Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Unagi

Re: Random randomness

Post by Unagi »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:48 pm I've decided that from now on, I'm going to mentally imagine Kasey Chang as a 1990s superhero character as drawn by Rob Liefeld. Someone like Warchild - with hundreds of belts, pouches and pockets.
,earbuds and audiobooks.
Isgrimnur

Random randomness

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote:I've decided that from now on, I'm going to mentally imagine Kasey Chang as a 1990s superhero character as drawn by Rob Liefeld. Someone like Warchild - with hundreds of belts, pouches and pockets.
He’s taking applications to be his sidekick, Satchel.

CBR
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Wow. I have no idea how I missed that this last summer, but I feel like I need to find a signed copy somewhere because that's awesome. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Always glad to be an enabler.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote:Wow. I have no idea how I missed that this last summer, but I feel like I need to find a signed copy somewhere because that's awesome. :D
And by that, I mean here you go
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Hey guys, please know I still loves ya. So very sorry for not being around often enough. Check in now and then, peek here and there. telcta and I are sipping JWBlack while parked in the garage, catching up on OO while listening to music, Tesla style. :wub:
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As I said a few months ago to Eel, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. Stay sane! :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

KKBlue wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm Hey guys, please know I still loves ya. So very sorry for not being around often enough. Check in now and then, peek here and there. telcta and I are sipping JWBlack while parked in the garage, catching up on OO while listening to music, Tesla style. :wub:
I was wondering if you'd left us for good!
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

8-) Boys, don't ever want to leave nor would I. Life and the full time job has gotten the better of me. Still figuring out a balance of how to spend the free hours. -- Actually called out of work today because of a skin reaction which has my face all sorts of puffy red.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

So did I!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive had a little blower type heater I love sitting in my floor wit ha broken switch for over 2 years. So I took it apart and removed the switch. It fell apart. Seems to be a 4 way switch with 4 wires into it. Ive got one on the way for $4. I hope I can figure out which wire goes where by then.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
morlac

Post by morlac »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pm
Cylus Maxii wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 pmHigher voltages can actually be less lethal because the current can vaporize flesh at the contact point and the steam explosion (body is mostly water) can separate you from the contact point.
Enlarge Image
Happened to one of our Electrical foreman 6 months ago when he got impatient and worked a fusebox without a flash suit on. The meter he grabbed was set wrong and boom! He was sent flying across the room. He very luckily lived due to the above but is still recovering and getting skin grafts.

I've been tickled by Low volt a few times when I used to be a field tech. Got popped once by highvolt changing out a ceiling fan when i was 15....it did not tickle.....thanks Dad!
morlac

Post by morlac »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm
The pertinent definition of myth, per the OED, is "a widely held but false belief or idea" which makes "Myth Busted!" perfectly cromulent for the purpose of stating that the myth has been disproved. #pedantic
Sure. My understanding of myth has always been the first definition, but I concede the second definition exists, despite being nearly the exact opposite of the first.

After all, what I think of as myth is something that another culture in another time thought of as truth. There are just centuries between the two views of the same material. Still though, 500 years from now I don't think there will be a class on the Urban Myths of 20th century America.

Anywho, pet peeve averted.
Nah, they are busting the Myth either by proving it as fact or proving it as fiction. Either way, it is a myth no longer....poor myth.
stessier

Post by stessier »

morlac wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:25 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm
Max Peck wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm
The pertinent definition of myth, per the OED, is "a widely held but false belief or idea" which makes "Myth Busted!" perfectly cromulent for the purpose of stating that the myth has been disproved. #pedantic
Sure. My understanding of myth has always been the first definition, but I concede the second definition exists, despite being nearly the exact opposite of the first.

After all, what I think of as myth is something that another culture in another time thought of as truth. There are just centuries between the two views of the same material. Still though, 500 years from now I don't think there will be a class on the Urban Myths of 20th century America.

Anywho, pet peeve averted.
Nah, they are busting the Myth either by proving it as fact or proving it as fiction. Either way, it is a myth no longer....poor myth.
That makes no sense under any of the definitions. Well done! ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Kinda interesting for Spotify users. Go to Spotify Wrapped, and it'll give you a summary of what you listened to this year.

- I spent 3,892 minutes on Spotify (lower than I would have expected)
- Top 5 artists were Tribulation, Septicflesh, Obituary, Skeletonwitch, and Ohgr (none of which are surprising)
- Oldest song I listened to was "I Turned Into a Martian" by The Misfits, recorded in 1982. (not entirely sure that's right though, as I could swear I listened to some old Bowie, Sabbath, and Tull this year. Maybe that was on iTunes or Youtube...)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:13 pm Kinda interesting for Spotify users. Go to Spotify Wrapped, and it'll give you a summary of what you listened to this year.
I listen to a lot of Spotify at work. I'm at 29,014 minutes so far this year. Classical/film composer Max Richter got the most play, with 42 hours, and I listen to non-mainstream artists 113% more than the average Spotify listener.

I'll have to remember to check back after one more month to see what the final total was.
Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

stessier wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm That makes no sense under any of the definitions. Well done! ;)
:wub:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 pm I listen to non-mainstream artists 113% more than the average Spotify listener.
That wasn't a metric that my report showed. I'm guessing because literally nothing I listen to on Spotify could be considered "mainstream" in any sense. :lol:
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:45 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 pm I listen to non-mainstream artists 113% more than the average Spotify listener.
That wasn't a metric that my report showed. I'm guessing because literally nothing I listen to on Spotify could be considered "mainstream" in any sense. :lol:
What is mainstream anymore?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

iTunes "shuffle" feature is maddening. I have a 3,200 song death metal playlist on my phone. On my 30 minute commute this morning, it "shuffled" to five separate songs from a single Blood Red Throne album, and to another 5 songs from a single artist (Amon Amarth). It seems to do something similar every time I use it. On the way home yesterday, it was one particular Death album, and multiple Opeth songs.

Every single time I hit shuffle on a playlist, it always seems to fixate on either a specific album or a specific artist (or both) and play them multiple times. That's not shuffling...that's jumping back and forth between a couple things in a huge list.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I love making playlists with Beatunes (~$30 desktop software) for dinosaurs like us who still listen from a collection.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I have a Boy Scout lock in tonight. I already feel tired...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote:Shit like this is why I started working 7-3 so I can be home by 4.
A tractor-trailer hauling bananas has caught fire Friday afternoon on Interstate 35E near Lewisville Lake, KXAS-TV (NBC5) reported.

The fire was reported around 4:30 p.m. in the northbound lanes of Interstate 35 at Garden Ridge Boulevard, shutting down all but one northbound lane.
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dallas News
A Jeep on the westbound ramp from I-635 to northbound I-35E lost control and collided with the 18-wheeler, causing it to overturn, police said. Both drivers were injured.

The tractor-trailer was reportedly carrying 36,000 pounds of bananas.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Straight up vaudeville in your 'hood.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

last.fm will give me my listening report next year
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 pm Dallas News
A Jeep on the westbound ramp from I-635 to northbound I-35E lost control and collided with the 18-wheeler, causing it to overturn, police said. Both drivers were injured.

Typically banana peels are the cause of the accident, not the consequence.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That Jeep must have been peeling!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The cops have a picture of the vehicle that caused the accident.
Spoiler:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I love it when my kid falls in the other room, or drops some plate or something and yells, "I'm OK!"

I think they say it comically.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Well, somebody had to do it.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Tyler Perry pays off nearly half a million dollars in layaways at Georgia Walmart

I really disliked Perry because Madea is not my cup of tea, but this is an amazing thing to do at Christmas time. The middle/lower middle class are expected to give all the time because they are better off than the poor, but charity at Christmas can give anyone the Christmas spirit. Removing some financial pressures can turn a stressful time of year into a true celebration.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Visit to dentist sucks.

I hadn't been to a dentist in probably 5 to 10 years, and now that I have dental insurance again I am making up for lost time, and it's fillings, extractions, root canal... It's PITM (pain in the mouth) left and right. Now half of my face is numb (reaches my cheek and edge of my left eye). Trying to eat results in biting my upper lip. Argh. :snooty:
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Soup.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'll try not to stew on it.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Do yourself a favor and check out the hashtag #lettersfromthewaronxmas

I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. :lol:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

:lol: Being a footsoldier in the War on Christmas is often a lonely pursuit. I take comfort in knowing that there's an army out there somewhere, even if our cause is hopeless.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The Senior Demographer at the Pew Research Center posted a thread of his most popular tweets this year.

He's a good follow, and these are all pretty cool posts.

(Some political content, so avoid if you somehow don't care about the polis.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 am Good God, Kirk Douglas turned 101 yesterday! :shock:

Good for him. Love the guy.
Kirk Douglas turned 102 today!

He was born during WW1.

Fun fact: Douglas (whose parents emigrated from Russia due to antisemitic pogroms) was born "Issur Danielovitch."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holy callbacks, Batman!
He won. Period.