Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

The interest rate on this mortgage is 11.5%. Ill wait until you get off the floor..........ok. I want to totally refinance it with someone but no idea how or who or where. The interest is crazy. I could get smaller payments and pay it off in the same time if I could find a better place. But the house has fallen apart more in those 10 years from when the loan was taken. Im not sure if it would hurt me to even try.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

People aren't loaning you money out of the goodness of their hearts. I wouldn't expect them to make things worse for themselves unless they see it as a way to prevent themselves losing more money (aka 2008 where irresponsible lending an appraisal saw people walking away from their $200,000 mortgage and banks were left with spending money to try and unload these house for $50,000 and taking a $100,000 to boot)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm Ill wait until you get off the floor..........ok.
Truth.

How did you not get re-financed in the early 2010s? That's been usury rates for a decade. I wish I knew how to tell you to find the right person to get you fixed. I've always been blessed (yeah, not the right word, sorry) in that I've maintained crazy good credit and have been anxiety inducing debt adverse, so I don't know the process of saying "someone needs to fix this shit" when it comes to my finances.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

A while ago the wife and I stripped and shingled half the roof, but didn't have the oomph to go back to the other side that still looked good. We decided this year that since it's getting worn now, the back half should come down but we don't want to deal with it.

Quick research online seems to indicate we'd may maybe $2,250 (absolutely top cost) for just labor on half a roof our size where we provide everything else and haul away the old shingles.

The first of three contractors has provided his estimate - of almost $6,000 - for just the labor. I asked him how many people he's talking, and he said maybe one or two guys over a day and a half. That works out to around $250 per hour for labor per person - which is nucking futz. The markets in our area aren't like downtown big city costs; we're talking deep rural, relatively inexpensive housing costs. I'm honestly thinking the guy either believes we're complete asshats or didn't understand what we were asking for.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:40 pm A while ago the wife and I stripped and shingled half the roof
Weren't you worried about sunburn?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm The interest rate on this mortgage is 11.5%. Ill wait until you get off the floor..........ok. I want to totally refinance it with someone but no idea how or who or where. The interest is crazy. I could get smaller payments and pay it off in the same time if I could find a better place. But the house has fallen apart more in those 10 years from when the loan was taken. Im not sure if it would hurt me to even try.
Didn't you declare bankruptcy? I think that is going to effect a refi attempt (and the interest rate you'll get).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 pm
Paingod wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:40 pm A while ago the wife and I stripped and shingled half the roof
This is the best thing I've seen all week.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

AWS260 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:15 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 pm
This is the best thing I've seen all week.
Agreed. The humor is appreciated. :lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How did you not get re-financed in the early 2010s?
The loan was taken out in 2009. Dont know anything about anything from the before times. Wife handled it all.
Didn't you declare bankruptcy?
Yes in 2015. It is now fully paid off.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:01 pm
The loan was taken out in 2009. Dont know anything about anything from the before times. Wife handled it all.
That sucks. Sorry. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. 11.5% for a mortgage is impossible for me to empathize with (for which I am thankful)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm The interest rate on this mortgage is 11.5%. Ill wait until you get off the floor..........ok. I want to totally refinance it with someone but no idea how or who or where. The interest is crazy. I could get smaller payments and pay it off in the same time if I could find a better place. But the house has fallen apart more in those 10 years from when the loan was taken. Im not sure if it would hurt me to even try.
Clark Howard, a well-known consumer advocate, provides an easy-to-understand Mortgage Refinance Guide that walks you through the process.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
stessier

Post by stessier »

Didn't you declare bankruptcy?
Yes in 2015. It is now fully paid off.
Right, but it doesn't fall off your credit report for 7 years, as I recall.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

:shock:
An elevator surveillance camera may have caught the victim’s last moments, sources said. It shows the victim getting into the elevator Monday, followed quickly by a second man, dressed in a suit, wearing gloves, a hat and a mask over his face.
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:22 pm
That sucks. Sorry. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. 11.5% for a mortgage is impossible for me to empathize with (for which I am thankful)
My HELOC is down to 2.79%. At the level we're paying, we've only got a couple years left on the "mortgage," and the interest portion -- which is our minimum monthly payment -- is only $40/mo.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

We just submitted our refi papers this afternoon. Going from a 30 to a 15-year. Payment will go up $30/month, but it will cut a full 7 years off the loan.

I had looked into going from 30 to 15 a couple times before (we had 22 left), but there was always a pretty significant difference in the monthly payments (between $250-400/month). With my wildly variable income, that was a risk I didn't feel like I could take. An increase of $30 is a no-brainer though.

I'm kicking myself for not exploring the option sooner.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Mine down to 4 years left. The interest and primary are pretty equal now. I checked some mortgage calculators online and they showed id pay $10 or more a month. Still hate the interest but with 4 years left maybe I should just keep going.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I remember when I had a house payment.................
No I don't. Just kidding! :lol:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 pm Mine down to 4 years left. The interest and primary are pretty equal now. I checked some mortgage calculators online and they showed id pay $10 or more a month. Still hate the interest but with 4 years left maybe I should just keep going.
That makes a huge difference. A refi has a large cost associated with it, which they roll in to your payment. And it also means those three payments at the end are less painful if they work they way suspect they do.

Good luck.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:54 pm I'm kicking myself for not exploring the option sooner.
I may just kick you too.

We're at 45 payments left and could basically pay it off any time we want but at 2.625% why would we?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Day before yesterday I saw a strange cat in the back yard. It was large for a cat and strangely colored. Its head looked weird too. After a minute it sat upright and looked around....Whistle pig! Its so cool. I have a ground hog living under my garage. Saw it yesterday too. Sucker is FAST and alert. Dont know if its male or female. Could end up with little whistle pigs running around.

Funny story my wife told me once. As a kid they used to summer visit their kin folk in West Virginia up near the PA line in Morristown. They served supper one night and she'd not seen that meat before and asked what it was. They told her whistle pig. She figured pig ok then and ate some. Said it was a little unique hehe. After a minute they told her its normal name of ground hog. hehe She got sick and tossed her whistle pig and never touched any again.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Good thing for you guys on here. I called my mortgage place and they said those 3 payments would all be lump sum due in Oct. Told her thats totally useless and stupid and to forget it. I dont want it. Trouble is I kept this months payment and I dont get more money until Aug...so my Aug payment goes for June....which means I wont be making my July payment until Sept and by then the Aug payment is due. So Im now fraking behind 1 month. She said it means my credit will be hit every 30 days 30 days 30 days..blah blah. Told her dont care..can make my credit 0 for all I care. Wish Id known this though. DAMN.

She said you can keep them and we can do a mortgage modification. Told her no way not when I have 4 years left Im not rearranging and having 10 more years to go. Maybe I can sell stuff lol. Do old games go for much? Or old tech?

Always something. At least supposedly it wont affect me losing the home or something. Stupid places.

EDIT: And now I cant log into my account there...I know its typed right..this is why people suicide I swear. Im so tired of fooling with life and the shit it entails. I just need a break.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

One was forced to google 'whistle pig.'

Apparently you have free-range whiskey running around your yard.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its an Appalachian thing. ...Ground hog / woodchuck / whistlepig / good eats / fast vittles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

its time
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:11 pmits time
You OK, Dae?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:20 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:11 pmits time
You OK, Dae?
Its always time for something.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:14 pm Good thing for you guys on here. I called my mortgage place and they said those 3 payments would all be lump sum due in Oct. Told her thats totally useless and stupid and to forget it. I dont want it. Trouble is I kept this months payment and I dont get more money until Aug...so my Aug payment goes for June....which means I wont be making my July payment until Sept and by then the Aug payment is due. So Im now fraking behind 1 month. She said it means my credit will be hit every 30 days 30 days 30 days..blah blah. Told her dont care..can make my credit 0 for all I care. Wish Id known this though. DAMN.
Glad you found it out now. I don't know if that is what finance companies are doing in general but shit will hit the fan for them if it is. In your case where you are four years away and already raked over the coals you suck it up but the masses of people on long term mortgages? 4x mortgage in one month after all of this shit? That's the 2008 pt with no safety net that I've been chicken little over for the last decade.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Yeah, I was trying to re-do my mortgage earlier this year but Covid made it not worth the effort. The mortgage broker suggested talking to my mortgage company, but their offer was the same...deferral for 3 months, with everything due after that. I can't imagine how that could ever be helpful unless your intent is to delay foreclosure an extra 3 months.

You want to know what is even more baffling? They recommended you still pay what you can...but while my account was in this state they made it impossible to make online payments! WTF?
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone remember this little gem? I had completely and totally forgotten it until I saw the name and instantly knew I had seen it . I still dont remember it lol but I know I watched it.

The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage. I think it was on 2 months :)

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I replaced my kitchen faucet today. I had hoped to be able to keep the old one so I disconnected the cold side and turned that valve on and ran it into a bucket. But it was fine. So hooked it back up and not fine still. So had no choice. Thanks to one..just one....plastic nut it took me over an hour to switch them out and get it working. In fact I had to give up on that nut and get my drill out and fix it's little red wagon good. My body was at the point of just stopping at that point the way I was contorted under there working in such a small space. Cant get tools in there easy and my health shit didn't help me any lol.

But got it out finally and the new one in. Fittings weren't as tight as Id like but I was give out. Beaten by a faucet install of all things. Works perfect now. So it was in fact the faucet that was bad or clogged. Wouldn't have been able to do this without someone on here supplying the faucet. Again thank you. Also my little dog thanks you as he gets his bath in the sink and having barely any water took forever. :)

Soooo I 'think and hope' that Im done with home repairs for now. I just mowed a few days back but because it was so high I had to mow at the highest setting. Its already at the normal mowing height time again so will try to mow in the morning before its too oppressive. I just have to mow. No trimming. Maybe I can be done in an a bit over an hour. Still not sure when that insurance person will show.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

WHEEEeeeW! POM Wonderful! 100% pomegranate juice. What a unique taste. Wow. Supposed to be good for you. Bit tart. But interesting. Makes me make weird faces.

Looks like a potion from an RPG game.

Enlarge Image
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my dad mixes that with his daily vodka in the apparent belief that it makes it healthy
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive drank half the top bubble. Its SO concentrated I think Ill have to sip it over a few days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

its 94 and super humid with a heat index of 101. But the sun is behind the hill and I need to try and mow because of rain next week. I thought maybe I could mow half tonight and half in the morning. Split up to make it easier on me. If I sweat off 10 lbs that would be ok right? Right!?

Man I had no plans to mow when I got up this morning. My brain is winning out though and working this stuff in. Hard now or harder later.

ya ya thats what she said. I know.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It took this town until about four years ago to finally get a curbside recycling program.

They just cancelled it because the ignorant white trash wouldn't stop using it as an extra trash can after months of warnings. :grund:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If it weren't 1 a.m. I could bore your socks off about recycling. Me and recycling go back to the '70s and I've thrown out a lot of trash since then. Tonnage alone makes me an expert.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

As I continue watching DragonBall Z. Bibbity Bobbity Boo. Seriously?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I've realized... I don't actually like the taste of cane sugar. It's too... sweet. Or something. After hearing about how much better Mexican and kosher Coke is, and it being the sweetener used in A&W root beer and many premium and artisan sodas... I just don't really like it. Does that make me a philistine? Just give me the fatty corn juice.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Me sitting here drinking my Mountain Dew Real Sugar like when I was a kid in the 70s.