment and little education and these sorts of things tend to spring up in bars where other similar background people start talking nonsense.

My brother started circulating your standard email chain nonsense, so I always emailed the snopes link to the mailing list he used. After about 3 times, he stopped emailing me. He did however, continue to email everyone else. I guess he *wanted* those things to be true. :(
I tried sending snopes links when I received emails that were especially heinous, but was told by more than one person that everyone knows that Snopes leans way far to the left and you can't believe anything they say. I gave up and just delete their emails unread.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

One of the things I like about OO is I can get a word in edgewise.
Tried chewing out my stepson today for stealing my pick up but he talked so fast and so much I had a hard time.
I wonder if he requires oxygen?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am You know something is wrong with your "diet" when the late night taco bell girl knows it's you at the drive through from the sound of your voice.
When I lived alone, the Amatos between my home and work knew me by voice when I'd call in my order and they'd ask if I wanted my usual. I was on a first name basis with all the staff. It was an ... unhealthy time in my life.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:07 pm One of the things I like about OO is I can get a word in edgewise.
Tried chewing out my stepson today for stealing my pick up but he talked so fast and so much I had a hard time.
Have you tried emojis?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:07 pm One of the things I like about OO is I can get a word in edgewise.
There are two options. Cut him off if you think you can get him to shut up, or wait patiently until he stops talking and simply start over every time he interrupts you. The second is particularly infuriating for the other person, so if you want to piss him off as well as give him shit, just sit and wait. If he never stops talking, go get a drink. Bonus points if he follows you to the kitchen and talks the whole time you're relaxing with your drink.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

funnygirl wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:18 pm My brother has poor judgment and little education and these sorts of things tend to spring up in bars where other similar background people start talking nonsense.

I tried sending snopes links when I received emails that were especially heinous, but was told by more than one person that everyone knows that Snopes leans way far to the left and you can't believe anything they say. I gave up and just delete their emails unread.
I was tempted to post the snopes link, but I suppose the sort of people who believe and/or forward those things are simply going to disregard anything that counters their narrative.

I did comment something along the lines of "You do know that literally none of that story is true or accurate, right?" Doubt I'll get a response. It was a little discouraging to see how many times it had already been shared by other people. :grund:
MHS

Post by MHS »

I have always made it a point not to unfriend people over contrary political views (although that gets harder and harder in these times of MAGA), but I have no problem doing so over blatantly racist or homophobic views. If unfriending would be too awkward, unfollowing works. But it doesn't help with the shattered view. :(
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

MHS wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm I have always made it a point not to unfriend people over contrary political views (although that gets harder and harder in these times of MAGA), but I have no problem doing so over blatantly racist or homophobic views. If unfriending would be too awkward, unfollowing works. But it doesn't help with the shattered view. :(
I've unfollowed on both Facebook and Twitter people who are on the loony side politically, both on the left and the right (either posting the same tired memes and stuff about boycotts on the left, and the outright lies that pop up on the right). If they can make reasonable points or don't crow about how the sky is falling all the time (or better yet they don't get overly political on social media), then we're fine. It's a lot more peaceful for me that way.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm I've unfollowed on both Facebook and Twitter people who are on the loony side politically, both on the left and the right (either posting the same tired memes and stuff about boycotts on the left, and the outright lies that pop up on the right).
This. Mainly it's the barrage of driveby bumperstickers based in lies or misrepresentations of the truth. If you can't be bothered to actually make an actual statement, much less the research the truth of the politics you follow then I can't be bothered to see you spamming my wall with it. FB used to let you block commonly offensive (to me) sites, now they only let me give them time outs of 30 days at a time. I had a few friends I didn't unfollow because I could unfollow their go to sites but once that option was taken away those friends got <plonked>.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Name of the Year 2018 is upon us!

Personal favorites from this year's bracket: Chosen Roach, Tuna Altuna, and Dr. Narwhals Mating.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My wife is watching PT-109 behind me and I turn around to watch a part of it. Its the part where he is hiding under some palm fronds in the natives canoe as they take him to safety. So in enemy waters you're hid in a native canoe and a enemy plane flys 50 over you. He sticks his head and torso up out of hiding and goes "Hey, whats going on?" And Im instantly like WTF YOU DUMBASS.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

How come my beard grows down my face but the grain of it goes sideways?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

AWS260 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:11 pm Name of the Year 2018 is upon us!

Personal favorites from this year's bracket: Chosen Roach, Tuna Altuna, and Dr. Narwhals Mating.
Turns out, I went to high school with one of them. Shamoil Shipchandler to go deep in Name of the Year bracket. He was a year behind me, and this article has been posted all over social media with my old HS friends. :lol:
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

That's fantastic. A few years back I nominated an acquaintance -- a guy named As Sy -- but he didn't make the cut.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else with an interesting name that I could enter.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Guy got rickrolled in a most unusual way: at a garage sale
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

The new Wrestlemania women's trophy is literally shaped like the female reproductive system.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Waffle Double Down

Enlarge Image

My recommendation would be... no.

I actually finished it, which I don't think I managed with the original. I think the sweet sauce (maple aioli) makes this possible. The original was just a sodium bomb. Still, I want to be sick.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Sudy wrote:Waffle Double Down

Enlarge Image

I actually finished it, which I don't think I managed with the original. I think the sweet sauce (maple aioli) makes this possible. The original was just a sodium bomb. Still, I want to be sick.
Don't encourage them!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm a sucker for novelty. :mrgreen:

I was actually surprised at how well made it was. The waffle was high quality, it was sauced appropriately, and the filets were large and moderately juicy. The one on the bottom got a little soggy in the foil wrapper, but that was bound to happen. Still... it's totally gross.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What the hell is that? A waffle sandwich?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 am What the hell is that? A waffle sandwich?
Enlarge Image
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Sudy wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 pm Waffle Double Down

Enlarge Image

And where does one go to get such a monstrosity?

Not that I'm interested in eating one...I'm just scoping out target markets for a liposuction clinic.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, chicken. I thought the 'bread' was some sort of pastry.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Until it was brought up here I'd never heard of chicken and waffles.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

wow, I was just thinking that I need to take a trip to the south of Chicago to try that very thing at a restaurant that a chef friend of mine says is famous for it.
He won. Period.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Chicago Blackhawks had to play their emergency goalie... a 36-year old accountant who played college hockey more than 10 years ago (2006). He blocked all 7 shot attempts.

https://deadspin.com/blackhawks-play-36 ... 1824199592

But then, ice hockey and the emergency goalie had always been fun stories, right? There were stories of vending machine worker, equipment manager, bank manager, all as emergency goalies.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The first comment on that story made me literally lol.

"Foster had 7 stops and one H&R Block." :lol:
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:40 am
Sudy wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 pm Waffle Double Down

Enlarge Image

And where does one go to get such a monstrosity?

Not that I'm interested in eating one...I'm just scoping out target markets for a liposuction clinic.
Canadian KFCs, apparently. While I feel pity for any of my American OO brethren/sistren who so wish to torture themselves, I can't help but feel satisfaction that Canada gets the cool fast food exclusive for once. :P Typically we seem to miss out on the neat stuff you guys get, or at least its debut is significantly delayed. Still waiting to try my Grand Mac. :(

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 pm The first comment on that story made me literally lol.

Someone explain to me that hockey term please. :)
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:04 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 pm The first comment on that story made me literally lol.

Someone explain to me that hockey term please. :)
He was an Accountant...
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Aha, pun. Somehow I missed that. But then, that was written at about 1AM local time. :-P
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »