Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:35 pm Being able to order grocery delivery to the house has sure cut down on the time I have to spend oot and aboot.
Myself id never allow someone else to pick my food. I want to see it feel it and inspect it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I worried a bit about that with expiration dates (especially bread), and fruits/vegetables, but they seem to do a pretty good job so far.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've found Thursday afternoons to be the ideal grocery shopping time. The store is being stocked for the weekend and foot traffic is mostly employees picking orders for delivery.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

When Wife interrupts me, I say "Excuse me, there is still noise coming from my word hole."
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Whenever there's a tragic death, you always see news story tributes in which their loved ones remember them in heartfelt but clichéd terms. "She was the heart and soul of the family." "He was the most wonderful son anyone could dream of." "She truly loved loved other human beings; she'd give her kidney to a stranger." I understand the role this may play to the bereaved, but it kind of comes off as bullshit. How come only the angelic ever die young? My wife is under strict orders that should I die unexpectedly, she's to comment, "He was a bit of an asshole, but generally brought home the bacon."

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When my wife dies it will be two weeks before she stops talking.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sounds like you have a date worked out there Col. Mustard.

:)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive wanted to try Sake since I was old enough to buy beer but never did for some reason. So I bought a bottle the other day. Its semi filtered so still has bits of rice in it and its cloudy. It looks like milk almost. Turns out rice wine is semi sweet too. its very easy to drink and very tasty actually. 14% alcohol but as I had always heard be careful with it as it will hit you hard. It does. This type is not to be heated at all and is better room temp and or chilled it says on the bottle label itself.

Its so good. And it hits ya. its like a slightly sweet alcoholic milk. And best of all it was only $4. I will most def be getting more in my future. Might buy a bottle for my sister too. Dont think she has ever tried it and she loves sweet wine. We usually love red muscadine.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

sake, mead and cider are the only alcohols i can get into.... still can't have very much.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still want to try mead. No festivals around here so not sure where to buy that.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Official OO masks?
Spoiler:
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Why is it that in all three instances of a tire leak over the last five years, they've all been sidewall punctures requiring a new tire? I don't recall having this problem with my old Toyota Matrix, but my Honda Civic has yet to have a puncture that didn't result in a new tire.

Ah well, interestingly enough I opted to get the road hazard tire insurance at my Firestone auto care store yesterday when I was replacing the tire. Then they retroactively allowed me to purchase road hazard insurance on all my other tires purchased there last year, After paying for all the insurance on the tires, they prorated the new tire as part of the insurance. I ended up paying 3 dollars less for the new tire, and got road hazard insurance on all my tires at the same time. Score!
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now that you're paying for insurance you'll never get another flat.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

With my luck, I'll get one before I finish writing this sentence.
He won. Period.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Taunwokorg.
Spoiler:
A Porg stuffed into an Ewok, stuffed into a Tauntaun.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Taunwokorg-corplac a la Tuskan
Archinerd wrote:Taunwokorg.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
a Taunwokorg fed to a Rancor then slow cooked in a Saarlac pit, which is freshly killed and seared by locally sourced Tusken raiders. Served with gluten-free blue milk
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

/me marks blue milk off Christmas dinner list.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:16 pm Taunwokorg-corplac a la Tuskan
Archinerd wrote:Taunwokorg.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
a Taunwokorg fed to a Rancor then slow cooked in a Saarlac pit, which is freshly killed and seared by locally sourced Tusken raiders. Served with gluten-free blue milk
Spoiler:
Get a space worm to eat the whole thing and then you've got a feast!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant make any 800 number calls today. When I try I get zilch..no rings no anything. Local is fine.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Getting a person to speak to at Human Services was a living hell before COVID now its IMPOSSIBLE. The menu says the person thats listed as my case worker doesn't exist even. No one ever picks up no matter what menu choice I choose. The voice mail for the place is full. You go by and the front door is blocked. Yet they can ruin your life. Fuck them. Im going by this week and shove their shit out of my way.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:51 pm Getting a person to speak to at Human Services was a living hell before COVID now its IMPOSSIBLE. The menu says the person thats listed as my case worker doesn't exist even. No one ever picks up no matter what menu choice I choose. The voice mail for the place is full. You go by and the front door is blocked. Yet they can ruin your life. Fuck them. Im going by this week and shove their shit out of my way.
That'll be sure to get a result. It won't be a good one, but you'll likely get a few free meals out of it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

The Gentlemen's Companion, a guide to the brothels of New York City. Published in 1870.
The establishment at No. 111 Spring street is a house of assignation kept by Hattie Taylor. It is a third class house where may be found the lowest class of courtezans. It is patronized by roughs and rowdies, and by gentlemen who turn their shirts wrong side out when the other side is dirty.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

111 Spring street looks like its an Adidas store now. Darnit.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:39 pm ...and by gentlemen who turn their shirts wrong side out when the other side is dirty.
[/quote]
I think they were on to something.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Oh joy, my mystery two-factor authenticator is back. I've received four texts over the past week that simply say "Your verification code is XXXXX".

Still have no idea what site or system of mine they're trying to access so I don't know what password to change. :evil:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 am Oh joy, my mystery two-factor authenticator is back. I've received four texts over the past week that simply say "Your verification code is XXXXX".

Still have no idea what site or system of mine they're trying to access so I don't know what password to change. :evil:
You would think part of the security protocol for these things would be to include in the text the name of the system.

Man, that sounds frustrating.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Unagi wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 am Oh joy, my mystery two-factor authenticator is back. I've received four texts over the past week that simply say "Your verification code is XXXXX".

You would think part of the security protocol for these things would be to include in the text the name of the system.

Man, that sounds frustrating.
This has happened a couple times before. It's the only one I've ever seen that doesn't say what it's for.

I changed all my important passwords within the last month so I'm not too concerned about it. It's more just annoying (and a bit unnerving) that someone is trying to access my accounts and I don't know which one.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got my regular "we see your having trouble logging into your imgur account"..nope no Im not. Maybe its the same sad idiot.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:59 am It's more just annoying (and a bit unnerving) that someone is trying to access my accounts and I don't know which one.
Yeah, risks aside - that would annoy the hell out of me.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have been getting calls saying my apple account is displaying suspicious activity, stay on the line for a representative. Nope. Block.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When it happened over the summer, LM thought it might be some sort of scam. I can't really imagine what though, as there's not a link or any other way to interact with it. Just a "Your verification code is XXXXX" message.

I've now received 8 confirmation texts from the same place since June. :?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:54 am When it happened over the summer, LM thought it might be some sort of scam. I can't really imagine what though, as there's not a link or any other way to interact with it. Just a "Your verification code is XXXXX" message.

Any 2-factor verification texts or emails I receive always tell me who it's from. None of them come without any sort of identification as to what the account is.
Hodor.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:54 am When it happened over the summer, LM thought it might be some sort of scam. I can't really imagine what though, as there's not a link or any other way to interact with it. Just a "Your verification code is XXXXX" message.

Alas, for the reasons This Week in Tech outlines below, SMS isn't just bad two-factor authentication, sometimes it isn't two-factor authentication at all:

Needless to say, a hardware authentication device, such as a YubiKey, makes for a vastly more secure option.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Brian

Post by Brian »

hepcat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:30 am Why is it that in all three instances of a tire leak over the last five years, they've all been sidewall punctures requiring a new tire? I don't recall having this problem with my old Toyota Matrix, but my Honda Civic has yet to have a puncture that didn't result in a new tire.
We had a sidewall blowout in our Civic Si on New Years Eve last year. Sitting on the side of the highway waiting for a flatbed was not how we planned to ring in the new year. Seems 2020 started its shenanigans early for us.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Brian wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:57 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:30 am Why is it that in all three instances of a tire leak over the last five years, they've all been sidewall punctures requiring a new tire? I don't recall having this problem with my old Toyota Matrix, but my Honda Civic has yet to have a puncture that didn't result in a new tire.
We had a sidewall blowout in our Civic Si on New Years Eve last year. Sitting on the side of the highway waiting for a flatbed was not how we planned to ring in the new year. Seems 2020 started its shenanigans early for us.
That reminds me of the time my timing chain snapped (cheap ass nylon) on the way home from Thanksgiving. And at the time I barely had two nickels to rub together. Fun times.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Our last car died as I was slowing for a red light on the bypass. Had to wait on the tow and then find a ride home too. Was a timing belt. Would crank but never hit. As I recall it was common on that model car.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

When and why did people start saying "shake their head yes"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 pm When and why did people start saying "shake their head yes"
Technically nodding up and down is shaking.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Brian wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:57 pm
I think it's time for disposable cars.
He won. Period.