Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: Random randomness

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:11 pm What's the correct way to eat onion rings?
On a burger or dipped in ranch. If ranch is not available then a mustard/ketchup combo is acceptable.

They must be cooled enough that you can take deep prolonged bite because sucking the onion out of the batter which is wont to happen if consumed too hot, is a completely unacceptable way to consume them. There absolutely must be a batter to onion ratio that is not 0:1.
I have no opinion on onion rings, so I'll let this lower court ruling stand.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my entire dining experience growing up was you didn't ask for someone to 'please pass the [whatever]' at the table, you just reached for and took it yourself. having to do that now (in the admittedly rare eating-at-someones-house-with-a-group situation) is incredibly, incredibly vexing to me. like, far more annoying than it reasonably and proportionally should be. why do i have to make the vocal effort to voice the need for something, then someone else has to extend their effort to retrieve it - or when the same is asked of me? it just makes my skin crawl thinking of it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Feels like just 3 days ago we were talking about page 1000. Now its 1002. How pages fly.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Only the yellow ones.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stessier

Post by stessier »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:46 pm my entire dining experience growing up was you didn't ask for someone to 'please pass the [whatever]' at the table, you just reached for and took it yourself. having to do that now (in the admittedly rare eating-at-someones-house-with-a-group situation) is incredibly, incredibly vexing to me. like, far more annoying than it reasonably and proportionally should be. why do i have to make the vocal effort to voice the need for something, then someone else has to extend their effort to retrieve it - or when the same is asked of me? it just makes my skin crawl thinking of it.
I find that extremely odd. Not that you asked. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:40 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm I love my electric chainsaw and snowblower. I would not like an electric mower unless it were a crazy efficient and cheap BEV that I knew would be serviceable forever. That said, my Honda only goes through about 2 gallons of gas in a season. It's crazy how efficient that thing is. It runs for an hour mow of fairly hard work on like a cup of gas.
Battery electric mowers are crazy efficient and never need service other than blade sharpening/replacement.
How long have you owned it? I've had too many batteries for all intents and purposes die on my cordless garage items within about two years. That has sort of set my attitude to cordless "tools". The idea that I'd have to do the labor to replace lawnmower battery at unknown price four or five years is why ended up with the Honda I have now that has been maintenance free for the last five years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Last night while the kids were downstairs doing tech time, I was watching Squid Game on my iPad. Little B 12.7 came upstairs and heard some of the Korean dialog as she was walking by. She asked what I was watching and when I answered, her response was "Oh, all of my friends are watching that. They say it's awesome!". I told her not to get her hopes up, as she absolutely would not be watching it herself. She seemed disappointed, although I don't think she actually knows what the show is even about.

Am I just a giant prude for thinking that a show as graphically violent and emotionally disturbing as Squid Game is wildly inappropriate for a 12-year-old to be watching? Then again, these are the same parents who were letting their kids play GTA V when they were around 10, so this is pretty much par for the course.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stessier wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:46 pm my entire dining experience growing up was you didn't ask for someone to 'please pass the [whatever]' at the table, you just reached for and took it yourself. having to do that now (in the admittedly rare eating-at-someones-house-with-a-group situation) is incredibly, incredibly vexing to me. like, far more annoying than it reasonably and proportionally should be. why do i have to make the vocal effort to voice the need for something, then someone else has to extend their effort to retrieve it - or when the same is asked of me? it just makes my skin crawl thinking of it.
I find that extremely odd. Not that you asked. :)
LIkewise. We weren't always formal ("Could I get the salt?"), but we still asked. The alternative is to stretch out, get in somebody else's space, get your armpits over their food, and so on.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

"hand me the..." Was the polite way to ask when we were younger. As we got older, we abbreviate to the less polite pointing and grunting.
Zarathud

Random randomness

Post by Zarathud »

My 12 year old knew the entire plot of Squid Game from YouTube. She’s always had bloody dreams but is frightened very easily. She self-censors, and knew to avert her eyes in the gross parts. She was able to watch until the very last episode.

The main character was on her shit list from the moment he disappointed his daughter.

At 12 my friends wanted to watch the Faces of Death, and not being able to watch only increased our interest in horror. My mom likes being scared, so we were able to see a lot. We ended up making home movies with lots of blood in high school.
Last edited by Zarathud on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:53 am Am I just a giant prude for thinking that a show as graphically violent and emotionally disturbing as Squid Game is wildly inappropriate for a 12-year-old to be watching?
I'm not a parent, but if I were, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. I get told I am too much of a prude when it comes to kids though.
dbt1949 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 pm Just watched My Man Godfrey on Amazon Prime. I love those old movies and William Powell was as funny as always.
In college, I and a few others in our fraternity would have Thin Man nights where we would do nothing but drink and watch his Thin Man series of films. Those movies are freaking hilarious.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 am
stessier wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:40 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm I love my electric chainsaw and snowblower. I would not like an electric mower unless it were a crazy efficient and cheap BEV that I knew would be serviceable forever. That said, my Honda only goes through about 2 gallons of gas in a season. It's crazy how efficient that thing is. It runs for an hour mow of fairly hard work on like a cup of gas.
Battery electric mowers are crazy efficient and never need service other than blade sharpening/replacement.
How long have you owned it? I've had too many batteries for all intents and purposes die on my cordless garage items within about two years. That has sort of set my attitude to cordless "tools". The idea that I'd have to do the labor to replace lawnmower battery at unknown price four or five years is why ended up with the Honda I have now that has been maintenance free for the last five years.
Five or six years - I can't remember exactly.

"Labor to replace lawnmower battery" means getting on the Lowes or Home Depot website and ordering one. They are about $100-150. If you truly use 2 gallons of gas per year, the only thing you have to worry about is a defective battery that would fail inside the warranty period (3-5 years depending on the model). These are Li-ion - they are fine for long term storage. Not using a gas lawnmower for one hour is the same as taking a gas car off the road for 1000 miles. They are pollution generation volcanos.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 am My 12 year old knew the entire plot of Squid Game from YouTube. She’s always had bloody dreams but is frightened very easily. She self-censors, and knew to avert her eyes in the gross parts. She was able to watch until the very last episode.
Depends on the kid, but 12 seems a bit young.

However, most of the violence is gunshots at close range, something most kids have seen thousands of times in action movies and videogames. There's a lot of blood on the floor and on bodies, but only a little bit of gore (much of it in a surgical operating-room context). Some of the close-up stabbings are pretty grim, though.

Bigger than the violence are the suspense and tension. Some people will find these harder to take than the actual violence, which sometimes even feels like a release.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If you truly use 2 gallons of gas per year,
Less actually. I have a two gallon "can" and I don't even fill it in March every year because I don't want gas going bad between seasons. Even though it takes me an hour to mow my lawn, my lot postage stamp sized and that Honda just doesn't burn gas.

A corded mower would just be too much of a PITA and 5 years ago I didn't treat the BEV models seriously because literally none of the cordless tools in my garage have a battery that would last more than a couple of years and they all use proprietary batteries. This led me to buying corded tools and to not buying brand names that I don't have faith will widely exist in a decade's time. Greenworks corded electric has gained my trust over the last five or six years. I have a number of their corded tools now and I would engage them a well priced lawnmower in the future but I anticipate my Honda will last another decade with little maintenance on my part.

The good news is, I don't actually believe in mowing my lawn and would stop doing it all together in a heartbeat if the city would let me and my neighbors would tolerate it but they will put a blight notice on my door if I let it grow more than a couple of weeks. They also made me get rid of compost, which is where all my grass clippings and yard waste went. I am not exactly what you would call the envy of my neighborhood when it comes to lawn care.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I coveted my neighbor's battery-powered mower until last fall. He was complaining about having to put >60 bags of leaves at the curb, so I showed him how chopping them with a lawnmower reduces their volume by 75% -- my yard's almost identical to his, and I only fill 15 bags a year. Plus the opening to my grass catcher exactly fits into the top of a yard waste bag, so using my mower to pick up the leaves saves me a ton of bending and lifting (which is the most odious part of raking, after all). He soon discovered that his mower isn't powerful enough to chop leaves, so I abandoned the idea of getting one.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am I coveted my neighbor's battery-powered mower until last fall. He was complaining about having to put >60 bags of leaves at the curb, so I showed him how chopping them with a lawnmower reduces their volume by 75% -- my yard's almost identical to his, and I only fill 15 bags a year. Plus the opening to my grass catcher exactly fits into the top of a yard waste bag, so using my mower to pick up the leaves saves me a ton of bending and lifting (which is the most odious part of raking, after all). He soon discovered that his mower isn't powerful enough to chop leaves, so I abandoned the idea of getting one.
chopping them up in the lawnmower means I rake 0 bags and take them to curb. They make a good insulation in the winter and decomposing fertilizer in the spring.

Do electrics not mulch? I am sure they will by the time I am in the market to replace mine.
Plus the opening to my grass catcher exactly fits into the top of a yard waste bag,
That must be nice. That is the biggest pain for me when I let my yard get too out of control, even for me and the grass is too thick to mulch properly. I thought I was going to enjoy how clean a bagged lawn was until I started bagging 6 to 8 lawn bags (and about 16 lawnmowing stops to deal with the PITA that is bagging) every time I mowed. That put the kabosh on bagging quick.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

My electric mower mulches.

As well, I have a leaf blower that can be configured instead to suck. And comes with a pretty decent collection bag. Though, it turns the leaves into dust, almost; so transferring to a trash bag can be a bit messy.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yes, electric mowers mulch. Here is a site I liked when I was helping my brother shop over the summer. It haa a number of reviews. Even if you are not in the market, it will at least give you an idea of their capabilities.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:31 am
Do electrics not mulch? I am sure they will by the time I am in the market to replace mine.
Not the thick blanket of leaves that we get. I suppose one might try to mulch them if one mowed almost daily. When the oaks and maples drop their load, there is waaaay too much to compost or mulch on-site.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

We got a Ryobi electric mower with battery. Its pretty good. Had it for 3 years now, runs amazing. Small yard here.
The battery just plugs in and out, so you can pop it on the charger. The mower uses a unique battery.
We also have a pile of other Ryobi tools, all cordless, and they use an interchangeable battery, and thats awesome. leaf blower, hedge trimmer, saw, drill, boom box, sander. Some of them came with battery, and some didn't, so we have a backup battery on the charger whenever we are working on a project.

Why the boombox? It uses the big battery, but also, you can use the usb out to charge your phone. So during a power outage, we can use it as a big ass power bank. get about 3 phone charges from one ryobi battery.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 am We got a Ryobi electric mower with battery. Its pretty good. Had it for 3 years now, runs amazing. Small yard here.
The battery just plugs in and out, so you can pop it on the charger. The mower uses a unique battery.
We also have a pile of other Ryobi tools, all cordless, and they use an interchangeable battery, and thats awesome. leaf blower, hedge trimmer, saw, drill, boom box, sander. Some of them came with battery, and some didn't, so we have a backup battery on the charger whenever we are working on a project.

Why the boombox? It uses the big battery, but also, you can use the usb out to charge your phone. So during a power outage, we can use it as a big ass power bank. get about 3 phone charges from one ryobi battery.
Ryobi is one of the brands that is hard sale to me. Maybe 15 years ago I bought 3 yard tool cordless set and the single 18 volt battery included might last 20 minutes from a full charge. The battery was proprietary and expensive and charging was an overnight affair. Effectively meaning the blower, hedge trimmer, and weed wacker were useless to me. I'm not doing my electric charged work 20 minutes at a time. I'm sure they've gotten better over time but burn me once, and that's one time too many.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Yeah, there are a lot of brands to choose from. Ryobi was on super sale right when I bought my house, and so far I haven't had any trouble.
Lot of folks seem to think Milwalkee is the bees knees. The reddit threads sure bring out some vitriol when discussing tool brands. You think andriod vs Iphone is bad , woof, those tool brand threads can get naasty
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I bought based on price. I needed something (also for my new house, so this would have been 2003 or maybe 2004) and the Riyobi was a whole set of what I needed for under $100. If I migrate back from corded to cordless I'll definitely do my diligence instead of price shopping.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I had a similar issue, but with power tools. I bought a set on sale for ~$90. I don't use them that often, but it was a drag to come along ~5 years later and discover that the battery was dead. A replacement battery was ~$80. Since then I've picked up a corded drill and screwdriver. So I won't ever be without.

We picked up a corded mower earlier this year. The cord is a bit of a drag, but not too bad. It's changed how I do the mowing (front to back instead of back to front). I know a battery would be more convenient. Up until the charge didn't last long enough, or additional batteries were required.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well today Steam makes 3 accounts Ive had foreigners log into in a month. Well tried. They knew my name and pass and since it was not my area IP steam guard wanted a code from my email which they couldn't access. I changed my pass just now.

one fucktard was in Britain and one in Korea. Hate shit of the earth like them. I had that password since setting up Steam all those years ago. My hacks just started recently. In fact not long after fully updating my OS.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My tablet continues to frustrate and annoy me. Its SO SLOW now even with cleanings and reboots and full shut downs. It loads pages so you'll see what to click on but right when you try its still loading and will bounce the page up or down so you get misclicks and have to start reloading that page again unless you wait 4 min. Now it like to take swipes and click and hold and bring up the menu box. Its SO DAMN SLOW its stalls and thinks swipes are complete pauses.

It also stalls and just sits there trying to load something. Sometimes failing that it simply dumps me back at the main screen . ARGH.!!

Last night I was looking at Kickstarter and tried to swipe up and it took it as a click on a product. I tried to move it and it said thanks for the donation..%$E^$%&$^&!!!! Luckily it was just a dollar but damnit I need that dollar this month. Though I haven't seen it from my bank yet and cant find whatever it was on Kickstarter either...yet. It will probably draw out when I have less than a dollar in the bank then Ill get hit with $40 more and there will go that month.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:31 pm My tablet continues to frustrate and annoy me. Its SO SLOW now even with cleanings and reboots and full shut downs. It loads pages so you'll see what to click on but right when you try its still loading and will bounce the page up or down so you get misclicks and have to start reloading that page again unless you wait 4 min. Now it like to take swipes and click and hold and bring up the menu box. Its SO DAMN SLOW its stalls and thinks swipes are complete pauses.

It also stalls and just sits there trying to load something. Sometimes failing that it simply dumps me back at the main screen . ARGH.!!

Last night I was looking at Kickstarter and tried to swipe up and it took it as a click on a product. I tried to move it and it said thanks for the donation..%$E^$%&$^&!!!! Luckily it was just a dollar but damnit I need that dollar this month. Though I haven't seen it from my bank yet and cant find whatever it was on Kickstarter either...yet. It will probably draw out when I have less than a dollar in the bank then Ill get hit with $40 more and there will go that month.
Unless the Kickstarter has ended, you haven't been charged yet. You can find the item in your KS profile and then go delete your donation.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:24 am I had a similar issue, but with power tools. I bought a set on sale for ~$90. I don't use them that often, but it was a drag to come along ~5 years later and discover that the battery was dead. A replacement battery was ~$80. Since then I've picked up a corded drill and screwdriver. So I won't ever be without.

We picked up a corded mower earlier this year. The cord is a bit of a drag, but not too bad. It's changed how I do the mowing (front to back instead of back to front). I know a battery would be more convenient. Up until the charge didn't last long enough, or additional batteries were required.
The conventional wisdom that I discovered was that there are a few core companies that make battery powered power tools (DeWalt was one, I think and Craftsman/B&D, a couple of others.) They generally design their tools now so that the rechargeable battery packs are interchangeable 90% of the time, save for a small number of specialty tools with more extreme power requirements. So when you start collecting tools, you get them all from the same company. You're buying into an ecosystem, sort of like choosing Apple. Then you can just grab whatever tool you need, whatever battery pack is charged, and go. The batteries still go bad eventually, but you only have to get one or two to power every one of your tools instead of replacing all of them.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I see where the DR people make battery powered equipment but charge a lot more. Are they worth it?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm
Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:31 pm My tablet continues to frustrate and annoy me. Its SO SLOW now even with cleanings and reboots and full shut downs. It loads pages so you'll see what to click on but right when you try its still loading and will bounce the page up or down so you get misclicks and have to start reloading that page again unless you wait 4 min. Now it like to take swipes and click and hold and bring up the menu box. Its SO DAMN SLOW its stalls and thinks swipes are complete pauses.

Unless the Kickstarter has ended, you haven't been charged yet. You can find the item in your KS profile and then go delete your donation.
That's a dollar that Daehawk could have spent on butterscotch and cheddar flavored nacho chips, or whatever hell else he finds delicious this week that would make most of us stop believing in a just God.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Also, why does KS automatically know your billing information and can issue you an instant receipt with the push of a button? I have backed...too many KS projects and I still manually enter my CC info every.single.time.

Where's the KS for butterscotch and cheddar flavored nachos??
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My wife got me a cordless Ryobi drill off Ebay in the early 2010's . Id been wanting needing one a long while and she surprised me with it. I was so happy! Had no idea who Ryobi was then. But since then Ive gotten a Ryobi circular saw with flashlight. With cordless tools I stick with Ryobi. Good quality and lower prices. I love their batteries. With corded tools I tend to stick to Black & Decker. And with gas tools its Echo. All my stuff is older now but still going.

I did get a Ryobi pole saw that I returned. It worked but was not intended for what I was putting it through and the pole broke. When I get the money one day plan to get a Ryobi chainsaw. Thought Id just use my gas one but i thought I was dying last time i tried using it and it took forever to start and run. I was give out before I started. Thought I was having some cardiac trouble. Haven't got back to that part of the yard since then....that was spring or last fall. With battery chainsaws I can just walk up and cut. One day.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:06 pm Also, why does KS automatically know your billing information and can issue you an instant receipt with the push of a button? I have backed...too many KS projects and I still manually enter my CC info every.single.time.

Where's the KS for butterscotch and cheddar flavored nachos??
I was wondering that. Im not sure it does. I still dont see it listed in KS in my profile. So yet it said thanks for donating I dont see it.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Paingod wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm

We've been using an electric mower powered by battery for over a year now and I love it. No noise, no fumes. One charge runs it for about 45 minutes. If we mow as often as we should, that covers the whole yard. If we don't, it needs a little charge to finish the last 1/3.

We're on our second rechargeable mower now. First one was with a lead battery built-into the mower, so you had to plug the mower itself which in the end wasn't quite as convenient as we thought it would be. We had that one for a few years before upgrading to one where we could swap out batteries. Our yard is big enough that it requires several charges to fully mow it, and that's with two batteries. This summer we bought a second charger for it so that we could have the two batteries charging at any time. Ours uses 60V batteries.

One of our neighbours who uses a gas mower like how quiet ours is and said the next mower they get will be electric.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm Well today Steam makes 3 accounts Ive had foreigners log into in a month. Well tried. They knew my name and pass and since it was not my area IP steam guard wanted a code from my email which they couldn't access. I changed my pass just now.

one fucktard was in Britain and one in Korea. Hate shit of the earth like them. I had that password since setting up Steam all those years ago. My hacks just started recently. In fact not long after fully updating my OS.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm Well today Steam makes 3 accounts Ive had foreigners log into in a month. Well tried. They knew my name and pass and since it was not my area IP steam guard wanted a code from my email which they couldn't access. I changed my pass just now.

If they keep trying to access your accounts, stop relying on changing the passwords to stop them (you should still change them, just don't assume it'll do much), and start figuring out how they got the passwords. As mentioned, make sure you aren't reusing passwords, but also make sure that your system isn't compromised or you'll just keep feeding them the new passwords. Do virus and malware scans, and by 'do scans', I don't mean to pick one AV/malware product and scan with it, I mean to use multiple scanners and check with all of them, doing a thorough (not quick scan.) Use trials if you need to.

Also, you have no idea where the fucktards are. I can go and post from Britain and Korea without leaving my living room, and I could do both in two or three minutes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ran the scanners I have..just Security Essential and MalwareBytes. Will look for others. Can always delete them afterwards.

My only clue is it was a month or so after fully updating my OS and less than a week after the huge Twitch leak . Though I dont use multiple passwords with twitch and its a separate one anyways.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive made the decision to visit my wife's parents graves. We never much went to my side of the family graves because they are scattered here and there and far away from the house. Some in different counties. The one here in town is actually near the house but the roads are so rotten and rutted and unpaved we avoided it due to car damage and dragging. Her parents are buried at a little country church just down the road. Takes about 5 minutes to drive there.

but we went each fall to put flowers on her father's grave and her mom's beside it. They died years apart and somehow we afforded a headstone for him but could only get a flat marker type for her mom. She was cremated as well. Times changed between their deaths and money was not available.

Anyways we'd do that together ...the flowers and visit. But the year she died I just was not myself in any way. I dont remember much of that year. I know i posted here. Bout it. Last year I couldn't make myself go. I figured the flowers we had put there in 2018 were still there...looking awful I guess...but I didn't want to change what we had done together for a grave. Maybe it was 2017. I remember one year we didn't feel up to going. hmmm.

But now I have the urge to go do it. They were my family as well and we cared to the grave together . If something is still there we put there together then the more the better and Ill bring it home. I may need to wait until next month but at least im ready.

Side note......funny how the stuff Ive always loved and collected isn't worth shit on the markets lol.

Hoping to live just long enough to pay the damn house off and buy a few things. A grave plot and headstone for us are two items.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I don't know that I've ever made a special trip to visit some one at the graveyard.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 pm Ran the scanners I have..just Security Essential and MalwareBytes. Will look for others. Can always delete them afterwards.

My only clue is it was a month or so after fully updating my OS and less than a week after the huge Twitch leak . Though I dont use multiple passwords with twitch and its a separate one anyways.
If you are not already using a secure password manager (many/most of which include built-in HIBP support), try using the HaveIBeenPwned.com Pwned Passwords service. That will safely check whether an individual password has previously been seen in a data breach.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke