Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Brian

Random randomness

Post by Brian »

Random thought #1.

I wonder if anybody would say anything if I washed my entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?

Random thought #2.

I am a creepy, perverted old man and should stop attending my daughters high school choir recitals as there are girls in choir that are shockingly attractive and I find myself thinking impure thoughts while looking over my shoulder to see if Chris Hansen is in the room.

Random thought #3.

I hope my wife doesn't read this.

Random thought #4.

What the sh*t is it with people replacing letters in swear words with asterisks? Wh* th* fuck d* th*y th*nk th*y'r* f**l*ng?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
LordMortis

Re: Random randomness

Post by LordMortis »

Blarg! Pink Terminal rotting fish.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I have taken a daughter to HS for the last 4-5 years. Every now and then I am surprised to see some girl who looks a hell of a lot hotter than the rest. I am always taken aback by my thoughts at that time. 8-)
Black Lives Matter
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I've never understood what's wrong with being sexually attracted to a sexually mature member of the opposite sex. Sounds pretty natural to me. Yeah, it would probably creep out most 16 year olds to know that a classmate's dad is checking them out, but I worry for people who think such attraction is somehow evil or unnatural. Fortunately, spending 30 seconds around girls of that age is a great libido killer. I suppose there's a reason God made teenagers so annoying.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Why do dogs who poop long poops arrange them like a big ice cream cone? (or a coiled snake)
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I knew someone who was a HS teacher, and was rattled one day when he went to a strip club and was propositioned by a former student.

As to #1, it doesn't work so well, it just sort of smears the dirt, road salt, and bird crap. Not that I've tried it or anything. :oops:
Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I wonder if anybody would say anything if I washed my entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?
Tested. Answer, not a word.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Today might be the day for the annual shedding of the jacket. Given how sick I've been, this may not be a wise plan but I think I'm getting spring fever. Or was that cabin fever? Maybe it was the brain fever? Possibly rickets? St. Vitas dance? Such flexibility. What an accessory. I so have the urge to go out to lunch and not come back.

This looks like a good post to edit. Now I just need to put something in here.

<some future randomness to go here>
Last edited by LordMortis on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Can you get away with suspenders without a tie and sports jacket in a business enviornment.

I hate belts and the irony is that I'm too dumpy and fat to not wear one. When I was thin I never had the need to wear a belt. Every so often I think about joining the liberation of the suspender wearers. Especially if I can wear them with the mechanic kinda work pants you get from uniform shops. That just seems like very essence of comfort in clothing.

Belts are the downfall of mankind. How much cancer or heart disease or heart burn or kidney stones were ever diagnosed before the rise of the domain of belts belts? They evil. And we succumb to the wiley ways of the belt. It's OK to relax in public by loosening your tie or unbuttoning the top button of your shirt. But heaven for bid you stand up from a fancy dinner at the Sizzler *sissler* and undo your belt. Your dad wants to beat some sense in to you? What does he go for? The Belt. Wanna tie someone up or hang your self, what do you use? A belt. You wanna shut someone up, whata ya do? Belt them in the mouth. You wanna drink too much? Ya belt back at twelve pack.

They are wicked I tell you. Wicked. Mine even lies to me a regular basis. 42," my ass! And to prove it to myself I take the belt off and bucke it up sans my body. The circumfrence of 42" is huge. There's no way I'm that big around. That's almost four feet tall. Bullshit. There is no way my waist can be almost four feet tall. No chance.

Can you wear the same suspenders every day like you can a belt? Or is that some sort of fashion fucks pass? Do you have to be all cute with rainbow or striped suspenders or can you just get a flat black that goes with everything? Can you wear suspenders with shorts? Where the hell is Pete Rock when I actually need him?
Enough

Post by Enough »

LordMortis wrote:Today might be the day for the annual shedding of the jacket. Given how sick I've been, this may not be a wise plan but I think I'm getting spring fever. Or was that cabin fever? Maybe it was the brain fever? Possibly rickets? St. Vitas dance? Such flexibility. What an accessory. I so have the urge to go out to lunch and not come back.
Interesting. This is an annual ritual for you-- and once it's done the jacket is mothballed not to be removed from storage until next winter kind of thing? I love the boldness of that, like a snake shedding its skin.

My random thought is I wonder why UPS cannot predict package arrival more accurately when they know exactly where my package is and what's on the driver's delivery list.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

Is it normal to sometimes be undecisive about what you want to do for the day? This weekend I've got plans to take my dogs out to the lake and then sit down with a game or two but I just can't focus on a single game. Should I play Killzone 2? Halo Wars? HAWX? Maybe I should load Empire: Total War and play that... I'm probably pretty close to finishing Killzone 2... Dangit and I forgot that I haven't finished Valkyria Chronicals and I really do enjoy that game. Perhaps the best answer is to not buy a new game until I finish whatever current game I"m playing. But , I'm playing 5 at a time here.

This is going to be a busy weekend...

I really do think I've developed ADD. That's it I'm gonna play Halo Wars all weekend....

Maybe Empire: Total War.
Ya srsly!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

You know you want to finish Killzone.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I want to know why you don't talk about Fight Club.
Hiccup

Post by Hiccup »

What's the difference between a cape and a cloak?

I would assume the addition of a hood to a cape would constitue a cloak, but the lack of hood doesn't always mean cape.

If length is a factor, I would say a cloak at minimum has to touch the floor, while a cape ceases to be a cape when it touches the floor, unless of course a hood was involved.

When width is taken into account, would a cape be considered just the width of the back, and anything that wraps around to meet itself in the front a cloak? And if it overlaps itself, wouldn't a robe have to be included in this discussion?

I wonder if there is any mutually exclusive materials in cloak/cape/robe fashion. A satin hooded cloak seems impractical, as does a wool cape.
"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent."
-- Mark Twain .

XBL: Hiccup1
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

Bakhtosh wrote:You know you want to finish Killzone.
Maybe I'll play Killzone 2 then. Do I get to shoot a lot of stuff towards the end? How about explosions? Will there be a lot of explosions?
Hiccup wrote:
What's the difference between a cape and a cloak?
A cloak is equippable back armor in fantasy role-playing game.

A cape is worn by superheroes.
Ya srsly!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Brian wrote:Random thought #1.

I had a friend who got in trouble for squeegeeing more than just the windows. I would imagine it depends on the employee, but you very well might be tempting fate on this one.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hiccup wrote:What's the difference between a cape and a cloak?
In fashionwear, the word cape usually refers to a shorter garment and cloak to a full-length version of the different types of garment, and although the two are sometimes used synonymously for full-length coverings, the shortest versions are never referred to as cloaks. The fashion cape does not cover the front to any appreciable degree. In rainwear, a cape is usually a long and roomy protective garment worn to keep one dry in the rain.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Hiccup

Post by Hiccup »

Sparhawk wrote: A cloak is equippable back armor in fantasy role-playing game.
or
Spoiler:
Sparhawk wrote:A cape is worn by superheroes.
"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent."
-- Mark Twain .

XBL: Hiccup1
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

Hiccup wrote:
Sparhawk wrote: A cloak is equippable back armor in fantasy role-playing game.
or
Spoiler:
Sparhawk wrote:A cape is worn by superheroes.

Little Red Riding Hood has a sweet fucking dog. Is that her mother in the next picture? =)
Ya srsly!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Are Jackalopes just really small goats?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

dbt1949 wrote:Are Jackalopes just really small goats?
Yes but they can't be killed by dogs. My dogs tried and the damn thing shot lasers out of its eyes and scared my dogs. Jackalopes fire lasers from their eyes. True story.
Ya srsly!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

dbt1949 wrote:Why do dogs who poop long poops arrange them like a big ice cream cone? (or a coiled snake)
Physics, my man, physics.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

who thought of putting your fingers in your mouth to whistle and why can't I do it?

Thank you Intraweb

http://www.natwilson.com/stuff/whistle.html" target="_blank

Now I just have to figure what the hell they are talking about.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This post is intentionally left blank
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Until someone successfully addresses what events conspired to create it, the Big Bang could not possibly have happened...at least not in such a way as to "create the universe".
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Giles Habibula wrote:Until someone successfully addresses what events conspired to create it, the Big Bang could not possibly have happened...at least not in such a way as to "create the universe".
The Big Bang was the beginning of time as we know it. "Before" doesn't make any sense.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

SpaceLord wrote:
Giles Habibula wrote:Until someone successfully addresses what events conspired to create it, the Big Bang could not possibly have happened...at least not in such a way as to "create the universe".
The Big Bang was the beginning of time as we know it. "Before" doesn't make any sense.
And yet, something caused the Big Bang, for whatever reason.
If nothing happened to create the Big Bang, neither did the Big Bang itself, since obviously no event happened to create it...or us...therefore we do not exist.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unless you obstinantly believe if in first causes, which I do.

Of if you believe the big bang wasn't the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang" target="_blank

Big Bang generally refers to the idea that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past, and continues to expand to this day.
Unless you are talking about the first time I got laid, in which case a lot of beer on my sixteenth birthday caused the big bang.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Giles Habibula wrote:
SpaceLord wrote:
And yet, something caused the Big Bang, for whatever reason.
If nothing happened to create the Big Bang, neither did the Big Bang itself, since obviously no event happened to create it...or us...therefore we do not exist.
Cause and effect are meaningless without time, because one must precede the other. The evidence supporting it is strong; the evidence against it is weak, and so it prevails for lack of any more convincing model. Science has no framework to consider how or why.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I support Ironrod's response. The original quote in the box above that response (nested 3 deep) makes no sense to me as a string of words. The fact that you can't figure out why your truck didn't start this morning (or even conceive of how that *could* have happened) doesn't change the fact that you're hoofin' it to work that day.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

If you could put a TV in a box, and somehow isolate it from all outside signals, there would still be static, since the entire cosmos is full of this cosmic background radiation, leftover from the Big Bang. Kinda comforting.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

We lose those big-bang static detectors in a few months, however, when broadcasters change signals and machines to pick them up.

We've come a long way since birdshit in the antennae.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Random randomness:

Girls are confusing. I like the color blue. Why does Hoegaarden taste better with rum in it? And while it may be stress, why does my left eye only ever seem to twitch in the late winter/spring?
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

There is a beehive attached to the branches of two trees right over the middle of the street outside my apartment. I think they did it on purpose as a statement or something. Then again, they are going to be screwed if a tall truck comes down the street.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I think the damned squirrels might have moved back into our walls.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Everytime I see hardron collider I swear I see hardon collider. Some sort of latency thing, I guess.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brian wrote:Random thought #1.

A: Yes, the attending will come out and say 'What the F- are you doing, that's for windshields.'

data collected in Las Vegas upon arrival during a college road-trip.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LordMortis wrote:Everytime I see hardron collider I swear I see hardon collider. Some sort of latency thing, I guess.
It has certainly made gaming on XBox Live more interesting... :ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

What exactly is "hot smoked salmon pate", and how did you people hide it from me all these years?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

You know something is wrong with your "diet" when the late night taco bell girl knows it's you at the drive through from the sound of your voice.