Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: Random randomness

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 pm Maybe I do need to watch it again. :lol: I remember watching it on a flight, and thinking it was a complete waste of two hours. Sometimes happens when I’m not in the right mood
I know people are hot and cold on Paul Rudd, but I think he's great as Ant Man. I also heard bad things about the sequel, but I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I would rather massage RM9s back than watch a movie on a plane. I can't imagine enjoying anything in that format.
Come to think of it, I actually don’t think I’ve seen Iron Man 3. I didn’t like the first two, so I never bothered with the third.
It was...not great. But speaking ill of the first Iron Man?? Without that movie, none of the rest of the Marvel Universe would have likely happened! Yeah, maybe it's not as good as your Civil War or even Thor Ragnarock, but in terms of setting the tone for the new film universe? It will always be held in high regard to me for that alone.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, Iron Man 1 was basically a hail-Mary, last-ditch effort before they gave up on the whole thing.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:I thought Ant Man was the worst of the Marvel movies, by quite a wide margin. Have zero desire to watch that one again, but will see if they are interested
Wow. We loved the first Ant Man. It had a great sense of humor and Michael Pena is fantastic in it.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Iron Man one I think would be my favorite. Loved it. Now days the stuff I do see is so over the top with God like beings. IM1 was simple and fun.

But my watching is limited to only a few of those big movies. I skipped IM 2 and 3. Not because of the first one but due to life. Then saw first Captain America, Avengers 1, Thor 1 and not the others.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:18 pm
Skinypupy wrote:I thought Ant Man was the worst of the Marvel movies, by quite a wide margin. Have zero desire to watch that one again, but will see if they are interested
Wow. We loved the first Ant Man. It had a great sense of humor and Michael Pena is fantastic in it.
This. Michael Pena steals every scene he is in. When the second movie came out I found myself eagerly looking forward to his scenes. I was not disappointed. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I see where California has done it again. They're banning all small off road and lawn mower engines. If they really want to get rid of pollution ban politicians from talking.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It gets as dark now at 7:30 as it did 9:30 in July. Next month clocks fall back again so that will move to 6:30 dark. I swear it keeps dropping as to by Jan or so its dark by 5:30 all on it's own.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One bank of mine uses a security question on trying to log in all the time now. It used to only ask one of those maybe 1 in 25 logins. Now its every time and starting to become annoying.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

dbt1949 wrote:I see where California has done it again. They're banning all small off road and lawn mower engines. If they really want to get rid of pollution ban politicians from talking.
Electrics have come a long way. And the ban doesn’t start for another three years.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:25 pm
dbt1949 wrote:I see where California has done it again. They're banning all small off road and lawn mower engines. If they really want to get rid of pollution ban politicians from talking.
Electrics have come a long way. And the ban doesn’t start for another three years.
Also, it only bans the sale of new ones. Seems reasonable given how polluting those engines are.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:25 pm
My gas mower somehow keeps chugging thru summer after summer -- the Briggs & Stratton engine still starts on the first pull, but after 30+ years everything else is giving way to entropy. If I'm still mowing a lawn when it finally wheezes its last, I'll replace it with an electric.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Spending the second night in Tulsa as we continue with our vacation. A strong storm front is moving through and about a half hour ago the local tornado siren sounded for about five minutes. Turns out a tornado touched down about ten miles south of here :shock: . Luckily it seems that the front is now moved past us and we are in the clear.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 pm One bank of mine uses a security question on trying to log in all the time now. It used to only ask one of those maybe 1 in 25 logins. Now its every time and starting to become annoying.
Does it ask your name, your quest or your favorite color? :wink:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:07 am Spending the second night in Tulsa as we continue with our vacation. A strong storm front is moving through and about a half hour ago the local tornado siren sounded for about five minutes. Turns out a tornado touched down about ten miles south of here :shock: . Luckily it seems that the front is now moved past us and we are in the clear.
"Our wind storms don't give three days notice, ya tourist!"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

By the time that storm reached Arkansas 100 miles away it was light showers.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I was eating my sandwich. Not paying close attention. Then I picked it up and took a bite out of the wrong end. So I have a sandwich with bites out of both ends, and suddenly I don't want it anymore. nevermind all the bites are from me. its just , WRONG.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:21 pm I was eating my sandwich. Not paying close attention. Then I picked it up and took a bite out of the wrong end. So I have a sandwich with bites out of both ends, and suddenly I don't want it anymore. nevermind all the bites are from me. its just , WRONG.
I know an OOer who eats his burger bite by bite around in circles (like you might eat an apple or ear of corn) rather than in plane from end to the other. If I ever see him again maybe I should try your accidental method. Bit from one side. The bite from the opposite. Repeat until finished.

/signed the guy who either mixes all his food together into a big mishmash or eats on thing at a time until it is complete before moving to the next to one. Especially fries. Fries always get eaten first.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:26 pm
Jaymon wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:21 pm I was eating my sandwich. Not paying close attention. Then I picked it up and took a bite out of the wrong end. So I have a sandwich with bites out of both ends, and suddenly I don't want it anymore. nevermind all the bites are from me. its just , WRONG.
I know an OOer who eats his burger bite by bite around in circles (like you might eat an apple or ear of corn) rather than in plane from end to the other. If I ever see him again maybe I should try your accidental method. Bit from one side. The bite from the opposite. Repeat until finished.

/signed the guy who either mixes all his food together into a big mishmash or eats on thing at a time until it is complete before moving to the next to one. Especially fries. Fries always get eaten first.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:26 pm Fries always get eaten first.
Well. Yeah. That's just common sense. They are soooo much better when hot.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That's what I'm saying. That's the sort of idiosyncrasies I have when I eat. I either want to mash it all together into some sort of stewed single item or ascribe some sort of weighted eating priority, conscious or otherwise, to each component.

So, steak and potatoes and corn? Cut up the steak in its entirety, mix the steak chunks in the potatoes which the corn then sticks to. Chicken, Broccoli, and rice? Becomes a single dish of chicken, broccoli, and rice...

Steak, Fries, and corn? Fries are inedible cold. Corn needs to be eaten distinctly not cold. The steak can come last. Chicken, Broccoli, and a salad? Well, you can't mix the salad, so you eat if first, then the broccoli, and then the chicken.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When I was young I used to eat the frosting off a cake first, then the cake. In case I didn't have time for the whole piece of cake I guess.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

French fries must be lined up in parallel and stacked by size, with the smallest eaten first because they cool the fastest. I might be the only person on earth who eats them correctly.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Kraken wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:05 pm French fries must be lined up in parallel and stacked by size, with the smallest eaten first because they cool the fastest. I might be the only person on earth who eats them correctly.
Sooo... what if they come in one of those "sleeves" as opposed to just on a plate? Wouldn't that mean dumping them out first? Which would then only contribute to even more rapid cooling?

Black Lives Matter

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

What's the correct way to eat onion rings?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

TheMix wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:10 pm
Kraken wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:05 pm French fries must be lined up in parallel and stacked by size, with the smallest eaten first because they cool the fastest. I might be the only person on earth who eats them correctly.
Sooo... what if they come in one of those "sleeves" as opposed to just on a plate? Wouldn't that mean dumping them out first? Which would then only contribute to even more rapid cooling?
That doesn't come up because I don't eat fast food. If I did, I'd keep them in the original container, where they're more-or-less aligned to begin with.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:11 pm What's the correct way to eat onion rings?
On a burger or dipped in ranch. If ranch is not available then a mustard/ketchup combo is acceptable.

They must be cooled enough that you can take deep prolonged bite because sucking the onion out of the batter which is wont to happen if consumed too hot, is a completely unacceptable way to consume them. There absolutely must be a batter to onion ratio that is not 0:1.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:48 pm I see where California has done it again. They're banning all small off road and lawn mower engines. If they really want to get rid of pollution ban politicians from talking.
It's a clickbait headline. CA is explicitly not banning them:
Gavin Newsom has signed into law a bill that will ban the sale of small internal combustion engines
There is a HUGE difference there.

Additionally - upgrade assistance:
The new law, authored by Assemblyman Marc Berman from Menlo Park, will offer rebates for consumers to purchase electric replacements

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:52 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:34 pm Maybe I do need to watch it again. :lol: I remember watching it on a flight, and thinking it was a complete waste of two hours. Sometimes happens when I’m not in the right mood
I know people are hot and cold on Paul Rudd, but I think he's great as Ant Man. I also heard bad things about the sequel, but I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I would rather massage RM9s back than watch a movie on a plane. I can't imagine enjoying anything in that format.
Come to think of it, I actually don’t think I’ve seen Iron Man 3. I didn’t like the first two, so I never bothered with the third.
It was...not great. But speaking ill of the first Iron Man?? Without that movie, none of the rest of the Marvel Universe would have likely happened! Yeah, maybe it's not as good as your Civil War or even Thor Ragnarock, but in terms of setting the tone for the new film universe? It will always be held in high regard to me for that alone.
Re: Iron Man 3. It's essentially a Shane Black Iron Man movie.

If you like Shane Black movies, you'll probably like it - Christmas imagery? Check. Annoying/Smartass kid? Check. RDJ? Check. I liked it, and it is a LOT better than Iron Man 2, which is up there for worst MCU movies.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I love my electric chainsaw and snowblower. I would not like an electric mower unless it were a crazy efficient and cheap BEV that I knew would be serviceable forever. That said, my Honda only goes through about 2 gallons of gas in a season. It's crazy how efficient that thing is. It runs for an hour mow of fairly hard work on like a cup of gas.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I used to have an electric mower that worked fine. It was a hassle to keep flipping the cord out of the way though.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:08 pm I used to have an electric mower that worked fine. It was a hassle to keep flipping the cord out of the way though.
This.

I upgraded to a battery one.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:23 pm
Jaymann wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:08 pm I used to have an electric mower that worked fine. It was a hassle to keep flipping the cord out of the way though.
This.

I upgraded to a battery one.
That.

We've been using an electric mower powered by battery for over a year now and I love it. No noise, no fumes. One charge runs it for about 45 minutes. If we mow as often as we should, that covers the whole yard. If we don't, it needs a little charge to finish the last 1/3.

In other randomness, where I work we have a "Discard" section in the break room for products that are still fine to eat but either have been discontinued or are close enough to expiring that we don't want to stock them. I consistently pick up gourmet bread (like $8 a loaf) for my morning toast and sandwiches. Today, though, there's a "Full Cream Chocolate Milk" that's like raw milk with cream on top and chocolate added. I was curious, but not like "I want to drink chocolate butter" curious.
Last edited by Paingod on Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm I love my electric chainsaw and snowblower. I would not like an electric mower unless it were a crazy efficient and cheap BEV that I knew would be serviceable forever. That said, my Honda only goes through about 2 gallons of gas in a season. It's crazy how efficient that thing is. It runs for an hour mow of fairly hard work on like a cup of gas.
Battery electric mowers are crazy efficient and never need service other than blade sharpening/replacement.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 pm When I was young I used to eat the frosting off a cake first, then the cake. In case I didn't have time for the whole piece of cake I guess.
Weird, I eat the cake first and save the frosting for last.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Erotic Adventures of Robin Hood

Original title: The Ribald Tales of Robin Hood
X
1h 23min

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064892/?r ... lmg_act_16

Enlarge Image

Now theres a movie I never heard of until today. Figures it came out the year I was born it being a sex position and all :twisted:

I really only know one actress from it.....Lynn Cartwright. Only know her for her totally fooling me when she payed an elderly Geena Davis character in A League of Their Own at the end there at the hall of fame. I thought forever that was just Geena in makeup. She was also married to a cool actor named Leo Gordon. Usually a gruff heavy rough character like in McLintock. But actually was a smart nice guy who was a writer and actor both. He said he preferred writing but with his face and 6'2" no one took him as a writer. Said back then they looked like 5'8" with patched elbow jackets, glasses, and smoked pipes lol.

Lynn in Queen of Outer Space
Enlarge Image

Leo
Enlarge Image

both
Enlarge Image

Both gone now. But anyways a bawdy x rated nude full Robin Hood? Dad you failed me on this one. :)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:03 pm When I was young I used to eat the frosting off a cake first, then the cake. In case I didn't have time for the whole piece of cake I guess.
Weird, I eat the cake first and save the frosting for last.
That's because you're weird.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I always have to dump my fries out because I put pepper on them. I started doing that in way back in high school, because it kept other folks from stealing my fries.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ate fries with just ketchup my entire life until I was about 30 and got some fries in the mall from a shop called Boardwalk Fries. They asked me how I wanted them and I was like "Huh what?".....They said some people like their fries with vinegar and mustard. Actually has a name for that style but I dont recall it. Sounded awful to me but I will try about anything once so went with them. Wow not bad and nice for a change sometimes. I keep malt vinegar here for Captain Ds fish and use it on my fries sometimes as something diff. And of course dip in mustard.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:19 pm I always have to dump my fries out because I put pepper on them. I started doing that in way back in high school, because it kept other folks from stealing my fries.
Good idea, I love me some peppa.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Just watched My Man Godfrey on Amazon Prime. I love those old movies and William Powell was as funny as always.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949