Breaking Bad is Good

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

tgb

Re: Breaking Bad is Good

Post by tgb »

stimpy wrote:So....what becomes of Jesse?
More importantly, is Huell still sitting around waiting for Hank to return?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I do wish they'd gone with an idea I had heard ages ago that Breaking Bad was just a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle and that he was in witsec throughout that sitcom.
He won. Period.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

hepcat wrote:I do wish they'd gone with an idea I had heard ages ago that Breaking Bad was just a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle and that he was in witsec throughout that sitcom.
The show could have ended with Hal waking up next to Lois in a fevered sweat.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

It sucks to be Jesse's Girl.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Imma let y'all finish, but I JUST started watching Season 1: EP1 last night, binged for multiple episodes, and I just wanted to say that I can't for the life of me get the image of the freaking hilarious father from "Malcolm in the Middle" out of my brain every time I see Walter. Hopefully that image will go away soon, because it's hard for me to completely buy in with that buffoonery in my head constantly.

Back when I'm finished...not sure if this is a spoilered thread or not...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Imma let y'all finish, but I JUST started watching Season 1: EP1 last night, binged for multiple episodes, and I just wanted to say that I can't for the life of me get the image of the freaking hilarious father from "Malcolm in the Middle" out of my brain every time I see Walter. Hopefully that image will go away soon, because it's hard for me to completely buy in with that buffoonery in my head constantly.

Back when I'm finished...not sure if this is a spoilered thread or not...
PM'd advice to remain clear of thread until done with show.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:Walt's weary "Elliot, if we're going to go that way, you're going to need a bigger knife" sounded exactly like something Mike would say.
That was absolutely the best line of the episode. Wonderfully delivered.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Only slight disappointment was the old car keys in the visor cliche'. Surely such great writers could have come up with better than that.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Skinypupy wrote:
Moliere wrote:How could Walt know where she would sit? I don't remember the restaurant being that busy. Did Lydia always sit at the same table? I recall her sitting near the window or having to sit at the table near Todd when he arrived first.
Yep, she always sat at the same table at the same time every week.
Really? I was pretty sure that Todd and Lydia sat a different table last week when she sat with his back to her.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It wasn't the same table that helped, it was that she was insistent on using Stevia. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he visited the coffee shop before 10 am and stealthily removed the single packets from half dozen tables where she was historically sitting. Knowing she'd ask for it, he had a way to poison her.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

She sat at the same table but not always the same seat. Nobody else ever ordered anything from there so spicing up that one packet would have been enough.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:
Moliere wrote:How could Walt know where she would sit? I don't remember the restaurant being that busy. Did Lydia always sit at the same table? I recall her sitting near the window or having to sit at the table near Todd when he arrived first.
Yep, she always sat at the same table at the same time every week.
Really? I was pretty sure that Todd and Lydia sat a different table last week when she sat with his back to her.
I read this morning that it was the same table, just shot from the opposite angle. I haven't gone back and watched both episodes to confirm.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Carpet_pissr wrote: I can't for the life of me get the image of the freaking hilarious father from "Malcolm in the Middle" out of my brain every time I see Walter.
I kept slipping up and calling the character "Hal" right through the end.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I should go back and watch the scene where Lydia first meets with Mike at the diner. It's awesome.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

Kraken wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote: I can't for the life of me get the image of the freaking hilarious father from "Malcolm in the Middle" out of my brain every time I see Walter.
I kept slipping up and calling the character "Hal" right through the end.
And I can't believe they're the same guy.
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
mori

Post by mori »

hepcat wrote:
tgb wrote:Great sendoff for Badger and Skinny Pete.
I was just coming here to mention them. That they had troubles with the morality of what they had done made me chuckle...and even more so when they felt those troubles fading away after getting paid.

I felt the show ended spectacularly. Walt admitted what really drove him to crime, he died while protecting those he loved, and he resisted the urge to become a lumberjack and move to Alaska.
I was wondering why Badger and Skinny Pete were with Walt. They know what he is, and hey, where is our buddy Jesse?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm pretty sure if Badger and Skinny Pete could put two and two together, they wouldn't be Badger and Skinny Pete to begin with.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Speaking of Skinny Pete

Heatin Meat
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Jaymann wrote:Only slight disappointment was the old car keys in the visor cliche'. Surely such great writers could have come up with better than that.
I'd expect as much in a small town in the north, the only surprise is that it was a car and not a truck.
tgb

Post by tgb »

The FOX News take

(slightly NSFW)
Last edited by tgb on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You joke...but there are folks out there who desperately need to tie the show into their political beliefs.

He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:You joke...but there are folks out there who desperately need to tie the show into their political beliefs.

Actually I thought it showed the importance of having a gun in the trunk of your car.
Rip

Post by Rip »

tgb wrote:
hepcat wrote:You joke...but there are folks out there who desperately need to tie the show into their political beliefs.

Actually I thought it showed the importance of having a gun in the trunk of your car.
and a bag a Ricin on your pocket.

:mrgreen:
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

I've been thinking about the whole series since Sunday. Think what that means is I need to watch it all over again!
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
tgb

Post by tgb »

KKBlue wrote:I've been thinking about the whole series since Sunday. Think what that means is I need to watch it all over again!

Or just read it again.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Remus West wrote:She sat at the same table but not always the same seat. Nobody else ever ordered anything from there so spicing up that one packet would have been enough.
They totally telegraphed the Stevia twist, I guessed it from the first shot when there was only one packet in the tray.

Interesting how Todd, even though he scored millions, insisted on continuing to cook due to his hopeless crush on Lydia.

Speaking of Todd, I wonder how Walter would have dealt with the kid on the bike had Todd not preempted him.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I can't even begin to believe Walt would've reacted in any way similar to Todd. Even Mike was shocked by that level of ruthlessness.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Yeah, Walter would have served him up a heaping helping of bullshit on a silver platter.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I don't think anybody would have done anything to that kid. Think about it, if you were that age and saw what that kid saw, you wouldn't think twice about it. The last thing on you would think is that these guys are robbing a train. You'd just keep on riding your dirt bike and looking for hills to jump. Hell, if I saw that now I probably wouldn't think these guys are robbing that train just because that doesn't look like a train robbery. I'd wave to them and not give a care in the world about what they were doing.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Rip

Post by Rip »

Awesome video.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Gavin wrote:
Jaymann wrote:Only slight disappointment was the old car keys in the visor cliche'. Surely such great writers could have come up with better than that.
I'd expect as much in a small town in the north, the only surprise is that it was a car and not a truck.
Actually, old Volvos are kind of a northern New England cliche. I laughed out loud when I saw what he was driving. One of the writers must be from (or have spent time) up here.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

Vince (yep, cause we are on the first name basis... bitch!) on Stephen Colbert. Spoiler alert for the first and second part.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
tgb

Post by tgb »

Kraken wrote: Mike became a threat when he could no longer be counted on to deliver the hush money. Heisenberg didn't kill him in anger........
Yes, he did. I went back and watched that scene again. Walter only got the gun after Mike insulted him, telling him he was a fuckup who didn't know his place, and if he had only kept his mouth shut and kept cooking for Gus, everything would be unicorns and lollipops. Of course, Walt told himself he did it to get the names of the guys in prison, but that was just the latest in a string of lies.
Rip

Post by Rip »

tgb wrote:
Kraken wrote: Mike became a threat when he could no longer be counted on to deliver the hush money. Heisenberg didn't kill him in anger........
Yes, he did. I went back and watched that scene again. Walter only got the gun after Mike insulted him, telling him he was a fuckup who didn't know his place, and if he had only kept his mouth shut and kept cooking for Gus, everything would be unicorns and lollipops. Of course, Walt told himself he did it to get the names of the guys in prison, but that was just the latest in a string of lies.
Yea, Walt admitted the real reason he did it was because he liked it. He liked being Heisenberg and here was this asshole telling him he sucked at it. He may have been a little afraid but he enjoyed blowing Mike away.
mori

Post by mori »

I thought Todd's ringtone for Lydia was sweet. Ahh, he has a crush on her.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

mori wrote:I thought Todd's ringtone for Lydia was sweet. Ahh, he has a crush on her.
Made me think of this scene from one of my favorite movies.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon of September 16, 2013 wrote:Whelp.

Despite my best efforts, I have finally been sucked into Breaking Bad. Still on season one but hooked.
Well, 17 days and 62 episodes later, :clap:
tgb

Post by tgb »

A friend sent me this great post-mortem.