Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

MHS

Re: Random randomness

Post by MHS »

C.diff colitis AGAIN, after a 5 day hospitalization for an antibiotic resistant kidney infection with a picc line for IV antibiotics after discharge. This shit (pun intended) sucks bad enough even when there isn't a global toilet paper shortage due to a pandemic. I'm just so tired. I wish I knew what it felt like to be a healthy person.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Holman

Post by Holman »

MHS wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 pm C.diff colitis AGAIN, after a 5 day hospitalization for an antibiotic resistant kidney infection with a picc line for IV antibiotics after discharge. This shit (pun intended) sucks bad enough even when there isn't a global toilet paper shortage due to a pandemic. I'm just so tired. I wish I knew what it felt like to be a healthy person.
:(

You with friendly supporters?

Will mail TP if necessary.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 pm Wow thank you. I didn't even know they made products like that. Hmm need to buy a hose. Also dont have a sprayer. I wonder if my battery powered grass killer jug sprayer would be ok. All the stuff Ive heard about Roundup I dont really want any on me lol.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either. They have much smaller bottles that are cheaper as well. It really works great - and pretty quick.

I think I just mixed it with water into a spray jug (this) and it was fine. If you have a regular spray bottle I am pretty sure you can just use that as well. I used the jug to reach spots without needing to get on a ladder.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

MHS wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 pm I wish I knew what it felt like to be a healthy person.
:(

Sorry to hear it. Better days ahead?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

MHS wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 pm C.diff colitis AGAIN, after a 5 day hospitalization for an antibiotic resistant kidney infection with a picc line for IV antibiotics after discharge. This shit (pun intended) sucks bad enough even when there isn't a global toilet paper shortage due to a pandemic. I'm just so tired. I wish I knew what it felt like to be a healthy person.
I wish you did, too. Perhaps you still will.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:30 pm
Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 pm Wow thank you. I didn't even know they made products like that. Hmm need to buy a hose. Also dont have a sprayer. I wonder if my battery powered grass killer jug sprayer would be ok. All the stuff Ive heard about Roundup I dont really want any on me lol.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either. They have much smaller bottles that are cheaper as well. It really works great - and pretty quick.

I think I just mixed it with water into a spray jug (this) and it was fine. If you have a regular spray bottle I am pretty sure you can just use that as well. I used the jug to reach spots without needing to get on a ladder.
Ah those are cheaper than I thought. Used to have a big one....3 gal maybe? Over the years stuff just broke of giving away as we aged and folks died. So Im pretty much left tooless almost. I could use that on the gutters and siding and roof. If it doesn't need scrubbing it would really save me some time and effort and my back is still whacked.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Oof. C. diff's no joke even for those with fully functional immune systems, so I can only imagine how excruciating it must be in your situation.

I cannot speak to the situation in Colorado. But FWIW, when I was in Costco just last week they were quite literally stacked floor to ceiling with what seemed like a Grand Canyon of bog roll.
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
MHS

Post by MHS »

Thanks. I actually was able to get an 18-pack of non-generic TP this week for the first time since all this started, so we're actually stocked. I'm kind of just making a lame joke acknowledging the ways c.diff manifests without having to actually say, "Hey all, I'm shitting myself with unbelievably bad inside-out turning abdominal cramps and explosive diarrhea like 12 times a day, it's awesome!"

See how much less fun that way was? :P

Genuinely appreciate the good thoughts. Point some sympathy toward Neal, too. Thank god we have 4 bathrooms in the house.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Ah those are cheaper than I thought. Used to have a big one....3 gal maybe? Over the years stuff just broke of giving away as we aged and folks died. So Im pretty much left tooless almost. I could use that on the gutters and siding and roof. If it doesn't need scrubbing it would really save me some time and effort and my back is still whacked.
here in the PNW, the answer is 'powerwasher'
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The siding is so old it would just melt off.
Last edited by Daehawk on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm I do get sewer backup in the basement on occasion, but it's really just water. Still, every time it happens I consider the prospect of burning it all down and faking our deaths. The problem is that it's really difficult to fake 5 deaths, so I end up cleaning it up and hoping that we can sell the house before the next incident.
Oh, hey! At least it wasn't from the drains this time - it came from the back of the basement (what we affectionately call the meth lab).
That's my purse! I don't know you!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've always thought more lawyers should make their own meth.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I pass the savings on to myself!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I hear it also works for C. diff!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Going to be another fun day. I was just now bent over checking the oil in my mower when my back slipped out. It had been out on the right side and on those nerves for over a week and was just about back in when this happens. Now its all out. And I have to both mow and try to weedeat today. Of course I still have all that house repair to do and cleaning.

EDIT Never fucking mind. The mower broke again. Fuck it Im out. Yard will be a hay field. If the neighbors complain then one of them can bring their fancy riding mowers over and cut it. Shame it will look like shit for the insurance inspector.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MHS

Post by MHS »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:49 pm

I hear it also works for C. diff!
:lol: :P
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

We *are* looking at bidets.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

bidi bidi bidets

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is $71 a month for home insurance good or crappy?
dfs

Post by dfs »

The Meal wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:41 pm We *are* looking at bidets.
FWIW we just went that route and wonder why we waited so long.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 pm Is $71 a month for home insurance good or crappy?
Too many factors to say for sure. Depends the value you are insuring and your credit score, among other things.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems like something dbt would do.

Enlarge Image
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Revenge is a dish best served fast.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Now that I read that I'll keep it in mind the next time I get in that situation. :D
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The Meal wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:41 pmWe *are* looking at bidets.
A reasonable solution. The last time I spent a couple days having to go several times a day, I felt like I had chaffed off layers of skin from places that layers of skin need to be kept. It was most unpleasant, even with the gentlest of wipes.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Man I just dont understand mortgage payments or something. They sure seem set up to be more complicated than they should be. In May I applied for Covid deferral so i could catch up on stuff I need to do and buy. On May 19 I got a letter saying I was approved for 2 months deferral. My next payment would be July. But then in June they took my payment out. I wanted to be sure about if Ill keep the payment this month so called to clear it up. They are showing Im approved as of July 20th so I keep July and Aug payments even though the letter stated otherwise. Ok fine. Then she tells me if I want to make a manual payment I have to call in. Huh? I try to figure that one out and she explains it that my auto draft will be turned off completely and I have to call in after those 2 months to turn it back on.

So now Im confused as they will turn off my auto payment yet I need to call in to pay and to re set up auto pay after 2 months. So I dont know but that sounds a lot like they are simply turning off auto pay and still want me to pay and to set it all up again later. Still sounds like Ill owe each month instead of it being deferred until the end of the loan. Im worried now this is going to be a big problem and I could lose my home if I keep those 2 payments and use them for other things.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I wouldn't pretend to know your conversation or your agreement but as stated it sounds like

> You don't make payments for July and August.
> Your mortgage term is extended by two months with all of the additional interest that will incur.
> Auto pay has been turned of to prevent an autopay for July and August
> Come September you will need pay manually and continue to do so until you re-establish autopay

Don't quote me on this. I didn't sit in on your arrangement.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 pm Is $71 a month for home insurance good or crappy?
Too many factors to say for sure. Depends the value you are insuring and your credit score, among other things.
WTF does your credit score have to do with homeowner's insurance? Note I am not arguing the point, I am just thinking about the reasoning. I guess you may be less likely to maintain things that could be a hazard... My credit score is pretty close to perfect and I don't maintain anything until it breaks!

Anyway my homeowner's insurance is close to triple Daehawk's so he is getting a great deal!

(Yes, I know.)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm WTF does your credit score have to do with homeowner's insurance? Note I am not arguing the point, I am just thinking about the reasoning. I guess you may be less likely to maintain things that could be a hazard... My credit score is pretty close to perfect and I don't maintain anything until it breaks!

Anyway my homeowner's insurance is close to triple Daehawk's so he is getting a great deal!

(Yes, I know.)
Ask an actuary, cause all I could do it speculate as ability/history to pay influencing your risk.

My homeowner's slightly more expensive because it is bundled into my auto insurance. It would be considerably more expensive if it weren't. My auto, is crazy expensive for PLPD. My homeonwer's is pretty crappy. It covers rebuild cost at 2003 estimate, and the minimums allowed by law for property and liability. It also has a $1600 deductible. It's a(n incomplete) lifeline if I need it, nothing more, for $1,100 a year. My credit is immaculate but it's now also frozen, so I have to play games if I want to make changes.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

hepcat wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:09 pm
I wasn’t the only one watching the presentation, for God’s sake. Once again our California satellite office has forced us all to observe their own state mandated workplace rules. Which means I have to use a Texas Instrument calculator to figure out what my vacation and sick day accrual rates are, and listen to a warning that urinating in a female coworkers toolbox is wrong along with everyone else in our office here in Illinois.

HR never really understands.

I work in IT, we are on 4x10 or a 3/4 12s split which is fairly common for operations work.
However HR only allows "sick days" of 8 hours. And vacation is published via "weeks" which is fine if you want an entire week off. But if you only want partial like, use a vacation day to take your birthday off, then its all messed up.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Nothing screams "fuck, I'm old!" quite like trying to ride your daughter's new hoverboard, being completely unable to balance on the damn thing, having it shoot out from under you as you fall flat on your ass, while sending it flying across the room to put a nice sized dent in the TV stand. And having your wrist swollen and sore the next morning as a result.

Fuck, I'm old. :(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

At least you didn't crack your head open.

CBS News
The wrists were the most commonly injured body part, followed by the forearms and the head.

Fractures were the most common diagnosis, accounting for 40 percent of cases, followed by contusions and strains/sprains.
Head injuries accounted for 14 percent of hospital admissions related to hoverboards
the researchers found most hoverboard injuries occurred at home.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

In my 30s I tried to get healthier by rollerblading. I didn't wear a helmet but you can be for damned sure I had wrist guards, and I'm glad I did... The rollerblading attempts didn't last long but I got my money's worth in saved medical and pain from those wrist guards.

Fuck, I was old at 32.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If I got in a boo boo as a kid it was because I hit my head. I also didn't really get hurt by that. So when Id have an accident they'd say "Did he hit his head?" if yes it went "Then check what he hit and see if its ok"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok I made a scan of the letter...the one page that has the wording....into a pdf. Is there a way to post it here so you guys can help me understand what it all means. I get half of it. The other half is foreign to me. Theres no private info on the pdf.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I would do a screen print and then open it in Paint (or equivalent). Make sure you use the brush tool to block out any personal info or information that could be used to personally identify you. Then save as a .jpg and host for free on Imgur.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:31 pm In my 30s I tried to get healthier by rollerblading. I didn't wear a helmet but you can be for damned sure I had wrist guards, and I'm glad I did... The rollerblading attempts didn't last long but I got my money's worth in saved medical and pain from those wrist guards.

Fuck, I was old at 32.
Weird thing is, I'm pretty decent on rollerblades, I can ride a skateboard just fine, I can ski and snowboard...all the things that require some of the same general movements.

Couldn't keep balance on that damn hoverboard for the life of me though. The fact it felt like it was actively fighting against me didn't help. Definitely designed for smaller people with much lower centers of gravity, methinks.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:09 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:31 pm In my 30s I tried to get healthier by rollerblading. I didn't wear a helmet but you can be for damned sure I had wrist guards, and I'm glad I did... The rollerblading attempts didn't last long but I got my money's worth in saved medical and pain from those wrist guards.

Fuck, I was old at 32.
Weird thing is, I'm pretty decent on rollerblades, I can ride a skateboard just fine, I can ski and snowboard...all the things that require some of the same general movements.

Couldn't keep balance on that damn hoverboard for the life of me though. The fact it felt like it was actively fighting against me didn't help. Definitely designed for smaller people with much lower centers of gravity, methinks.
None of those other things you describe have motors. It was fighting you.

Also, since this is random randomness, do you prefer skiing or boarding and why?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Also hoverboards your feet are side by side. It just feels unnatural.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Once upon a time (when I was like... 12) I tried roller skating. Was horrible at it. Many skinned knees later, I quit and look for other pursuits.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds