Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you. Ive never felt this bad from it before. Im a bit hot, weak, shaking,,,,,its like a semi flu but not that bad. Do ache.

Im only taking a half does of my pain meds cause I dont want to get knocked down so much and no muscle relaxers. Also on Amoxicillin. Its the only one that doesn't make me sick at m stomach. But I may need to go get a shot..something strong.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I am getting so tired of the Indian accented callers from the "Medicare Pain Management Center" calling me up all the time. Seems like almost every day here lately.
The last one called and I said "I bet your parents are proud of scamming old people like this" and then I hung up.
Usually I just yell "SCAM!" and hang up.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:41 pmUsually I just yell "SCAM!" and hang up.
I like when my Google Pixel identifies a caller as a potential spammer. With a couple swipes, the call is ignored and the number blocked.

I'm still trying to sort out a way to block unknown callers, though. There's no one I want to talk to who blocks their number.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sick and it does this today.

Enlarge Image
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 am Thank you. Ive never felt this bad from it before. Im a bit hot, weak, shaking,,,,,its like a semi flu but not that bad. Do ache.

Im only taking a half does of my pain meds cause I dont want to get knocked down so much and no muscle relaxers. Also on Amoxicillin. Its the only one that doesn't make me sick at m stomach. But I may need to go get a shot..something strong.
As you are probably aware, tooth infections can kill you. I hope the anti-biotics work fast and well.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's snowing here. About an inch on the grass and slush on the roads. Mayhem has begun as all schools dismissed at the same time with no after school care - so parents have to pick up their kids right now.

Meanwhile, as an Amazon Prime member, I got a ticket to see the new Jumanji sneak peak tonight at 7pm. Rather than go home and not be able to get back to the theater, I'm going straight there as it is on the way home from work. Now, will I be able to get home at 9pm is the real question. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

stessier wrote:It's snowing here. About an inch on the grass and slush on the roads. Mayhem has begun as all schools dismissed at the same time with no after school care - so parents have to pick up their kids right now.

Meanwhile, as an Amazon Prime member, I got a ticket to see the new Jumanji sneak peak tonight at 7pm. Rather than go home and not be able to get back to the theater, I'm going straight there as it is on the way home from work. Now, will I be able to get home at 9pm is the real question. :D
Did you get permission to stay out past your bedtime?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
stessier

Post by stessier »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm
stessier wrote:It's snowing here. About an inch on the grass and slush on the roads. Mayhem has begun as all schools dismissed at the same time with no after school care - so parents have to pick up their kids right now.

Did you get permission to stay out past your bedtime?
It's a non-school night. :)

It had stopped snowing by the time the movie ended. Roads were wet, but not particularly icy.

The movie was trite and predictable...and fun. Watching that cast act was really great and there were some really, really funny parts. If you don't like the cast, don't see the movie. There is no story worth seeing. If you do like them, though, I think it's a fun watch.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love Kevin Hart and The Rock.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Social Security sent me a letter showing me how much of a raise I get next year. my take home pay increases by $4.
At least I didn't get a raise this year.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wife gets a $17 and I get a $19 raise. Better than nothing I suppose but not near what inflation is at. But its still below the cutoff so we dont have to pay out the $100 a month for medicare premium...and no prescription drug insurance. We qualify on the buy in for those.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

SS COLA
Social Security recipients will be getting a 2 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) in 2018, the biggest increase since 2012. But it won’t be enough to keep pace with the rising costs affecting millions of older consumers who depend on the monthly benefit as their prime source of retirement income.

The COLA, announced Friday by the Social Security Administration, will boost the average beneficiary check by $27.38 a month, or about $329 a year. The increase is the largest since a 3.6 percent hike in 2012. The adjustment was a minuscule 0.3 percent increase in 2017, and there was no change in 2016.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I know its not true but I feel minimum wage should be $20 to keep up with taxes and inflation. The cost of living is high here. I cant imagine what its like in San Fran and New York. When you need two minimum wage jobs just to rent an apartment something is off kilter.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:14 pm Wife gets a $17 and I get a $19 raise. Better than nothing I suppose but not near what inflation is at. But its still below the cutoff so we dont have to pay out the $100 a month for medicare premium...and no prescription drug insurance. We qualify on the buy in for those.

$134 medicare premium and I don't have the drug coverage (VA).
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ouch. Id bet you aren't over but a couple dollars too.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 pm I know its not true but I feel minimum wage should be $20 to keep up with taxes and inflation. The cost of living is high here. I cant imagine what its like in San Fran and New York. When you need two minimum wage jobs just to rent an apartment something is off kilter.
In Boston the "living wage" required for a full-time worker to pay for food, housing, transportation, and incidentals was $12.65/hr in 2014, so it's probably bumping up against $13 by now. The state's minimum wage is $11. I can't imagine trying to subsist on that. There will be a proposal to raise it in steps to $15 by 2022 on November's ballot.

There is not a single state in the US where a full-time worker can afford a 2BR apartment on the federal minimum wage.

$20/hr works out to $41,600 a year...that's solidly middle class in much of the country.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

There will be a proposal to raise it in steps to $15 by 2022 on November's ballot.
And by then you'd need $16 to live :)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

You think Yukon Cornelius and Dum-Dum Dugan are related?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had to look up Dum Dum and still dont know who he is so cant say.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Good God, Kirk Douglas turned 101 yesterday! :shock:

Good for him. Love the guy.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hope he makes a Spartacus sequel soon :)

EDIT: Wait no Id rather have The Final Countdown 2. I love that guy!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Even with a $30 discount our cable bill has jumped to $150 for 60 meg internet and a handful of channels. Thinking of dumping it all. If the net neutrality f's it even worse I will dump it without question. Trouble is once I do then my PC is useless these days. I cant even play or buy a game any longer. So if I disappear one day thats why.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm Even with a $30 discount our cable bill has jumped to $150 for 60 meg internet and a handful of channels. Thinking of dumping it all. If the net neutrality f's it even worse I will dump it without question. Trouble is once I do then my PC is useless these days. I cant even play or buy a game any longer. So if I disappear one day thats why.
what about just dropping the cable TV and going for free OTA reception? that will save money and you can keep the internet connection.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm Even with a $30 discount our cable bill has jumped to $150 for 60 meg internet and a handful of channels. Thinking of dumping it all. If the net neutrality f's it even worse I will dump it without question. Trouble is once I do then my PC is useless these days. I cant even play or buy a game any longer. So if I disappear one day thats why.
what about just dropping the cable TV and going for free OTA reception? that will save money and you can keep the internet connection.
tried it....cant pick up anything but NBC here...live right against a large hill with everything on the other sides direction. It was either this year or last we did it. Wife tried to watch everything online but just didn't work out. The tv is all she has and the net is all I have,.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm
tried it....cant pick up anything but NBC here...live right against a large hill with everything on the other sides direction. It was either this year or last we did it. Wife tried to watch everything online but just didn't work out. The tv is all she has and the net is all I have,.
how about cancelling TV and after a few months, using the savings to buy a proper rooftop aerial and having it installed?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It would need to be about 200' high or more.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:I know its not true but I feel minimum wage should be $20 to keep up with taxes and inflation. The cost of living is high here. I cant imagine what its like in San Fran and New York. When you need two minimum wage jobs just to rent an apartment something is off kilter.
You'd need about 10 people to rent an apartment in SF at a $20/hr full time job.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FWIW, the minimum wage in San Francisco is $14, rising to $15 as of 7/1/2018.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah, I just commit to another year to get a $40 discount to keep me from walking away. Then my bill just went up $20. I'm pissed.

Except I'm not pissed, I'm actually in a daze and can't work and can't think. One of my coworkers slipped in to a coma over the weekend. While it doesn't matter who, he was about my favorite coworker, that somehow makes it worse, I think. I dunno. Fucked up.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

The flu sucks. I mean I'm good with losing 3.5 lbs in 24 hours but there's only so many times I can count the tiles in my bathroom.

Better clear up for Wednesday evening, Christmas Vacation at the IMAX...
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Just bring a box and a change of pants.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

there's only so many times I can count the tiles in my bathroom.
thats why you buy a $32 Amazon Fire Tablet to use in there....unless like me you unplug your modem and router to reset while you go to the bathroom.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rookie mistake
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:08 pm
there's only so many times I can count the tiles in my bathroom.
thats why you buy a $32 Amazon Fire Tablet to use in there....unless like me you unplug your modem and router to reset while you go to the bathroom.
He's lying on the floor of the bathroom, not by choice. No tablet is going to fix that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

"Alexis show home remedy for flu symptoms"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image

The very best apple juice on the planet. I love it!! Its sold at Dollar General for a buck a jar.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Food City and Publix may have larger jars.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love the little ones. Just right for a sitting. But I would like them cheaper. I even ask and get them for Christmas presents.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 pm "Alexis show home remedy for flu symptoms"
Unless it can make and bring it to him, Alexis isn't going to be much help. Presumably. The times I've gotten better acquainted with my bathroom floor tiles, I was down there for about 7 hours.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The carbonated apple juice can be a good simulation for campagne w/o the alcohol. If I need to pretend to drink, that's what I'd pick.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds