Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Cylus Maxii

Re: Random randomness

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:10 pm Been gone 6 hours to the hospital emergency room. Wife has a blood clot in her leg. Its swelled up. They didn't seem super concerned or in a big hurry. Finally gave her some blood thinner...Eliquis. And sent her home with a script for it. Said she'd be on it a few months and it would take that long to absorb the clot. They didn't seem to think it would move but told her the symptoms if it moves to a lung. Bout it. Im scared to death but they were like nothing big meh. So dont know.
My (ex) MIL had these happen often enough that they actually put a filter in her leg. My mother and father have both had blood clots in their legs. It seems common.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well that is a bit comforting. Im sorry they had to go through this. Strange they have blood filters like a car :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My dad was hospitalized with a leg clot in the early 90s. He had one land on his lung 20+ years later. He has a genetic condition that makes his blood extra sticky, so he’s on thinners for the rest of his life.

Keep her away from the leafy greens.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Luck to you and yours deahawk.

I take 4 baby aspirin a day for the rest of my life to keep my blood thinner after being on Brilanta for a month post stent surgery. I'm sure we'll move to something more drastic than aspirin when I get older. Everyone on my mom's side of the family (and there are a lot of them) has a gene for super thick clotty blood. There's a name for it but damned if I know what it is. Their blood is like sludge and it causes all sorts of problems concurrent with them getting to the age where it will become a problem. They're also all stubborn naturalists with strong thoughts of will of God,and the expense of medical needs, so :( .
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Antiphospholipid syndrome
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We used to take a baby aspirin a day until a few weeks ago. Turns out its a NSAID and that inflames that new thing she got...Diverticulitis. So she had to quit. That plus being bedridden for weeks has caused the clot. Catch 22. Her age is a big factor too. Me I just cant walk..well I can barely but holding on to stuff all hunched over. Sitting here at times is impossible. But f me Ill do all and more for her.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

How do you clean a blood filter in your leg?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Speaking of that I was surprised they didn't do something like stick a needle in there and suck it out.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:27 pmSpeaking of that I was surprised they didn't do something like stick a needle in there and suck it out.
I am not even close to being a medical person, but my assumption was that they don't want to risk having it break up and move. Better 1 big clot in the leg than 6 smaller clots looking for places to nestle into the brain or lungs.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:00 pm Antiphospholipid syndrome
I looked it up and that does trigger memories. So you got me curious. I still can't find a name for the specific problem but I do see two things that were used in conjunction with the name. This rings a bell, but I can't say for sure. I hate my memory or lack thereof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prothrombin_G20210A

Though this might be more of a result of the blood marker than a description of the marker itself.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... -lightbulb
How many Time Lords does it take to change a light bulb? Well, thanks to Georgia Tennant, we finally know the answer.

The Doctor Who and Merlin star posted a photo on social media yesterday (December 16) showing one Time Lord on a chair while another stood and watched offered moral support:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Poor little delivery robot loses 'life' in fire

Enlarge Image
On Friday, students found one of the robots in flames and shared photos on social media.

Kiwi said the cause was a "defective battery" that had been accidentally installed in the robot.

"One of the batteries for our robot that was idling started smouldering, eventually leading to some smoke and minor flames," the company said in a statement.
Be careful out there KaseyBOT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Deer poacher sentenced to watch Bambi

Enlarge Image
A poacher has been ordered to watch the Disney film Bambi repeatedly after he was convicted of illegally killing "hundreds" of deer.

Missouri hunter David Berry Jr must view the film at least once a month during his year-long sentence.

He was arrested in August along with two family members for killing the deer, taking their heads and leaving their bodies to rot, prosecutors said.

It is reportedly one of the biggest poaching cases in Missouri history.

On top of the jail sentence for the illegal deer hunting, Judge Robert George ordered Berry Jr to "view the Walt Disney movie Bambi, with the first viewing being on or before December 23, 2018, and at least one such viewing each month thereafter," during his spell in prison.
Should just poach him. He looks like one of those idiots that dont learn.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 pm Those damned millennials are killing ... *shuffles deck* ... American cheese!
Time: America's cheese stockpile at record high of 4.3 pounds per person
America wants to move its cheese, but market forces aren't complying. Cheesemakers have stockpiled 1.4 billion pounds of the stuff, the biggest cheese hoard since the government started keeping records a century ago. Held by cheese makers in warehouses designed to store cheese, the stockpile works out to 4.3 pounds of cheese for every adult and child in the U.S.

The problems facing American producers include curdling tastes for certain types of cheese. Millennials are turning up their noses at processed cheese products like Kraft Singles and Velveeta. More recently, President Donald Trump's trade war has taken a slice out of the cheese trade due to China's, Canada's and Mexico's retaliatory tariffs on American cheeses, which have cut U.S. exports.

"Our sales to Mexico have dropped off about 30 percent since the tariffs were put into place," said Nate Donnay, director of Dairy Market Insight at INTL FCStone Financial. "The problem with cheese is that it ages, and that changes the flavor profile. Your mild cheddar will become a sharp cheddar the longer it sits in inventory."
Cheese prices may be slumping because of the growing stockpile, The Wall Street Journal reports. Prices for 500-pound barrels of cheese that are used for making processed cheese have declined 28 percent from 2014, it noted. Sales of processed cheese are on track to fall for a fourth straight year.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

How can that be? Drumpf fought for a 3% slice of our tiny market, thereby rescuing the American dairy farmer from hardship forever.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

dbt raises glass of milk.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Z-Corn dumps a 12 oz. glass of organic 2% on the ground. For the homies. The dairy homies.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 pm
Millennials are turning up their noses at processed cheese products like Kraft Singles and Velveeta.
This explains the recent article I read about how only 10% of plastics are being recycled. The Millennials have broken the plastic to cheese conversion rates, and they'll doom us all!
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I've been on SNAP (food stamps) for the past decade. It's a pain in the ass. Every time to federal government determines that cost of living expenses have increased, I get a COLA increase to my disability. SNAP responds by reducing my benefits by more than that. If cost of living increases and I get an extra $20 to keep up with it, and my SNAP benefits decrease by $35. The net is that I have less money as costs rise. I went from a time six or seven years ago when I had enough to pay everything with a little left over each month to a few months ago when I started going in the hole every month and had to start cancelling and reducing services. Costs go up, the state decreases my income.

About six months ago, I was contacted by a company that said I inherited some oil rights from my mother when she died (clear back in 1981.) The result was that I now get a royalty check for ~$70-$80 a month. I just got a letter from SNAP that, as a result, I'm going to be losing $135 a month in benefits. That means that the royalties are costing me ~$60 a month. And further in the hole I go.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Contact the administrator and see if you can sell them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya its total bullshit. I had food stamps a long long time ago. My wife had food stamps a long long time ago. Way back when they gave you paper money stamps. We got married and they took them both away. According to their own website and rules we automatically qualify as to auto qualify you only need 1 elderly person in the household or one disabled person. We have 2 disabled and 1 elderly yet they have turned us down 3 times even though we should auto qualify and we both had them before a paper says we are married. They keep using the excuse that we are over the monthly money limit by I think $16. So for that $16 they took away nearly $400 in food stamps. Thanks Gov you asshole idiots that cant do anything right or count even.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 pm Contact the administrator and see if you can sell them.
Of course, that would show up as a one-time lump sum, and I have no idea how that would effect your tax/benefit situation. Perhaps a call to an attorney/accountant/benefit coordinator is in order.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 pm Contact the administrator and see if you can sell them.
I can't afford to. I'd be out both forms of income for many, many months while I waited for appeals and for the income to no longer count.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
2 Milly filed his suit against Epic Games earlier this month. It claims the game developer misappropriated the “Milly Rock” — a dance he created for a 2014 music video. Epic added a very similar dance emote to “Fortnite” during its fifth season called “Swipe It.” Epic never asked for his permission or compensated him, 2 Milly said. He’s now filing another complaint against Take-Two Interactive, which also uses the Milly Rock in “NBA 2K18.”

Meanwhile, actor Alfonso Ribeiro is filing complaints against Epic Games and Take-Two. Both “Fortnite” and “NBA 2K18” feature versions of “The Carlton” as an emote. Ribeiro created the dance during his time on the television show “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” It first appeared in the 1991 episode “Will’s Christmas Show.” Twenty-seven years later, it’s still immediately recognizable and Ribeiro continues to perform it for fans. He even inserted it into a 2014 performance on “Dancing With The Stars.” “The Carlton” is inextricably linked to the actor and is a part of his celebrity persona, and both Epic and Take-Two have unfairly profited from his creative expression, likeness, and celebrity without his consent and without compensation, according to a copy of the complaint provided to Variety.

Instagram personality Backpack Kid is also filing complaints against the two publishers over their use of his dance called “The Floss.” He famously performed it with Katy Perry during the song “Swish Swish” on an episode of “Saturday Night Live.” Two days later, Inside Edition published an interview with the teen. That video has received more than 53 million views to date.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont like companies that do this. Surely they could come up with their own stuff or pay someone to. Stealing outright like this is blatant and wrong. I cheer for the ones suing.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I too am going to sue them.
When I was a kid, my brother and I would take a blanket and throw it over the back of our couch and over a table.
We would do this once a week and we always referred to that as fortnite. Where are my millions?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Gotta have millions to get millions.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

stimpy wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm I too am going to sue them.
When I was a kid, my brother and I would take a blanket and throw it over the back of our couch and over a table.
We would do this once a week and we always referred to that as fortnite. Where are my millions?
I presume there is proof of this claim?

I'm not a big supporter of dances being protected by IP law.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thinking of what might be my top 3 Roman achievements it hit me that none of the mare military.

1. Roads
2. Aqueduct
3. A tie of two items that without them you couldn't have the top 2. Concrete and Arches.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:01 pm I'm not a big supporter of dances being protected by IP law.
One of the greatest poets of our generation, Flavor Flav, famously stated, "Y'all can't copyright no beats. Yo, Chuck, is they crazy?"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's a hard quote to follow in Random randomness.

I do wish people would stop testing my patience. Don't tell me you're interested in something when you're clearly not. Or maybe you're looking to exploit my situation. Either way, I am an emotionless robot. Good luck.
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
More to the point:
Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 pm
More to the point:
I believe it also makes you pretty indifferent to time as well. Does that mean that Alcohol = Greatest Warrior?
Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Paingod wrote:
Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 pm
More to the point:
I believe it also makes you pretty indifferent to time as well. Does that mean that Alcohol = Greatest Warrior?
Well, duh! Haven't you watched Drunken Master?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
morlac

Post by morlac »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 pm
Exodor wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:40 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 pm Half of the control panel on my LG electric oven has stopped working. These control the oven but not the stovetop (ie. the stovetop works). Cleaning the contacts did not work. A service call is somewhere in the range of $250 bucks.
Our oven stopped working in November. It was here when we bought the house in 2004 and we've been wanting a new one for awhile so - shopping time!

That's when we found out we have a 27" drop-in oven. There is exactly one 27" drop-in oven on the market, a GE model for $1400.

:doh:
Yeah, we had to find a new place for our refrigerator because the one my wife bought wouldn't fit where the original was. I think I mentioned it before, but the hinges are on the wrong side for it's location now too, although I believe someone mentioned that the hinges can be moved. I started to look into it but was distracted by something else. Possibly a video game.

We're just lucky we had room for the frig rather than having to tear down cabinets to make it work. I don't envy you.
Late reply but a lot of refrigerators are designed to open in either direction. Usually just need to flip the hardware.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm My wife has been VERY sick for the last few weeks. Now she has a blood clot in her leg that could kill her at any time. They started her on some strong blood thinner which ..yup...could kill her.

I now have to go places on my own to get food and medicine and stuff and its WEIRD. She has been at my side for 31 years. Always. I hate this.

I got a few things at the store and hit up Captain Ds to get her her favorite fish plate hoping she can eat a little and not throw it up. Want to give out some praise / light? to Captain Ds and the girl working there. She saw I could only afford the wife's food and not me so when she handed me the bag she leaned over with her hand to her hushed mouth and told me she gave me a box of the cracklings. I smiled and thanked her as it was nice of her and something she didn't have to do. I didn't have the heart to tell her I cant chew anything crunchy :) But it was nice of her and I wouldn't ruin it for her.

Umm Fried chum. Or that's what i always imagined it as when I went as a kid. "Extra fried chum please"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My back likes to go out at Christmas every year now. For the last 5 I can recall lifting the tree and setting it up with my back out and hurting. This year I got the tree out before it f'd up on me. But its been out a week now and not getting well. Starting to worry me. I can barely walk. Sitting here is painful. The only time its not trying to murder me is when im flat of my back with support under it. I guess Im just getting older. My back is why Im disabled so I got more shit to look forward to over time. Just ranting pay no mind.
mori

Post by mori »

Maybe not get a tree next holiday season? :confusion-shrug:
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I keep forgetting to pick up the xmass tree spray. I think the smell is what I miss most.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

mori wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 pm Maybe not get a tree next holiday season? :confusion-shrug:
Haven't bought a live tree in 25 years. We have a bear tree. Its a 5' or so fake tree wit ha big stuffed bear on one side and a little baby stuffed bear on the other. We got it at Walmart 20 years ago or so for about $50 I think. I looked online and they are very collectible now and runs hundreds of bucks.

This is what it looks like.

Enlarge Image

As a side note I think one reason we stopped getting live trees is we brought one home in our TransAm of the day and it was dry and tons of pine needles filled the back / trunk area. I never did get them all out and some were there when we traded it in . :)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

That bear needs a NSFW tag. :shock: