Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

dbt1949

Re: Random randomness

Post by dbt1949 »

The other day I went to the dentist for some "deep cleaning". They gave me nitrous oxide. Now I want to go back for some more "deep cleaning".
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Woke up to a kitchen full of black ants. Not the little piss ants but full sized black ants with kevlar and AKs. Maybe they are carpenter ants. I must have killed 300 or more. Usually theres just 3 or 4. Looked like they were making a home in a porcelain frog I use to store my dish washing sponge. I think there was 400 alone in there. I sprayed with some flea spray my dog uses. I think Im going to have to get some 20 mule team borax. Hear it works well.

Also I squished one and his mouth part stabbed my thumb and its bleeding. Thats how big those suckers are. Ouchie.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

ok, so Family Feud is so so so "Mature Audience" these days. Wow. And I don't just mean some innuendo.

"Name something you tell a teenager to keep their hands off."

eventually someone submits: "themselves"

DING DING DING.

-- pause -- I'm Ok with this... this is fine.

They win their point... they flip the sign over and it reads (something like): "The Mighty Muscle"

wtf?

I watched and there was really quite a bit of this... like I seriously would never watch this show with my kids until they were like, well until they wouldn't want to watch TV with me.
oh well, it's a fun gameshow.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

How can I consistently pick out so many bad movies out of Netflix? You'd think I studied for this in collage.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

So this is cool if you use Last.fm: http://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/ .

These are my most-listened-to artists over the past 12 months:

Enlarge Image

(Don't judge. Korn is only on there due to "Narcissistic Cannibal" being the most catchy nu-metal/dubstep song ever.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You know what would be interesting? Predator vs a superhero.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe next year, maybe no go
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I was reading about that just now. Batman always wins because he can invent ANYTHING! (and build it in less that 48 hours)
Somehow all the superheroes can almost always win.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

funny how we both have Judas Priest in the center.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I just assumed everyone would. 8-)

What do you think of their new album? I'm relatively new to Priest (ashamed, I know), so I don't have historical context. It's clear Never The Heroes is anthemic though. But after a few listens my favourites are No Surrender (has a classic sound, no?) and Sea of Red (hell of a power ballad closer, right on up there with Lochness and Red, White & Blue).

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Enlarge Image
18-1™ & 2-0
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Sudy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 pm (Don't judge. Korn is only on there due to "Narcissistic Cannibal" being the most catchy nu-metal/dubstep song ever.)
Judging. ;)

I don't use Last.fm (my streaming choice is Spotify), but looked into it as a result of your post. Would be fascinated to know what result that would give me. You can apparently link your Spotify and Last.fm accounts, but it doesn't pull data. :(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

BUT HAVE YOU HEARD NARCISSITIC CANNIBAL? Or at least, the piano/strings EarlyRise cover? (It's far less... "Korn".)

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Last.fm. Maybe it's a Millennial thing? I've "scrobbled" 34,000+ tracks since 2006. We all listed trackers in our LiveJournal profiles, etc. 8-) They're not actually a streaming service... though they did dabble in a web-based version at one point I believe. Now they actually integrate Spotify playback directly into their site. (Though that may be a membership-only, $3/month feature, I forget.)

Yeah, unfortunately you can't import tracks you've already listened to (even though Spotify retains this data). You can always start tracking today though, in a few weeks you should have cool data for their visualizations. (Huge list of 'em here, some more interesting than others. But will break down your tracks listened to by time of day, nationality of the artist, etc.)

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've heard of Last.fm, just never used it.

Created an account this morning and spent about 15 minutes just trying to figure out how what the hell it actually is. I'm still not entirely sure, to be honest. It looks like it links to your music sources, compiles data on what you listen to, and then...? I don't really get it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah... that's pretty much it. :lol: It's useless but kinda fun. Can be another tool for finding new music.

If anything, creates stress in your life in that you feel like listening to music doesn't "count" if it's not on a device that's linked.

If you intend to keep using it, "friend me" or whatever ("Khronophor")... maybe you'll introduce me to something cool. (And again, NO JUDGING! I listened to so much Fall Out Boy a decade ago because it was Mrs. Nym's band and we were dating. Though they're actually pretty impressive musically on their later albums....)

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm not a big guy on mourning the loss of someone I don't know. But Scott Hutchinson's death is selfishly hitting me hard this morning. As someone who has felt your art through empathy, I hope you are at peace or at the very least, at nothing. :cry:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
A Phoenix-area man went on a date -- one date -- with a woman he met online.

The meeting likely didn't go well. Not only wasn't there a repeat, he blocked her from the dating app, the woman said. That was last year.
Police say that in the next 17 months, the woman sent the man text messages -- about 65 THOUSAND of them, including 500 in one day.

In court documents, prosecutors laid out how threatening the tone of some of them were: One said, "Don't ever try to leave me. I'll kill you. I don't wanna be a murderer." In another, she said she would kill him if he left her, and would wear his body parts and bathe in his blood, the documents said.
When the man was out of town last month, he noticed in his home surveillance that the woman broke into his house and was taking a bath in his tub, police said.

Police came to the residence and discovered not only an uninvited houseguest, but also a large butcher knife in the front seat of her car.

Officers took her into custody and charged her with felony trespassing. When it was time for her to appear in court, she didn't, authorities said. A warrant was issued for her arrest.

On Tuesday, police in Paradise Valley, a small, affluent town in Arizona, arrested the woman after they say she showed up at the man's business and claimed to be his wife.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

While the woman's behavior seems ridiculously insane, the real story is that the guy waited through 17 months of text stalking before finally calling the cops because she broke into his apartment.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Freyland wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 pm While the woman's behavior seems ridiculously insane, the real story is that the guy waited through 17 months of text stalking before finally calling the cops because she broke into his apartment.
Are you saying there's a chance?
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Moat_Man wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Freyland wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 pm While the woman's behavior seems ridiculously insane, the real story is that the guy waited through 17 months of text stalking before finally calling the cops because she broke into his apartment.
Are you saying there's a chance?
Must be, since apparently text # 65001 somehow signified it was time to take the relationship to the "next level".
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

For six decades, ‘the man with the golden arm’ donated blood — and saved 2.4 million babies
“In Australia, up until about 1967, there were literally thousands of babies dying each year, doctors didn’t know why, and it was awful,” Jemma Falkenmire, of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service, told Gupta. “Women were having numerous miscarriages, and babies were being born with brain damage.”

The babies, it turned out, were suffering from hemolytic disease of the newborn, or HDN. The condition most often arises when a woman with an Rh-negative blood type becomes pregnant with a baby who has Rh-positive blood, and the incompatibility causes the mother’s body to reject the fetus’s red blood cells.

Doctors realized, however, that it might be possible to prevent HDN by injecting the pregnant woman with a treatment made from donated plasma with a rare antibody.

Researchers scoured blood banks to see whose blood might contain this antibody, and found a donor in New South Wales: James Harrison.

By then, Harrison had been donating whole blood regularly for more than a decade. He has said he didn’t think twice when scientists reached out to him to ask if he would participate in what would become known as the Anti-D Program.

“They asked me to be a guinea pig, and I’ve been donating ever since,” Harrison told the Sydney Morning Herald.

Before long, researchers had developed an injection, called Anti-D, using plasma from Harrison’s donated blood. The first dose was given to a pregnant woman at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in 1967, according to Robyn Barlow, the Rh program coordinator who found Harrison.

Harrison continued donating for more than 60 years, and his plasma has been used to make millions of Anti-D injections, according to the Red Cross. Because about 17 percent of pregnant women in Australia require the Anti-D injections, the blood service estimates Harrison has helped 2.4 million babies in the country.

“Every ampul of Anti-D ever made in Australia has James in it,” Barlow told the Sydney Morning Herald. “He has saved millions of babies. I cry just thinking about it.”
That is mind-boggling...
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

+1. Neat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think that was a worry with me. Im not sure. I remember mom telling me dad HAD to be there when I was born in case I needed blood. She was A- and dad was A+. I honestly dont think dad made it but I was ok with A-. Lucky I guess.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My wife has AB- type blood. Her mom had A+ type blood. Her "dad" had O+ type blood.
Her mom told her she was 7 weeks premature and had a blood transfusion when she was born (to match they're marriage anniversary )that's why she had a different blood type.
Finally, on her deathbed when questioned about it again said "I promised I'd never tell."
Personally, I think her mom is a selfish bitch.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Freyland wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 3:29 am Must be, since apparently text # 65001 somehow signified it was time to take the relationship to the "next level".
Maybe it's an integer overflow situation. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Nothing beats getting a "hey gurl I found your number in my phone what r u doing..." random text at 8am on Mother's Day. I mean really, man.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Sorry that was me.

y u not txt back?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Write back. Tell them the STD is burning less each day and the blisters are almost gone. Ask if they might be free this weekend.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:44 am Nothing beats getting a "hey gurl I found your number in my phone what r u doing..." random text at 8am on Mother's Day. I mean really, man.
So it sounds like you are about to have big plans on Mothers Day.......

Don't forget protection.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:44 am Nothing beats getting a "hey gurl I found your number in my phone what r u doing..." random text at 8am on Mother's Day. I mean really, man.
See if you can keep it going for 18 months. Beat the record!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Sudy wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:37 am I just assumed everyone would. 8-)

What do you think of their new album? I'm relatively new to Priest (ashamed, I know), so I don't have historical context. It's clear Never The Heroes is anthemic though. But after a few listens my favourites are No Surrender (has a classic sound, no?) and Sea of Red (hell of a power ballad closer, right on up there with Lochness and Red, White & Blue).
it's pretty impressive for a band so far along in their career. i didn't get into metal until about 15 years ago, but Judas Priest were a band i latched onto at a really young age (i think i was 7 at the time) for some reason. i've been actually giving all their albums a listen lately, since the only cassette i ever had was _Screaming for Vengeance_.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I wonder if I can turn my wife in for cruelty to old people after making me do all these chores she felt "had to be does right now", not 2 minutes from now.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My mother in law was the right this second type. Im far from it. I like to finish what Im doing. She was also the type where if it wasn't done right that second she would go do it herself. Somehow she thought this was a punishment to me. I would just shrug and keep doing what i was doing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tomorrow I go here. Not sure many of you are old farty enough to remember Burger Chef. They were once bigger than McDonalds. This place was that but is a name change only. Same food same broiler. Pretty cool place.

https://www.facebook.com/THECHEFCLEVELANDTENN/

Enlarge Image
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The suburb I grew up in had a Burger Chef; we used to get takeout there once a week. After a while Burger King opened almost next door. It wasn't long after that that the Chef closed and McDonalds went into their spot. Never liked McD as much.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

It's interesting which burger joint supplants which. Around here, it seems like Five Guys is killing Wendy's. One opens, a Wendy's nearby closes. The Burger King just down the street stays put.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Shall we play a game?
Last week, police in Concord, California, arrested a high school student police say successfully deployed a series of phishing emails targeting teachers at his school in an attempt to change the grades of numerous students. Those emails provided a link to a site that appeared to be similar to an authentic grade portal, allowing the suspect to capture legitimate login credentials. Why the accused student did not change any of his own grades is unclear.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

We are not afraid of you!

And here I thought I was the only fan of Willow much like I think henzau and I are the only fans of Popeye

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/05/1 ... lucasfilm/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love Willow!! Still trying to talk the wife into seeing it.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I just measured myself it appears I'm now wearing a 19 inch neck. Eeek. The only shirt I can collar my neck is like a f***ing tent under my armpits.

Either I custom fit for a shirt (which costs me $$$$$$ I don't have) or I take this monster shirt to my local tailor and see what they can do with it.

In the meanwhile, I ordered a new shirt from Amazon's house brand "Buttoned Down". Chest seems right and neck size is right. We'll see about the rest.

(And I finally figured out what they mean by "classic fit" "slim fit" and "athletic fit". Classic fit is "normal", slim fit is narrower chest and waist, and athletic fit is even narrower chest and waist. .
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds