Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stimpy

Re: Random randomness

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And now for something completely different.

Iowa
A 43-year old Iowa City woman has been charged with homicide after a brutal crime involving her 49-year old husband, who she had recent discovered had been having an affair with a much younger woman.

The wife, who is being held in custody, is believed to have sourced plastic explosives through an online dark web retailer that only accepts payment with cryptocurrency. According to investigators, she made the purchase after discovering her husband was cheating.
It is alleged that the woman inserted the plastic explosives into the anus of her sleeping husband, before detonating them remotely. Investigators found a webcam in the debris which they believe she used to watch her husband explode.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I’ve been rewatching Monty Python’s Flying Circus on Netflix right now, am about halfway through Season 2. It’s been probably 15 years since I’ve actually sat down and watched full episodes, rather than just specific sketches on YouTube.

It’s even more unhinged, random, and brilliant than I remembered. I was literally LOL’ing on the plane last night.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got our flu shots today. I have a bandaid over my boo boo battlescar.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My wife got her flu shot today too. I talked the druggist into coming out to the car to give it to her.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:29 pm And now for something completely different.

Iowa
A 43-year old Iowa City woman has been charged with homicide after a brutal crime involving her 49-year old husband, who she had recent discovered had been having an affair with a much younger woman.

The wife, who is being held in custody, is believed to have sourced plastic explosives through an online dark web retailer that only accepts payment with cryptocurrency. According to investigators, she made the purchase after discovering her husband was cheating.
It is alleged that the woman inserted the plastic explosives into the anus of her sleeping husband, before detonating them remotely. Investigators found a webcam in the debris which they believe she used to watch her husband explode.
Wrecked him? Damn near killed him!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I smell movie of the week.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I'm enjoying a great big rootbeer float which I surly cant hold all of. I packed 3 big scoops of vanilla icecream into a glass and drowned it in a freshly opened bottle of IBC rootbeer.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:41 pm I'm enjoying a great big rootbeer float which I surly cant hold all of. I packed 3 big scoops of vanilla icecream into a glass and drowned it in a freshly opened bottle of IBC rootbeer.
Holman wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:28 pm HOW are you not dead??
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why dont TVs have headphone jacks??

In 2008 we moved the tv into the bedroom so my wife could watch from bed. its like 3 feet behind me. I always used speakers for gaming until then and I started using a headset. But Im SICK of having to wear them and the tv is really annoying me to hell these days. I hate what she watches and its loud. Even at normal volume though I still hear it without the headphones of course and with them it still bleeds through.

I want to let her try headphones for a while. Figured it would solve everything. But the tv has NO headphone jacks on it anywhere. And even though the surround system is busted it doesn't have any either. What up with no jacks on a TV??
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

You may be older than me, but you are crazy. No TV I have ever encountered has had a headphone jack. RCA L/R? Yes. Go to monoprice. Pay more in shipping than the cost of the weird cable you want. Done.
It is done.
There is no hug button. Sad!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

killbot737 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:41 pm Go to monoprice. Pay more in shipping than the cost of the weird cable you want.
going to eBay now, you can get the weird cables for very reasonable prices with free shipping (usually) from China, it's crazy. works for other misc. electronics bits and bobs as well. got some LR42 button batteries for 72 cents recently - also a USB soundcard for $2.11. the cable i posted above will be about $2.50 total (shipping included).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey I have that cable on my headphones for pc and ps4. I think I paid $2 at Monoprice.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:31 pm Why dont TVs have headphone jacks??

In 2008 we moved the tv into the bedroom so my wife could watch from bed. its like 3 feet behind me. I always used speakers for gaming until then and I started using a headset. But Im SICK of having to wear them and the tv is really annoying me to hell these days. I hate what she watches and its loud. Even at normal volume though I still hear it without the headphones of course and with them it still bleeds through.

I want to let her try headphones for a while. Figured it would solve everything. But the tv has NO headphone jacks on it anywhere. And even though the surround system is busted it doesn't have any either. What up with no jacks on a TV??
It is very difficult to get TV's with a headphone jacks nowadays. Trust me, I know. We use them in my business. The following brands still have them:
Proscan
RCA
Hisense

I think 32" is the largest with a headphone jack. Beyond that I don't think they have them.

You won't find one in larger TV's or the mainstream brands anymore (LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, etc.).
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I guess Im alone in finding that strange. At night in the same bed you'd think one partner would need to be quiet and use headphones. Companies just dont have business sense. Theres a market for this. Always has been.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was asked Cheez-It or Cheese Nips. I of course had to go Cheez-It. More so by far if its Hot & Spicy Tabasco flavor Cheez-it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote:I guess Im alone in finding that strange. At night in the same bed you'd think one partner would need to be quiet and use headphones. Companies just dont have business sense. Theres a market for this. Always has been.
Bluetooth and RF headphones are totally things.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hitbyambulance wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 pm Image
I assumed something like this exists and was going to look it up. Now I don't have to.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Somewhere, a Radio Shack manager weeps.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:18 am
Daehawk wrote:I guess Im alone in finding that strange. At night in the same bed you'd think one partner would need to be quiet and use headphones. Companies just dont have business sense. Theres a market for this. Always has been.
This. Though you'll likely need a bluetooth transmitter. We've got that setup on one of our tvs. Works like a charm.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:26 am Somewhere, a Radio Shack manager weeps.
I used to buy stuff from Radio Shack in the futile hope that when I actually needed them to be in business every two or three years for the emergency thing I needed on the spot that day, they'd be there. Now, every two to three years, I shrug and tell work "you probably should pay for me to have an Amazon Prime account and then you'd only need to wait for tomorrow to get that doodad on the cheap." At home, I've found infinite patience when it comes to most things... most things. My oven igniter burnt out on Monday. I haven't even gotten down to look at its model so I can order one and wait a week to get for $12 rather than drive to the appliance repair outlet and pay $60 for an OEM igniter. I just found a toaster oven in basement and decided I can cook with that for now.

LA-Z!
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 pm I guess Im alone in finding that strange. At night in the same bed you'd think one partner would need to be quiet and use headphones. Companies just dont have business sense. Theres a market for this. Always has been.
If you have a Roku hooked up to the TV, the remote has a headphone jack. Has turned out more useful than I thought it would be.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Malificent wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 pm I guess Im alone in finding that strange. At night in the same bed you'd think one partner would need to be quiet and use headphones. Companies just dont have business sense. Theres a market for this. Always has been.
If you have a Roku hooked up to the TV, the remote has a headphone jack. Has turned out more useful than I thought it would be.
Agreed. I thought it was a gimmick but it has proven quite useful.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Exactly that. It isn't just that headphone jacks are being phased out, but that wired headphones are being replaced with wireless technologies, making the jacks redundant.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 am
Exactly that. It isn't just that headphone jacks are being phased out, but that wired headphones are being replaced with wireless technologies, making the jacks redundant.
Ironically, the bluetooth transmitters that we have are all meant to be plugged into headphone jacks (3.5MM). We use it with the only big-screen TV in the house that's old enough to still have one. I wanted to use headphones with a TV in the family room - had to plug them into the Comcast cable box, since neither the TV nor the sound bar had anything I could use without an additional adapter.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:26 am a Radio Shack manager
I assumed something like this exists and was going to look it up. Now I don't have to.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i should make sandworm ones
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

High detail model'n

Love that train at the start.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm i should make sandworm ones
https://io9.gizmodo.com/5816396/the-sto ... mmi-worms/
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

One of the benefits of my job is that I very often get to observe world class instructors deliver exceptional leader development workshops. I never realize how spoiled that makes me...until I have to spend two full days sitting through a TERRIBLE facilitator delivering horrible content.

If she reads one more PowerPoint slide word-for-word, I could very well gouge my damn eyes out.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:11 pm One of the benefits of my job is that I very often get to observe world class instructors deliver exceptional leader development workshops. I never realize how spoiled that makes me...until I have to spend two full days sitting through a TERRIBLE facilitator delivering horrible content.

If she reads one more PowerPoint slide word-for-word, I could very well gouge my damn eyes out.
And yet on paper many people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two, and will go with the cheaper one.

They're all the same, right?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Boredom has taken over my life. Im not able physically to do anything now days and when I try I start hurting beyond what I can stand. I get up and try to use the PC but I skip from one thing to the next. I can game a team shooter for 2 -3 minutes then try something else. I get mad and go lay on the couch. Then I fall asleep. I spend a lot of time on the couch now bored and sleeping. Its got to where Im now wondering why I even get out of bed when I wake up. im thinking soon I may just stay in bed all day and night. Between boredom, anger, and depression I am nobody.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 am Boredom has taken over my life. Im not able physically to do anything now days and when I try I start hurting beyond what I can stand. I get up and try to use the PC but I skip from one thing to the next. I can game a team shooter for 2 -3 minutes then try something else. I get mad and go lay on the couch. Then I fall asleep. I spend a lot of time on the couch now bored and sleeping. Its got to where Im now wondering why I even get out of bed when I wake up. im thinking soon I may just stay in bed all day and night. Between boredom, anger, and depression I am nobody.
If this is happening a lot, you would probably benefit from seeing somebody for help.

If that's impossible, at least consider that boredom with your usual routines means you need to change them. Even dedicating yourself to a long walk every day (or something like that) could break you out of the rut.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:20 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 am Boredom has taken over my life. Im not able physically to do anything now days and when I try I start hurting beyond what I can stand. I get up and try to use the PC but I skip from one thing to the next. I can game a team shooter for 2 -3 minutes then try something else. I get mad and go lay on the couch. Then I fall asleep. I spend a lot of time on the couch now bored and sleeping. Its got to where Im now wondering why I even get out of bed when I wake up. im thinking soon I may just stay in bed all day and night. Between boredom, anger, and depression I am nobody.
If this is happening a lot, you would probably benefit from seeing somebody for help.

If that's impossible, at least consider that boredom with your usual routines means you need to change them. Even dedicating yourself to a long walk every day (or something like that) could break you out of the rut.
Take up Geocaching.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Red-eye flights suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

That is all.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:20 am
Yep. Daehawk, do yourself a favor. If you don't go and see someone, just take five minutes and look up the symptoms of depression. Here are a few:

Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters

Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports

Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much

Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort

Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain

Anxiety, agitation or restlessness

Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things

Memory difficulties or personality changes

Physical aches or pain

Fatigue, loss of appetite, sleep problems or loss of interest in sex — not caused by a medical condition or medication

Often wanting to stay at home, rather than going out to socialize or doing new things
Now, do you want me to go through your posts and highlight where you've claimed most of these symptoms?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Contributing factors may include chronic pain, lack of exercise, and poor diet. :?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Also, stop reading the Drazzil mega thread.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949