Frank Darabont to write/direct Walking Dead series for AMC

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jolor

Re: Frank Darabont to write/direct Walking Dead series for A

Post by Jolor »

Is there a hiatus? We saw episodes the past two Sundays here in Canada but I there's been no discussion on these boards.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

not been much to talk about. Felt like last nights episode was a waste. Only part I liked was when Daryl faced Maggie and Rosita actually opened up and we learned a little about the character.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Fair enough. With two episodes in S7 to go, though, I have to wonder what they're building towards.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Jolor wrote:Fair enough. With two episodes in S7 to go, though, I have to wonder what they're building towards.
An event that leads to a cliffhanger that builds towards character development that signals a death that prompts /obligatory road feel less bad episode/ the characters to mourn, so they can rally and prepare for next season when they are going to get ready to /obligatory herd episode/ initiate the war that will start getting ready right after the mid season hiatus .
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Was that Daryl in the very last shot of this latest episode?
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Either Rosita or Sasha is not coming home (possibly both, but I don't think so). My money's on Sasha since we know the actress has another job...plus she gave Maggie a parting trinket for her baby. Her suicide mission to take out Negan can't succeed; that would be too easy.

Do we know whose silhouette Rosita saw in the last scene? I thought it might be Eugene, but not sure.

I expect that this season will end with the coalition mobilized for war.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Combustible Lemur wrote:
Jolor wrote:Fair enough. With two episodes in S7 to go, though, I have to wonder what they're building towards.
An event that leads to a cliffhanger that builds towards character development that signals a death that prompts /obligatory road feel less bad episode/ the characters to mourn, so they can rally and prepare for next season when they are going to get ready to /obligatory herd episode/ initiate the war that will start getting ready right after the mid season hiatus .
You might want to 'spoiler' tag that.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote:Was that Daryl in the very last shot of this latest episode?
I think that's what they wanted us to believe, but no, I do not think it was Daryl.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Could it be what's-his-name who got his face burned by Negan and took off after Daryl escaped? Dwight...

He might be back to help get revenge on Negan...

It looked to me like that person had a crossbow. Did Daryl get HIS crossbow back or just ANOTHER crossbow? Does Dwight still have a crossbow?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Z-Corn wrote:Could it be what's-his-name who got his face burned by Negan and took off after Daryl escaped? Dwight...

He might be back to help get revenge on Negan...

It looked to me like that person had a crossbow. Did Daryl get HIS crossbow back or just ANOTHER crossbow? Does Dwight still have a crossbow?
That also crossed my mind, but I too wasn't sure if Daryl had his crossbow back or not.
He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

It could be Daryl. I think we are supposed to think it is. Seems more likely to me that it's Abraham's ghost. After that, probably Dwight. It was a pretty slow episode for 5 minutes of character development.

I still think Eugene is planning something. I think he likes doing the stuff he is doing but he's planning a way to bring the whole thing down at the opportune time.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

I really think it's Dwight. Daryl's new crossbow is from the kingdom.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

I never considered it was Dwight and thought it was Daryl. I guess the silhouette of the crossbow will be the deciding factor.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I'm hoping for a better episode tonight, last week was the first real dull one, for me, this half of the season. I was hoping Sasha would get to take a shot at Negan. That was the only unpredictable thing the writers could do. She sees Negan and can't take the shot? Who didn't see that coming? She doesn't need to kill him but if she had seen she had a clear shot at him and took it, that would've made for a less boring episode.

I did enjoy seeing the armored walkers. Actually I enjoyed Eugene's scenes too, he's the best part of the show for me these days.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So
Spoiler:
Dwight offers to switch sides and help take down Negan and all Rick wants is a blow job? Nice.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't know if it was intentional or accidental, but did anyone pick up on the idea that Negan arguably did the right thing this week and Rick was crossing the line again?
Spoiler:
Zero tolerance of rapists is admirable. Showing up and indicating you're taking all the guns - no discussion - seems rather...aggressive.
I mean, I get why Rick did it, but it seems like it could also backfire. It also seemed like the least likely way to gain trust and clearly needed support.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Smoove_B wrote: I mean, I get why Rick did it, but it seems like it could also backfire. It also seemed like the least likely way to gain trust and clearly needed support.
Ever since S3 or so, Rick has been a fount of one bad idea after another. Why these nitwits allow him to remain in charge in anybody's guess.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Smoove_B wrote:I don't know if it was intentional or accidental, but did anyone pick up on the idea that Negan arguably did the right thing this week and Rick was crossing the line again?
Spoiler:
Zero tolerance of rapists is admirable. Showing up and indicating you're taking all the guns - no discussion - seems rather...aggressive.
I mean, I get why Rick did it, but it seems like it could also backfire. It also seemed like the least likely way to gain trust and clearly needed support.
With Negan I don't think it's about doing the right thing so much as Negan is trading a lesser player for a better player. That guy seemed like an employee with no potential for promotion. Sasha is someone he recognizes as management material. What better way to square things away with her, to get her onboard? It costs Negan nothing to try it, just a minion who is easily replaced.

I didn't see Rick as crossing the line at all. They had every opportunity to cooperate.
Spoiler:
Rick and his people are committed to this fight and that means they need those guns. They weren't leaving without them. I would have done the same. They went out of their way to not hurt anyone and not damage anything vital. When they return the guns that should remove any doubt the seaside community has about them being good guys, and if they lose the fight and don't return the guns then it doesn't matter anyways. There is no downside to taking the guns.
This wasn't an action packed episode but I wasn't bored. It seemed to go by really fast, I guess it was interesting enough to not drag.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I guess that laid to rest the speculation that Eugene is playing a long con.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Kraken wrote:I guess that laid to rest the speculation that Eugene is playing a long con.
As long as we're speculating about Eugene, I don't think he'll survive the season, especially after his speech about feeling safe. Foreshadow much?

I have a feeling that Negan will somehow discover that he passed the pill to Sasha, and that will be it for him.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I still think he might be playing the long con. There's no reason that I can see for him to spill his guts to Sasha. His plans, whatever they are, were formed by him to be carried out by him. Sasha is not likely to be able to do much for him, seeing as he has a lot more freedom than she does. Maybe if she had at least pretended to join Negan's side then Eugene might figure out how she might help, since presumably he'd have more interaction with her. It's like each of them is working towards their own ends, with neither having a reason to bring the other in just yet.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Eugene might still flip when his former friends bring the war to his doorstep, and as an insider it could be critical. But I don't think he's planning that. He has survived this long by knowing which side his bread's buttered on, and right now Negan has all the Mazola.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

The thing about Eugene and his situation is that he has no idea that Rick has flipped back from being Negan's bitch. The last he saw, Rick was still crawling around doing whatever Negan wanted, with no argument, telling everyone the only way to survive is to do what the Saviors tell them to do.

So of course he is going to think he is better off in Negan's camp. If Sasha had bothered to tell him the situation, maybe he would have changed his mind.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I really hope they don't kill him off any time soon, he has a lot of knowledge and skills that they need. Plus I like him and enjoy seeing the actor who plays him on Talking Dead. Always funny stuff.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I'd like to think Eugene can't get past what he saw Negan do to his friends. By joining Negan, he becomes an accomplice to that. He knows those kinds of actions continue, more people are being killed. You can't join up without being a party to that.

So if he's planning something it's as payback for that, not as part of a larger fight against Negan. So, for him, what Rick is doing is irrelevant.I don't think Sasha should have told Eugene anything because she can't trust him not to inform Negan. As far as she knows, he is on Negan's side now.
naednek

Post by naednek »

miss the days where everyone would hurry to the forums to post impressions of that night's episode.

Awesome finale I though. I can't remember the what the wooden soldier was important, can someone elaborate in spoiler tags?
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

naednek wrote:miss the days where everyone would hurry to the forums to post impressions of that night's episode.

Awesome finale I though. I can't remember the what the wooden soldier was important, can someone elaborate in spoiler tags?
Spoiler:
I think it was just a callback to the episode in the previous season when Daryl first met Dwight's group in the woods. In that episode, Daryl forced Dwight to hand over his gun along with the wooden soldier that he'd carved in trade for the diabetic girl's insulin. In other words, Daryl knew that Dwight carved those wooden soldiers, and if/when Daryl saw it after the battle was over, he'd unequivocally associate it with Dwight. So it was Dwight's subtle way of conveying the message that he didn’t know the Garbage Pile Kids had secretly struck a deal with Negan to betray Rick's group, but also that he's still on Rick's side, and likely to be a crucial inside man in the next season.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Yeah, that was my impression of what it meant.

Pretty nice that it didn't end on a huge cliffhanger for once. Really a good episode, in my opinion. Although I think somebody needs to adjust the tiger's aim. It was a little off.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Doomboy wrote:Although I think somebody needs to adjust the tiger's aim. It was a little off.
You want to be the one telling the tiger she is doing it wrong?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

I guess these people never heard of taking cover.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Excellent finale, with more than one twist that I totally didn't see coming -- although I was not surprised when the cavalry arrived; I had remarked to Wife a few minutes earlier that we knew the Kingdom was still on its way. If their timing was a little too perfect, I'm willing to overlook that -- maybe they were watching from offstage, waiting to pick their moment. Really great end for Sasha, too.

The only real WTF moment for me was
Spoiler:
Sasha says "Hey, I think I'd like to ride in the coffin so I can get some sleep" and Negan says "Well, that's wacky, but OK!"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What happened to baby Judith? At one point we hear a cry and Negan makes some comment about Rick losing someone close. But nothing ever comes of it, as far as I can tell. :?
He won. Period.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

hepcat wrote:What happened to baby Judith? At one point we hear a cry and Negan makes some comment about Rick losing someone close. But nothing ever comes of it, as far as I can tell. :?
It wasn't Judith that he was referring to. The cry was supposed to be a bad ending to the struggle on the sniper ledge.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
tgb

Post by tgb »

They never told us where Gregory took for for last week.

We just watched the latest episode of Colony. WD could learn a lot from that show.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I was mostly frustrated with the episode until things started paying off, then I liked it. I was genuinely surprised with Eugene.
Spoiler:
I would have shot him just for saying "I'm Negan" if I had been there.
That's not a long con, that was completely his idea and totally unnecessary for a long con. It does make sense
Spoiler:
if getting in good with Negan is the goal. If it works, Eugene proves to be useful for more than just making things. If it doesn't work it still demoralizes his former friends and Negan would know that. TRAITOR!
My favorite moment was Rick's 'ah shiat...blow them up anyways' reaction to that on the wall. Betrayal, loss, sadness, anger, all captured perfectly by the actors in that scene.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

msduncan wrote:
hepcat wrote:What happened to baby Judith? At one point we hear a cry and Negan makes some comment about Rick losing someone close. But nothing ever comes of it, as far as I can tell. :?
It wasn't Judith that he was referring to. The cry was supposed to be a bad ending to the struggle on the sniper ledge.

Really? I could have sworn that was a baby's cry. I must be getting old and my hearing is going.

But that does make more sense.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I might have missed if they explained:
Spoiler:
what trash girl was asking for when she said that she wanted 12 instead of 10 from Negan
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Didn't love or hate the season finale, but I was glad it didn't really end on a WHO IS GOING TO DIE cliffhanger; I can at least give them credit there. Large scale chaotic gun battles bother me as I'd expect many more random people to be shot or killed. But magically no major characters took a bullet or had their faces eaten off by a tiger. I was surprised by the treachery but as soon as they took the coffin and put it in the plot-required vertical position, I knew what was going to happen. I'm having a hard time imaging a war situation and thinking about how it would all work in a way that is interesting and consistent with the theme of the show. I guess we'll see. I do fear that the cast is once again way too large to be sustainable and they're going to be constantly juggling story lines to try and get everyone some screen time. I think they're going to need to be really careful about that as it's not something they've been great at doing in other seasons.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:. But magically no major characters took a bullet
Spoiler:
Well...other than Rick. :wink:
Spoiler:
P.S. Here's what you do when a tiger shows up at your gunfight:

shoot tiger

Not sure why that simple act seemed to escape everyone with Negan.
I enjoyed it. I could have done without the first 40 minutes or so of the show. I want action in my season finales, dagnabit. But they did set the ground for what may be a cool showdown next season.

Also, we got more of Ezekiel and his huge sidekick, who still makes me smile every time I see him. He's just so...jovial. He's like a less goofy version of Costello. :D
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That was a compliance bullet. :D

As a side note, I did watch The Talking Dead this week and can't unsee the garbage people now as "Heapsters" now. It's perfect.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I still feel the greatest tragedy of the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead is the death of polysyllabism in some regions.
He won. Period.